Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
SUGGESTION STICKEY

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

well that was direct
  yep
  and loud
View Results

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:34 pm
WE HAVE A SUGGESTION STICKEY
MAKE SUGGESTIONS NOW  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:39 pm
oh, and our first suggestion was a pm I recieved suggesting a suggestion stickey.

Here it is and my responce.
Please keep in mind that I know that I am not around the guild often enough to really make decisions about what the guild needs so if the guild says they want it then the guild gets it.
In the case of things I don't really like I may need to see a poll to accept that the guild really wants it, I can be stubbornly convinced that I am right sometimes.

s e p i a scarecrow xx
Er, hi. sweatdrop As you probably know I'm from the Craftin' Guild. I'm sorry if you're the wrong guild-moderator to be asking about this, but there was nothing in the rules and Stuff post about who to contact about what if need be. I also apologize for length. sweatdrop
I just wanted to make a suggestion about the Guild. This suggestion is that you make a sticky or announcement thread for Guild members to give their own suggestions about what can be done to improve the Guild itself. It, in all honesty, probably wouldn't get many replies, seeing as everyone's pretty happy as is...but still, someone might always have an idea.

Oh, and also...I wanted to ask if, considering the amount of gold the Guild account has, if more subforums could be made. Not a lot! But a few. Like, for example, one for each kind of a really popular craft - one for knitting/crocheting, one for sewing, maybe one that's for off-topic things, etc. These could be used for when someone is not asking for help, but wanting to show off something they made that isn't a tutorial (I'm explaining this badly, aren't I?). The main forum is just kinda messy to me, and I've looked through backposts and stuff before to see if anything catches my interest, but that takes time and it's not always clear when something is a craft I can do or not...with specific subforums, it would be clearer for future posts and less messy in the main forum.

Oh, wow, that was longer than expected. Thank you if you read it.

-Cait, s e p i a scarecrow xx

A suggestions stickey will be done.

and too many subforums is a bet peeve of mine ESPECIALLY subforums that are inactive. I don't think we have enough trafic through our guild to need to cut the amount of posts on our main page, and you would be suprised how many discussions about oragami get me thinking about sewing and me talking about sewing gets people thinking about knitting so I kinda like all the posts to be made in one big blob in the one forum.
But I am not around here often enough to reall be deciding what the place needs and if the suggestions stickey says with a majorioty we want/need one then we will have one.

I be me

p.s. there is no such thing as a post that is too long so long as it is all presenting ideas. I have a brain for thinking and reading and if the rest of the internet is too darn stupid and impatient to read whole posts then thats their problem.
grrrr internet and their grrr impatience.

p.p.s. oh, and as for the goldfor the subforums, that is not an issue. I have been here since the days of squidi errors wich is almost back at the dawn of time so I have gold. Infact I think I will copy and paste this entire thread into the suggestions stickey as the first suggestion and ask if anybody wants to run a comp for a craft of some kind I will provide golds for a prize and mod powers for the duration of the comp.
something...simple, as much as I love compititions they seem to have a history of inactivity. Except for my first ever for the banners, that went great.
and that comp suggestion should probibly have a post all on its own but I kinda want to see who will read this post all the way through to respond.
Can't read a whole post, probibly not all that reliable.  

I be me
Vice Captain

Rorek

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:48 am
I like the idea of subforums for specific crafts, but I also agree that the guild moves slowly enough that there isn't a need per say. It'd just make it a little easier to skip directly to the craft(s) you enjoy the most.

For instance, I really only sew, and sometimes make stuff that I'm not sure how to classify, like the ninja knife/kunai that I made for a costume, comprised entirely of packing tape, and electrical tape.

Maybe there are alot of people who only knit, or only make stuffed animals, or something. I can't speak for them, but it'd be nice if I could go directly to the Sewing area and read up on stuff. I don't mind sifting through a couple of pages of threads but others might. 3nodding

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:54 pm
hmmmmm that's tough... it's nice already... OH! ya here is one idea plz try to keep the # of members down(it's hard to get to know other crafters then!)  

mobrose

dezignqueen209

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:26 pm
I haven't been here long enough to know if there should be changes or not. I realy like everything I have seen so far. Contests are always fun in my opinion. Keep up the good work!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:29 pm
a sticky for a recipe swap! (see edible crafts). I think that it would be a great thing to add to the group.  

Fionamule

strawberry monochrome

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:37 pm
I think a subforum for member galleries would be pretty cool. It would be a place for each member if they want to, to show off their work for c+c or so members can just look at their creations.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:52 pm
I agree with Rorek and Emo that subforums would be really helpful. I know the guild doesn't move fast, but having paper in one area, yarn in another, and fabric, edibles, and so on in others would be so much simpler than scrolling through all the forum for specific threads. Oh, and Pepper Azul, I'm all for a recipe swap. . . I made a great veggie soup today!  

weyrdkat

6,950 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Supertheory

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:08 am
I know I've only been here for a few days, but I don't think more subforums are necessary. It's a pretty slow moving guild.

Plus, I'm a generally crafty person. I crochet, sew (kinda), knit, refinish furniture etc. I like clicking on an interesting thread title and being happily surprised about what I find.

The only thing subforums would really be useful for are Tutorials (which we have,) and maybe Finished Projects. If anyone has online shops a Buy/Sell might be handy too (when I start makin' my hand painted 100% alpaca yarn you guys better buy it!)

Too many subforums make the main forum horrible to read, because you have to scroll through a bunch of subforums before you get to anything good.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:42 pm
yay, i read all the way through it* heh. this is only my first day at the Craftin' Guild so i probably cant draw a proper conclusion. but so far, i really like it here. don't see much room for improvement either. i like the blob of the threads. one thing i would suggest is yes, more contests. i'd like to get more involved. and i think that might work to promote involvement in general, well, maybe? heart  

ediboyo

CORNSiLKDreamer

8,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:18 am
How about a Crafter's Challenge?
Someone sets a theme and everyone tries to make it with their various mediums, then the judges (who obviously won't be competing) pick the winner(s)?
Maybe we can each contribute to a prize pot to send to the first place crafter.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:00 pm
CORNSiLKDreamer
How about a Crafter's Challenge?
Someone sets a theme and everyone tries to make it with their various mediums, then the judges (who obviously won't be competing) pick the winner(s)?
Maybe we can each contribute to a prize pot to send to the first place crafter.
I have done it a bunch of times in the past, but we don't get many people submitting stuff.  

I be me
Vice Captain

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces