View Results

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:25 pm
Since I was about 7 I've always found sunset disgusting. Disgusting as in repulsive, sickening, revolting and foul in their most literal forms.

If they're particularly orange they make me nauseous. The long shadows are gross. The whole thing makes me feel horribly depressed for some reason.

I thought I was the only one ever who felt like that then one day my best friend says, quite out of the blue, "I don't know what it is about sunsets, man, but they make me so sad."

Then we talked about it for a while and discovered that we both feel the same way at sunset. Depressed and sick.
But through all our talks we can't figure out why. Since we were kids, we've hated sunsets. The more orange and glare-y they are, the worse.

Does anyone else have this little quirk? Can anyone shed some light onto why this happens?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:19 am
spooky_sez
Since I was about 7 I've always found sunset disgusting. Disgusting as in repulsive, sickening, revolting and foul in their most literal forms.

If they're particularly orange they make me nauseous. The long shadows are gross. The whole thing makes me feel horribly depressed for some reason.

I thought I was the only one ever who felt like that then one day my best friend says, quite out of the blue, "I don't know what it is about sunsets, man, but they make me so sad."

Then we talked about it for a while and discovered that we both feel the same way at sunset. Depressed and sick.
But through all our talks we can't figure out why. Since we were kids, we've hated sunsets. The more orange and glare-y they are, the worse.

Does anyone else have this little quirk? Can anyone shed some light onto why this happens?

Really? Can't attach any explanation to that. But I like sunsets. Especially the more orangey and glare-y. I find them beautiful in a poignant way. So essential we are opposites. Maybe you are just an optimistic person.  

jaenus

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:12 am
Strangely, the sky where I live, rarely gets a proper sunset, most of the time, its just a really heavy deepening of the blue from the sky.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:09 am
spooky_sez

i can't give you a definite reason as to why you feel this way. but i remember reading somewhere a while back that the reason sunsets are so beautiful is because of the pollution in the air. now, don't know if this has been disprooved or not, but if that is the case then maybe, you're more in tune with the earth and subconsciously you feel disgusted that so many people find sunsets beautiful when they're a sign on how much we've hurt the planet and in turn you express it by thinking of them in the way you do. hope that helps =]

psychoticXqutip

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:38 am
psychoticXqutip
spooky_sez

i can't give you a definite reason as to why you feel this way. but i remember reading somewhere a while back that the reason sunsets are so beautiful is because of the pollution in the air. now, don't know if this has been disprooved or not, but if that is the case then maybe, you're more in tune with the earth and subconsciously you feel disgusted that so many people find sunsets beautiful when they're a sign on how much we've hurt the planet and in turn you express it by thinking of them in the way you do. hope that helps =]

That's a nice way of thinking about it. Super environment lady! I'm in tune with the earth!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:39 am
Rellik San
Strangely, the sky where I live, rarely gets a proper sunset, most of the time, its just a really heavy deepening of the blue from the sky.

That'd be much better. That orange is horrible.  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:26 am
spooky_sez
Rellik San

That'd be much better. That orange is horrible.

Trade Ya. The way it happens here is so damn depressing and bleak.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:13 am
spooky_sez

I love sunsets...  

Devils_lilboy

Corpse_Bride_131

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:40 am
I find sunsets to be really depressing - but also somewhat calming - when they are all orangey and shadowy. My friend and I talked about this once and this is what we came up with.
We are able to see the beauty and calmness that the end of the day brings. When our lives all end, maybe it will be that way as well.
That sounds so weird when it's put in writing, but it kind of makes sense, no?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:04 pm
I think sunsets are beautiful, but they make me feel depressed and reflective. I was never sure why, either.  

ashesoverdiamond

Kozi Usagi

1,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:06 pm
I don't really like the sun in general. I have always been a light skinned person and think it looks good on me so I try not to do the sun at all.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:16 pm
Does your aversion also count for sundowns? The only thing that comes to me is that sun down and sun set is a change from dream to wake, from wake to dream, something dies, something is born. Are you afraid to be be caught in between the moments? Unable to die, unable to live? Unable to dream unable to wake? Are you clinging to the night or are you clinging to the day?

If it is only the sunset then you might be afraid of the day, the wake. Why? Because too many people think their thoughts and they interefere with your own thought and personality patterns? Sensitive people can feel that and it can affect ones biorythm.
Orange is a mix of yellow and red. Yellow stands for wisdom, red for sexual and fundamental energy. Maybe you have a problem with being day active, extrovertism,you`re more night active, introverted.

To me the sundown and sunset sometimes remind me of an apoclyptic scenario. All doors are open for a little while. All emotions exisiting good and bad from all over the world are more exposed and open at that time. Depressing and amazing at the same time. But that`s just me.  

osirisgoauldgoddess

ShadowLotus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:59 pm
Definitely don't have that problem. Sunset is when I relax and enjoy the coming of the night. Night is when I'm calm, get things done, feel more awake and more creative. Sunset is the end of the once again annoying day of stress. I don't mind the color at all either.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:28 pm
I like it when it's overcast and you don't notice a change in colour--just from grey to darker grey.

Orange is too harsh.

-Isel-

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas