Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Talwar126

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:33 am
crying

Kotaku.com
Nintendo have just announced at their Fall Conference that Smash Bros. Brawl has been delayed in Japan until early 2008. January 24, to be exact. No word on whether that means the North American release has also been delayed, but we'll update you on that as soon as we hear back from Nintendo.

crying

Don't expect to see it in America during our Holiday Season.

crying  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:57 pm
just above the video for the new brawl video (not sonic video) it says theres still more development needed and they hope to keep it on track. then still on the brawl website the release date says TBD. WHY MUST THIS HAPPEN, TO RUIN SUCH A GOOD DAY  

Nevobac

Amazing-Ness287
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:02 pm
i hope its a sick joke sakurai is playing on us.

i wanted to play it on christmas vacation.... oh well

cry  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:46 pm
They key words are "for Japan".  

General Lea

Interesting Conversationalist

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150

Amazing-Ness287
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:46 pm
i dont think theyd release it here first, at least not by a whole month. the japanese might just be crazy enough to boycott it or something.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:01 am

It's entirely possible that the North America release date will remain the same.
It wouldn't be the first time America recieved a Nintendo product before Japan did.
Remember the DS!

I'd think it would be to every advantage
if the game were released before the holiday season.
Y'know? It only makes sense.

Magical Girl BunnyWinx

Angelic Spirit

9,675 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Talwar126

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:33 am
Sorry to say this, but it isn't.... As a matter of fact, it's now two months and a week later now...

Kotaku.com
George Harrison opened Nintendo's media event in San Francisco today with confirmation on the new release date for Super Smash Bros. Brawl, recently delayed for Japan. According to George, the new North American ship date for the Wii brawler is now February 10, 2008. George put a positive spin on the post holiday bump, simply saying the developers needed more time. I'll be playing it in just a few minutes, so expect first hands-on impressions soon.

::Continues to cry::  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:52 pm
wasnt the date december 3?  

ChaosLegioneerX

8,825 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100

General Lea

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:40 pm
Yes, and by my information it still will be. If it was true, then it'd already be on Smashbros.com, which is the official site.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:19 am

Dang... so much for happy holidays...

Magical Girl BunnyWinx

Angelic Spirit

9,675 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

MONKIE LAD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:19 pm
Smashbros.com says
Quote:
Today I have some good news and some bad news. Let's get the bad part out of the way first, shall we?

As many of you may have already heard, we have had to delay the launch of Super Smash Bros. Brawl by just a little bit—it will now be launching on February 10th in the Americas. I know that many of you will be disappointed by this news, but please understand that the extra development time will enable us to make the game the best it can be. It is my earnest hope that you will all be enjoying this game for many years, and we are all working very hard toward that goal.

Phew. Now for some good news to tide you over.

The forthcoming E for All event will be held at the Los Angeles Convention Center beginning October 18.

And it appears that this event will display the first ever public playable version of Super Smash Bros. Brawl! I am planning on having people play the game—but with limited character selection.

The problem is Sonic. What to do... I suppose if we’re going to all this trouble, perhaps we should make him playable.

Oh, yes. And for those of you who come to play, please remember—you tap the Control Stick to do Smash attacks.

Have fun!

We have to wait even longer.....  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:49 pm
I hope the wait is Necessary...

Run The Jewels

General Lea

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:02 pm
Well, screw the happy holidays and everyone that wanted this game.... scream stressed  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:39 pm
Its said that it may come out in February here in the U.S. T.T I am so mad! I was looking forward to playing that over Winter Break as well. But I guess since Super Mario Galaxy os coming out soon I will have something to wipe my tears away....  

TehChelsea

Super Smash Bros. Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces