[PRP] Heat? Please! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demonstration_evil

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:07 pm
User Image

Slowly but surely, Ilori was getting used to not having to move around every day. He had bussied himself by learning every nook and cranny of his new home, moving easily around sand dunes that moved from time-to-time... but it still felt a little wierd. Most of his childhood had been spent seeing new things all the time, and meeting new lions, or wild dogs, or cheetons at every turn!

Now it was just... the same everyone, he saw most of them every day... it was a little wierd. He could suddenly form connections with others that lasted for more than a day, and were outside his family. He hadn't quite decided if that made him feel less lonely... or more so. The desert itself wasn't so bad, except for the bad memories of the Firekin he had met before.

Unlike his father and brother, he loved the heat (more like his mother) and was happy to run around in the middle of the day, as he was right now, sliding up and down the sand-dunes to his heart's delight. As long as he avoided having any actual work to do, it suited him just fine.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:28 pm
As king, Muroki felt protective over and responsible for the Clan members, and had grown fond of quite a few of them. He took turns laying on the highest dune, watching out for any vultures that might dare to swoop down upon the smaller members who wandered away from nanny or parent. All the adults had taken a turn sometime, but Muroki felt like it was his duty more than anyone elses, while they stayed in the Oasis. He'd lay down sphinx like, and his golden eyes would watch over them all, keen as a hawk of Heru.

So when Ilori strayed just a little too far for his liking, he stretched and slid down the large dune with all the grace a desert-cat sound have despite his size. Time to catch up with Adanna's young one! A finally meet the lad properly too, he mused, for while they saw each other around he'd never really sent time with the juvenile. Really, he should talk to the younger lions more, rather than just watch over them all the time.

"Ilori! Wait a moment." He called.  

Successful Edit

demonstration_evil

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:39 pm
Ilori skitted to a stop on his most recent dune-quest, suprised to hear the King's voice calling out to him. He had never really spoken to the older male before, so it was almost wierd to think that he would want something. But, as per usual, Ilori shrugged it off, sat down, and waited. He just hoped this didn't mean he had to do any work... he hated it when he had to do something that wasn't fun!

"Yes King Muroki?" Ilori called over his shoulder, turning his dark eyes towards the king of his new home. He wondered what it would be like to be king... would it be hard? Too much for Ilori to even think about! Taking care of everyone in the pride, making things run smoothly... it all had to be a total headache!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:46 pm
"Sorry Ilori, but you're straying too far from the Oasis." He smiled down at Ilori when he caught up with him, sorry to stop someone playing or exploring. The sooner they were free to do as they wished and the Temple was won, the better. Everytime Muroki had to ask one of the cubs or other juveniles to stay closer to home, it mde him feel bad, even though he knew he was doing it for them. He had to look after his lions. Though maybe...

"And I was wondering...would you like to see a secret?A Clan secret?"  

Successful Edit

demonstration_evil

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:46 pm
Ilori had been a little dissapointed that the King wanted him to stop wandering. He had done it a lot as a cub, going wherever he pleased, and his mother had certainly never stopped him. Except one time... with the Firekin, but that had all been a big mistake that he never wished to repeat. He hated them. Perhaps there were other creatures out there like the lions who had harmed his mother...

Then the King mentioned a secret. "A secret?" Ilori's ears perked up, "What kind of secret?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:29 pm
"A special secret." He looked around, as if checking no one could over hear them. Though it was obvious no one would be able to. Still, he lowered his head and half whispered. "A chamber of secrets."

"Want to come see?" He straightened up and gestured Ilori should follow, taking a few steps. Muroki hoped he would and then he could go show him the place.

((*just realised hat that sounds like* whee Ahaha, don't trust Riddle?))  

Successful Edit

demonstration_evil

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:15 am
((*gigglesnort* Well plays, well played))

Ilori nodded furiously and jumped up, looking excited to go wherever Muroki was planning to take him. Who cared about not being able to run off? This was so much cooler in every sense of the word!

"Oh please show me!" Then he realized how loud he was being, "Please take me King Muroki! It would be so cool!" Then Ilori paused, "...Or is it warm here? I don't know..."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:29 pm
"Still cool, though this place is warm" Muroki chuckled good naturedly and padded along at a pace Ilori could match, checking every now and then they were going the right way. It had been a few days since he'd rediscovered it, and he didn't want to get them lost. It would be a very bad example for a king to set one of the Clan's youngest members, now, wouldn't it? Lost in their own lands.

"You can come here by yourself if you let me or one of the adults know you're heading this way. I hate telling others not to go too far, but the vultures... Still. Least you'll have this secret."  

Successful Edit

demonstration_evil

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:01 pm
Ilori sneered a little at the idea of the vultures, "They don't belong here. They should leave." He had gotten most of the hatred pf the vultures from his mother, since he had never actually see them. But he put them on level with the Firekin, and left it at that.

He didn't pause though, and managed to keep up with the king nicely, "I'll be sure to ask whenever I want to go. But what iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssss it!? Spoil it for me! I want to know!"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:58 pm
"They belonged here once, but after all they've done..." Muroki shook his head, tossing the thought to the winds - now was the time to get to know Ilori, not ponder the rights and wrongs of the war with the vultures. Far more important to know his Clan.

"And it's a secret secret, it's hard to find. Give it a go?" The king stopped and gestured at a small patch of desert scrub before them. It wasn't too far from the Oasis, and no where near as lush. A patch of sand in the shade, under a tree, was a little bit darker...but that would be hard to spot!  

Successful Edit

demonstration_evil

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:06 pm
"So much wooork," Ilori moaned out-loud, though that hardly stopped him, excitement kicking in over laziness for the moment. He scowered the area in search of anything that seemed out of place or different. It took him a while, but eventually his very triumphant "Ah-HA!" could be heard from under one of the trees where Ilori stood.

He pointed down and smiled brightly, "At first I though it was a wierd bug I found, but it's this, right? It's the only thing that looks wierd!" He declared, proud of himself and his logic at discovering it, "So, what did I win?"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:40 am
"Very good, Ilori! Very good. Makings of a Guardian or a great Hunter, with such sharp eyes." He praised the youngster and joined him under the tree. Muroki scooped a couple of pawfuls of sand out the way, then carefully sank said paw into the ground. Underneath was a slab of rock, not too far down, and scattered across it..

"Here!" He pulled up a band of leather out of the ground, with a few old beads, paint flaked off. It hadn't survived the test of time well and wasn't really good enough for a handsome pair of lions to wear. If the leather would even hold up to being worn!

"Oh, bad luck...sorry my friend. But here is a treasure store. I think there could be something of worth, amongst that which hasn't survived. In any case there's a rock down there with history written on it. But I thought you might find treasure seeking more fun than lessons just yet."

((X3' Up to you if he ever finds anything or not, buuut yet. Thought it sounded kind of fun, kinda...))  

Successful Edit

demonstration_evil

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:09 pm
Ilori, being tragicly himself as he was, was perfectly happy with their findings, "WOW! Look at this!" He looked at the old leather and beads, perfectly content with them, "Awsome! I'll have to show mom!" He smiled, looking up, "Mom says I get everything from her... except being lazy, she says I get that from dad." Something being old had never really been something to stand in the way of Ilori having a good time. Then again... very few things stood in the way of Ilori having a good time.

He looked up at Muroki, "I have to see!" He jumped down, looking at the rock, eyes scanning it before he looked back up, "What does it mean King Muroki!? It looks neat!"

((Very fun ^_^ Most certainly something Ilori will be doing... since he'll always be looking for a way out of doing work))  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:02 pm
"Well, we can see so little so far, but one day, I'll tell you what it means." Even as the king explained, sand trickled back into the hole his paws has made, spread by their weight. It obscured the rock from view but they both knew where it was. The sand that covered it was just that bit darker. And besides - the old necklace, tatty though it was, was pleasing proof for the juvenile.

"And if you take ater your parents you'll grow up to be a fine lion. I'm happy you and yours came to live with us Ilori." Muroki smiled, happy he'd made him so too.  

Successful Edit

demonstration_evil

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:45 pm
Ilori smiled down at the sand, glad he had seen it, and knowing that he would figure out how to read it. Lost treasures of the Dawnwalkers? Oh yes, that was something he would most definitly be looking after! No matter how far into the desert he had to look, for that matter!

"Thanks," He smiled back at his King, "I wasn't sure I would like staying in one place at first... but I think I'll be okay," he nodded to himself, almost for self-assurence, "I like the desert... more than anywhere else, I think."

[IC] Abandoned Temple [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff