Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply dead threads - do not post
The Great Vampires vs Werewolves Debate Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favorite Vampire (werewolves next!)
Dracula
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Eric Northman
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Edward Cullen
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Sanguini from Harry Potter
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:47 pm
A popular debate: which are better, vampires or werewolves?

I like vampires, because I believe vampires are clean and dignified. Werewolves act like - well, like animals. Vampires are all about being powerful and refined. Werewolves are all about ripping things apart. Vampires are usually aristocrats and beautiful, and are very dark and mysterious. Werewolves are instinctual, rough, and very... I don't know how to explain it. Almost... deep in the soul. That's the only words I can describe them with. I don't know what it means. Deep in the darkest part of the soul -- the part that I don't believe is romantic.

NOTE: Vampires and werewolves have been portrayed many different ways. I am talking about my own particular vampire and werewolf myths.

So, what do you believe about vampires and werewolves? What's your favorite myth? What your favorite monster? What makes you feel this way? Can you suggest any cool books?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:52 pm
Vampires. Like you said, they're portrayed so many different ways that every story about them is different. Some have them dignified and some have them as monsters. Some of my favorite vampire-themed books are The Vampire Chronicles, Vamped and Sunshine.  

Catherine of Aragon

Gilly_Van_Rost

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:58 am
I'm not sure... I like them both, in their own crazy way.
Vampires, like you said, are dignified. They are very lady/gentleman like, holding masked balls and living in mansions... And sucking peoples blood... I think that I would prefer to be a vampire.

I do like werewolves, for random reasons I can't quite define.

D'you know what would be good? A Romeo&Juliet style story about a Vampire and a Werewolf. Kind of... Horror/Romance/Tragedy
Does anyone know of an existing one?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:53 am
Vampires becuse, well...the reasons you listed. I am currently reading a trilogy that has vampires and werewolves. The books are Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer. But sorry, I don't know any Romeo & Juliet style story with monsters.  

gemela_dos

Heroic Gekko

15,450 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Lhia Dunwaith

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:41 pm
Neither!!!

But give me a penguin ( xd ) and you've captured my attention.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:58 pm
Vampires for sure, for all the reasons already mentioned. They seem classier, more refined, and dignified. They are graceful and charming too. Plus -- for some weird reason and don't think I'm crazy for thinking it! -- they are really sexy somehow.  

Lady Midori

Thranduil_of_Greenwood

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:06 pm
Hey! Werewolves can be sexy too! *Poses* WereThran is stylin'.

I go with Werewolves, someone's gotta. There's something about them, generally Vampires had more choice to become Vampire then a Werewolf did to become a Werewolf. Vampires can pass off as humans, they can keep their lives they had if they desire. Werewolves have no control over the change or themselves after the change, they cannot hide what they are and their former lives are destroyed, they are cast out by society.

I like the more tragic element to them. I honestly see them as less of monsters then Vampires though the look more like beasts. A Vampire is in general control of their actions and what they do. Werewolves change, wake up the next morning and have no clue what they did, it's this bittersweet idea to me of someone who got attacked and then regrets their existence killing people. If you think about it, it must be such a sad lonely existence.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:48 pm
It totally depends on which myth you're talking about.
Ex.: If you talk to me about Underworld's vamps and wolves, I'd rather be the Vamp. What with the classy way they live and how they are on top and all.

But if you talk to me about Stephenie Meyer's myth, I would much rather be a werewolf. To me being able to still be mortal but still having wicked powers is very appealing to me. The mind meld thing isn't but the alive and still some what human part is.
Don't get me wrong the vampires are very, very suductive too but I would much rather be alive then eternally inbetween, plus with being a werewolf, no blood lust and worring about turning on your friends or love.  

kanani_star

The_Weasle_Runs_Rampant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:59 am
kanani_star
Ex.: If you talk to me about Underworld's vamps and wolves, I'd rather be the Vamp. What with the classy way they live and how they are on top and all.

But if you talk to me about Stephenie Meyer's myth, I would much rather be a werewolf. To me being able to still be mortal but still having wicked powers is very appealing to me. The mind meld thing isn't but the alive and still some what human part is.
Don't get me wrong the vampires are very, very suductive too but I would much rather be alive then eternally inbetween, plus with being a werewolf, no blood lust and worring about turning on your friends or love.

User Imageso your on team werewolf?!? I do not like Jacob. He's horrible. He had to go and mess everything up! Now bella is sad and I'ts all his fault! she could have been way happier if he didn't do what he did, but noooo he thought it would make a differance! ya right! In his dreams. And if he had won (god forbid) he would have just inprinted after awhile and left her alone! He wouldn't of had a choice.User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:12 am
Thranduil_of_Greenwood
Hey! Werewolves can be sexy too! *Poses* WereThran is stylin'.

I go with Werewolves, someone's gotta. There's something about them, generally Vampires had more choice to become Vampire then a Werewolf did to become a Werewolf. Vampires can pass off as humans, they can keep their lives they had if they. Werewolves have no control over the change or themselves after the change, they cannot hide what they are and their former lives are destroyed, they are cast out by society.

I like the more tragic element to them. I honestly see them as less of monsters then Vampires though the look more like beasts. A Vampire is in general control of their actions and what they do. Werewolves change, wake up the next morning and have no clue what they did, it's this bittersweet idea to me of someone who got attacked and then regrets their existence killing people. If you think about it, it must be such a sad lonely existence.

User ImageNot without eating everyone!!!
It depends on which myth your talking about.
Not really... I bet a lot of vampires would rather have died then to go through all this crap. In most of the books about vampires that I've read thats the case.
It all depends on your myth. And some vampires do regret killing all those people. Yah, some don't, but some werewolves don't either.
Uh, yah! Ever think it might be like that for the vampires too?User Image  

The_Weasle_Runs_Rampant

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:02 pm
I was going to say vampires were sexy too, but I didn’t want to be the first xd

Also, about the romeo/juliet - Underworld is just the thing you're looking for! ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:06 pm
~Arabella Strange~
I was going to say vampires were sexy too, but I didn’t want to be the first xd

Also, about the romeo/juliet - Underworld is just the thing you're looking for! ^_^

User ImageOf course vampires are sexy! I think no one said it because it was obvious.User Image  

The_Weasle_Runs_Rampant

kanani_star

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:00 pm
The_Weasle_Runs_Rampant
kanani_star

User Imageso your on team werewolf?!? I do not like Jacob. He's horrible. He had to go and mess everything up! Now bella is sad and I'ts all his fault! she could have been way happier if he didn't do what he did, but noooo he thought it would make a differance! ya right! In his dreams. And if he had won (god forbid) he would have just inprinted after awhile and left her alone! He wouldn't of had a choice.User Image

Yes I do believe that's what I said, though if you had paid attention you would note I'm on both teams.
How do you know he hasn't already imprinted on Bella, hum? Why else would he fight so hard for her?
Please don't kill me for this one but...
I think Jacob is better for her. I don't find him to be the abusive boyfriend that Edward tends to be.
Now before you slaughter me for saying that, just look at all Edward does and go look up the symptoms of having an abusive boyfriend, you'll find that sometimes, and a lot in Eclipse, the two over lap. Though I do waver on him being abusive at the end of the book, so don't kill me!  
dead threads - do not post

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff