Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Favorite Yarns Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What's your fav yarn?
  Wool. (I want herd of sheep!)
  Alpaca (The Hills are alive with the stuff)
  Cotton (What else comes from the south that is this good?)
  Acrylic (It will last forever!!!!!!!)
  Silk (I love the finer things in life.)
  Other (You would not believe what is out there and how good it is!)
View Results

AccentualWolf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:02 pm
Ok all you knitters!!!!!!!! I know you have a fav yarn out there. Whether it be just a type or brand you know you have a prefrence. Shout it out and tell us why you have the LUV for the woolie or not so woolie stuff. ALPACA RULES!!!!!!! heart heart heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:55 pm
Misti Alpaca Suri Silk. It's like butter. heart

I also like Koigu and Malabrigo a lot. 3nodding  

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Pirate Dirge

Hygge Agenda

44,725 Points
  • My Feminist Agenda 500
  • Cozy Life 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:45 pm
Malabrigo. <3

Also a fan of Dream in Color's Classy. (I think that's the worsted weight)  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:59 pm
I like Cascade 220, so many pretty colors. And Rowan Kidsilk Haze. Haze is expensive though. I will raise goats someday, and I will make my own baby goat fur yarn!

I've never seen Malabrigo in real life, but all the pictures of it look so lovely... emo

S. Shark

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:31 pm
I'm a crocheter but I thought I'd post here anyway. I like different yarns for different projects.
I make toys and baby stuff out of acrylic because it's easy to wash and babies are messy.
I made a shawl(for myself) out of wool and it's wonderfully warm.
I use cotton thread to make pet toys because acrylic will cause blockages in the digestive tract if it is ingested.

There are alpaca farms in this area and I've heard there's a farm store around here somewhere that sells yarn and items made from alpaca fiber. I'd love to make something out of alpaca, perhaps a hat for the walk home from work.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:25 pm
I really like the things Cascade makes.  

Lee Kushrenada

Rune and Raccoon

Questionable Cutesmasher

12,750 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:06 am
Alpaca makes me swoon although I am quite partial to wool as well. I love the smell of lanolin!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:33 pm
im in love with uraguay, its a wool/merino mix and it feels like, i dont know, a cloud? only it be a very soft warm cloud  

augusteir

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:51 pm
I love Lorna's Laces. I also like a lot of indie places like Sunshine Farms, Fearless Fibers, and MacKintosh Yarns. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:19 pm
I like Opal sock yarn, and anything made from merino wool at knitpicks  

KingToon

sonicrunner001

Fashionable Friend

9,025 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:11 pm
My fav is.........

Red Heart Acrylic........Then agian, I have not been doing yarn crafts for long. I claim Crochet as my forte, but I am now just considering myself a knitter. Speaking of crochet. I like to use cotton yarn to crohook washclothes. I also like to crochet and felt wool yarn.

I also like cheap mid-high quality yarns!!!!!!

(but I despise sport or smaller yarns. (especially lace string)  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:11 am
Hmmm... dishcloth cotton for dishcloths (nothing else works)... and probably Baby Ull after that- it has to be knit on teeny weeny little itty bitty size 2 needles to look like anything other than a fishnet, but it's really soft and pretty- and comes in so many bright colors...
For sweaters and stuff, I usually make them out of Lambs Pride. It knits nicely and again, good color selection.  

Blue-eyes-green

AriRashkae

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:40 pm
I need to try Webs' new lines, only because they're named after local towns.

Right now I like working with almost anything, but I really want to get my hands on some of KnitPick's Suri Dream. emotion_drool  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:28 pm
My favorite is the simple and straightforward Lamb's Pride (85&#xwo;ol, 15% mohair) by Brown Sheep.

I also am in love with Classic Elite Inca Alpaca and Alacama Alpaca; and the Maons del Uruguay wools are absolutely gorgeous.

I tend to be an equal opportunity shopper... a little bit of this, a little bit of that; but I prefer natural fibers to man mades  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

Keiyla

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:12 pm
It really depends on what I'm making.

I love alpaca for knitting slippers, and wool for socks, hats, or small projects. Expensive natural fibers go a longer way with knitting than crochet.

For larger projects like afghans, I like to crochet with acrylics, since it's cheaper and will wash better, particularly if it's baby or kid stuff that will get spat upon. I crochet with it since it takes 3x as much yarn as knitting, and will work up faster.  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff