Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Extended Discussion
The cycle of life...clock thoery??? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The clock theory -we have issue's but they get corrected but then it happens again- True or false?
True
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
False
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
HERITIC!! YOUR A RAVING LOONEY!!!!!!!!
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9

Dameon the -V-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:06 pm
Yay time for a new and exciting debate!!!
I apologize ahead of times when I type out these I kind of just keep typing and typing and typing and typing until I cant stand it and I post it and run away from my computer.

So the topic this time is the life cycle

Today because I felt sick I got called off school and stared at the clock for some time because our internet is down and I dont have any video game consoles and read all my books. But while I was staring at the clock I noticed something about it life seems to follow a sort of rhythmic ticking like that of a clock, It might just be in our nature to try and re-create things that will ultimately be important or at least we'll think of them as important. But I was sitting there and I ended up drawing the clock in itself and then I thought to maybe add the seasons to the pictuere at maybe 3 hour intervals (like from 12 to 3 spring 3 to 6 summer you get the idea.) But then I got bored of it and started reading my history of mankind book...yes it does exist (biggest waste of 23.50 ever!) but in it I read about how we thought we could conquer the new world, in a sense we ended up conquering it. Then we thought we could conquer The west, we ended up doing that. Then we thought we could try and conquer mexico, which in a way we didnt but we still have a tad bit of control over. but still we did those actions over and over then I started reading my chemistry book. When chemist come up with new idea's where do there base's come from? the past of course! but they still came from a prior idea meaning that we're cycling the same experiments with newer technology so I thought of the world in that of a clock. I got bored of thinking (around 11 a.m. (strated at maybe 9:45ish XD)) so I started watching the matrix which is a totally inprobable, inplausible, dis-regardable theory because eventually the rest of the populace would notice unless it didnt want too (<---TOPIC SPARK!!! (
maybe someone could use it?)) but the idea of a different zion for every generation and yet nobody new about it like a system update on a computer everything was righted but there were still new bugs caused by a new source. Then the all-mighty nuisance which I call my brain started thinking about the clock theory and pictured man-kind as the clock. Its 2007 but when jesus was born it was 6 B.C. but when jesus was around it was the same world we see but through different eye's and before that the world was going through catastrophe's and disease and plague and it sort of righted itself with jesus. First off im agnostic but if you think about it with the appearance of jesus (wether or not he was gods son) the system righted itself. When are we due for another right? If the clock theory is correct at what position are we? but it made sense to me how the theory was sound (Flawed) but a sound theory.

Also to spark it off with the righting of those wrongs a new and bigger one will come in its proceedings only yet a small problem but it will grow. Enter snowball theory but ill save that for another day.... But the new evil will arise but its allways using the same methods but with different technology...

ok im gunna stop typing because I have been typing this for about 15 minutes and its really really long and its just me rambling on a hair brain theory...

oh well you guys can make fun of me for this cause I know my friends will if I tell them lol

Soooo just leave some comments and stuff I guess...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:46 pm
mrgreen ooh~! something new! :3

Okey dokey~ i understand what you mean. 3nodding

I think that this 'repeating' nature is based in nature itself---we always go back to the past eventually. I mean, you were right in comparing it to nature---

spring begets summer begets fall begets winter. its all a pattern, now where did it all originate from, is a mystery. But it always happens.

we sleep then awake, then do something, then sleep then awaken. unless you die...heh heh sweatdrop But then when you die, someone in the world is being born at that same moment. its continuous ^^ and never ending...  

scintillio

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:28 pm
Ah, yes, but as mankind has some tendencies, some patterns, there are also spontaneous poeple who add an element of chaos in this world, and events of our own choosing to break these patterns and form new ones, like moving to a new town, or starting a relationship. Also, when two people's life patterns collide, patterns conflict, and either new ones are formed, or the old ones are shattered, the relationship broken, and the persons involved left to pick up the pieces.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:53 pm
Mobius Nightshade
Ah, yes, but as mankind has some tendencies, some patterns, there are also spontaneous poeple who add an element of chaos in this world, and events of our own choosing to break these patterns and form new ones, like moving to a new town, or starting a relationship. Also, when two people's life patterns collide, patterns conflict, and either new ones are formed, or the old ones are shattered, the relationship broken, and the persons involved left to pick up the pieces.

3nodding huhu! that is true---but cant that as well be a pattern? some people fall in and out of relationships, thus making their own pattern.

But i do like your example of new patterns coming together...that definitely makes sense. 3nodding  

scintillio

Bellabie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:41 pm
Hm...
It is my personal thought that history is not doomed to repeat, but the people who live it are. I sort of wish that we could be more efficient nd take advice and advance, but I am a hypocrite to say so. (I am awful at following even my own advice.)
I believe that, in a Jungian sense, there are actions and reactions that are bound within us that take place creating the echo throughout ages...
Perhaps I do not answer the topic question properly. I had a bit of trouble understanding it.
sweatdrop
b  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:44 pm
I understand your theory, and it is quite plausible considering nature and all humankind can do to explain it.

Sort of like how the United States balances Republican and Democrat power based on exactly what the country needs. When time is due for a Republican, one comes into power. People generally vote by party lines, but somehow it switches off every decade to the need of the country.

That's different than your theory, and might not make sense in this thread, but I think of that as a clock, too.

You know, there are a lot of stuff that could possibly correlate with clock-based thinking.  

carry on wayward daughter

Dapper Werewolf

Bellabie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:35 pm
The rising and falling of political and otherwise tides...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:05 pm
I agree with Mobius. Also, Carlos Mencia (Comedian, yet serious on this) said this:

"It's always the quiet ones that snap."

This can mean a multitude of things, here it would mean that the ones who are more withdrawn will most likely take a turn and suddenly be spontaneous, avoiding the normal, trying to be crazy. I myself am a very good example. I used to be so withdrawn- Try to get me to talk and I would just walk away. Now, it's just listen or get away.  

Demonic Repentance

scintillio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:49 am
Kilikrox
I agree with Mobius. Also, Carlos Mencia (Comedian, yet serious on this) said this:

"It's always the quiet ones that snap."

This can mean a multitude of things, here it would mean that the ones who are more withdrawn will most likely take a turn and suddenly be spontaneous, avoiding the normal, trying to be crazy. I myself am a very good example. I used to be so withdrawn- Try to get me to talk and I would just walk away. Now, it's just listen or get away.

lol im quite quiet and shy---but im stable. >,> i dont try to be 'unpredictable' until i know you. and even still---im quite sane. sweatdrop i understand what you mean, but i have to stand up for those of us who are quiet, and are very sane 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:30 pm
well that was a bit off topic lol

carlos mencia in a serious debate?!
SHAME ON YOU!!!!!

lol no prob mate its just I dont have cable sad

But I expanded on this theory and turned it into my teacher and he brought it to his profesor but I hope he doesnt claim itas his own  

Dameon the -V-

scintillio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:04 pm
Dammie-kins
well that was a bit off topic lol

carlos mencia in a serious debate?!
SHAME ON YOU!!!!!

lol no prob mate its just I dont have cable sad

But I expanded on this theory and turned it into my teacher and he brought it to his profesor but I hope he doesnt claim itas his own

i hope not either---

emo its so hard to stay on topic sometimes...but i had to say that. Now, back on corse! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:00 pm
Also, I didn't say they ALWAYS did, but still, they have a better chance. I mean, you can have jokes you're too shy to share, things you don't want to talk about for fear of being too random... Well, for me, everything just burst out.

**EDIT**Also, things you find interesting but don't know if anyone else will criticize you for it, interests that stray from the normal... I have personally had all of these.  

Demonic Repentance

Bellabie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:14 pm
Dammie-kins

Lovely!
I hope that it goes far. Perhaps you'll get an internship?
Keep at it, my friend. You're thoughts are quite worthwhile.
heart
b  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:59 pm
Kilikrox
Also, I didn't say they ALWAYS did, but still, they have a better chance. I mean, you can have jokes you're too shy to share, things you don't want to talk about for fear of being too random... Well, for me, everything just burst out.

**EDIT**Also, things you find interesting but don't know if anyone else will criticize you for it, interests that stray from the normal... I have personally had all of these.

ah, ok---i sorta misunderstood and got insulted sweatdrop im sorry~ *hugs*  

scintillio

Demonic Repentance

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:55 am
*HISS!!!*  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items