Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
How many hours to you sleep? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How many hours a night do you sleep?
  Less than 4
  4 to 6
  6 to 8
  8 to 10
  Over 10
View Results

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:33 am
I was thinking, most crafts I don't have enough time to do, I barely plan for them and never really get them started.
But then I was thinking that if I didn't spend so damn many hours of the day sleeping then I wouldn't have this problem.
Then I wondered how many craftaholics are just insomniacs needing something to do.
I don't think I have really had enough time to do any kind of decent craft since I started working full time like a year ago.

So how many hours a night do you sleep?
and how many hours a week do you work at jobs/school?
And how many hours do you find left over to dedicate to craft of choice?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:52 am
i hate my dependency on sleep. If not for that i might be able to get a fair amount of work done!! I tend to sleep 7.5-9 hrs on average.

imaginary people

selenitrope

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:09 am
I tend to have pretty bad insomnia problems. Though crocheting is part of the problem, since once I start something I hate to leave it until I'm finished. Anyways, I usually go to sleep between 11:00 PM and 2:00 AM, get up at 6:20 on school days. Soo, I usually get about 7 hours on a good day. Go me.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:02 pm
i normally get somewhere between 5 and 10 hours of sleep, with my crafting filling in when i can't get to sleep and the boring parts of the day.  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:24 pm
If I don't get at least 8 I am crabby to the max; though oftentimes I can live on 7. no less. 9 is my preferred.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:33 pm
I used to be able to function on almost no sleep (3.5-4 hours a night) These days, if I get less then 7, you may as well not deem me as awake, I'm pretty useless. Most nights, I get about 8 these days.

I do most of my crafting when my son is napping during the day or as a wind down at night.  

Pirate Dirge

Hygge Agenda

44,725 Points
  • My Feminist Agenda 500
  • Cozy Life 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Sugar Bandit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:33 pm
I usually sleep between 6-8 hours on the weekdays, and probably 7-9 on the weekends.
But with school in, I hardly have time to knit or crochet anything! crying
Besides... I don't have any idea what to knit or crochet anyway... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:49 am
I usually get 7 hours on weekdays, and 9 on weekends.

And I knit all the time. It has nothing to do with sleeplessness.  

knitting_needle_ninja

wynter_myst

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:09 pm
I suffer from pretty bad insomnia so I'm lucky if I manage to get around 6 hours of sleep every night.
But because I only do 14 hours a week of classes and I live near my uni, I have a lot of free time.
I only spend an hour or two a day on knitting though. My rationale is that if I use up my yarn slower, then I don't need to face the terror of bargaining in Korean.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:41 am
I usually get to bed by 10, and the alarm goes off at 6. I have been known to shut it off, and wait for the 6:30 and 7 alarms (yes, I have 3 sweatdrop ).

I don't get much dedicated crafting time, because of my grandmother and the kids, so my projects tend to stay simple. The front of my husband's sweater is waiting downstairs by the bed, since that's simple stockinette, and I have Galway Paint OnTN, to be knit and felted into a Möebius bowl. Any complicated patterns will have to wait until the little one gets to school (in 3 years gonk )  

AriRashkae

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:08 am
I sleep anywhere from 5 to 10 hours a night. Ten is better for me though, I'm getting old and need more sleep these days. I sometimes suffer from bouts of "almost insomnia" where I can't sleep more than 4 or 5 hours a night for a few nights in a row. I feel like a zombie when that happens.
I work about 20 hours a week as a pool attendant at a semi-private pool. My commute time is about 10 minutes.
I've just recently started a project after not being able to figure out what I wanted to make for months. We moved in at the end of June and a lot of our stuff is still in boxes. The new house has almost no storage space so there's really no place to unpack most of the boxes that are left. sad  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:00 pm
I sleep 6-7 hours a day, and I spent about 4 hours a day at school. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, most of that time is not spent in a classroom, but hanging around and waiting for my ride to finish class. I prefer to spend that time reading, since I worry that any knitting projects I bring with will bounce off the needles in my backpack.

Homework is surprisingly light this semester, so I have a lot of free time to do whatever crafts I want to do. And I am certainly doing a lot! I finished up a couple WIPs, have most of a new project finished, and I've already spun nearly four skeins of yarn with the wheel I bought last month, two of which were from fiber I dyed myself. I've been super productive, to the point where it's starting to wear me out.

I don't work, since I'm not willing to put in a lot of time for that. I wouldn't mind doing a little something to earn some money, but I wouldn't want to pick up anything that would require more than 15 hours a week. Try finding that in this area. sweatdrop  

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Little Skana

Flip-Flopper

44,900 Points
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:26 pm
7 to 8 hours a night. I craft when I have nothing else to do  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:45 pm
4-6, depending on when I get home and how much of an insomniac I am at the moment. I craft whenever I can, usually during our (very slow) D&D sessions.  

ladyleprechaun13

Aki Yasu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:59 pm
I get about 5 hours of sleep per night, I work from 3:00 am to 12:30 and I go to school on tusdays and thursdays. I do all my knitting on my breaks, inbetween my classes, and when I should be sleeping. And my doctor wonders why I'm always suffering from sleep deprivation!

Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff