Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
EV training?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

snak3Gurl89

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:12 am
A lot of people are telling me to EV train my pokemon, I kind of know what it is....but I am still lost on what i do to EV train, I would like to try I have some pokemon that are decently strong but i would like to give them a boost.

so if someone would be kind enough to explain in detail what i do i would be eternally greatful

Malia Valentine 4laugh  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:45 am
It's a lot of information, and will take you a while to master. Regardless, here's a quick guide I found online:

http://forums.narutofan.com/showthread.php?t=232951  

nitnit
Captain

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:46 am
In short, battle other pokemon. In detail...

Ev's are the hidden stats that physically affect a pokemon's stats by battling other pokemon. Each pokemon that is fought (not necessarily defeated), will give you 1-3 Ev's. There is 510 ev's and you can only have half of that total in one stat at one time.

There are also items that help increase, multiply or subtract the amount of evs you can get at one time, being Pokerus and the Macho brace (which multiply the number of evs by 2.) and any of the power items from the battle tower will add +4 into the particular stat that it is associated with. These are all stackable by the way. The berrys that raise a pokemon's happiness are unique in the fact that they subtract 10 ev's from the stat that the berry is associated with.
This chart should help you figure out how many Ev's a pokemon will give:

Ev's Chart

Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces