Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
Help...Me...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

It makes me want to...
  cry.
  poke my eyes out with a blunt object.
  cover my eyes and run away.
  smile.
View Results

Fuku Taichou

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:55 pm
I've been fortunate enough to have not run into too many people with horrible grammar. Some people do make spelling errors and things like that, but I can tell they're actually trying to speakuse English to the best of their abilities. I just came across one person who has really irritated me with her typing. I don't really want to name names since I feel that's a bit overboard, but it's driving me crazy, and I just had to vent, share, and horrify you all. blaugh

Here is an example: "OMG MA NAM£ IS ____ ND I AM LYK SOOO LYK RAWR !!!" (I left out the name for privacy reasons.)

"LYSM PPL !!!" AAAAAAH...

It's really frustrating and I've never even talked to the girl!!! What makes it worse is that she doesn't seem to be a very nice person since she seems to be harassing someone about being German... Referring to Nazis and stupid stuff like that. So sadly, that makes me dislike her even more. I hate to judge people before I even know them, but this really doesn't leave me with a good first impression. neutral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:09 pm
That is a true horror story. Just reading that makes me want to die.  

Abnormal Munchkin

Natsuri

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:35 pm
{Losing faith in humanity...}

Hard to believe, but I used to think humankind is good in nature. Time and again, I was proved wrong.

That's why I went sadistic.

{One person at a time.}

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:33 pm
User Image

gonk That's terrible. Just who would want to type like that and lower the I.Q. of every human being around them? Seriously, who?

User Image

Miss Krigg

P A N T 0 M ii M Exx

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:08 pm
Wow, Sometimes this stuff just makes me think, "Now what grade are you in?" Its sad, really.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:03 pm
Hahaha, that's amazing! I didn't know a monkey could type! rofl  

Nicholas Kaze

Friendly Prophet

16,625 Points
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Gaian 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Natsuri

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:59 pm
Nicholas Kaze
Hahaha, that's amazing! I didn't know a monkey could type! rofl

Yeah, they're a valuable asset in today's corporate operations. ::coughs::4kids::coughs:: Even a mentally-retarded numnut can be accepted into the exciting field of scriptwriting, plotmaking, and assistant secretary.

Case in point, have him/her apply for a job at 4Kids Entertainment. Ten Gold says she gets the job. wink  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:24 pm
Completely and utterly horrifying. Even though I am decent at deciphering this stuff, that is completely below me. Translation, please?  

Katurrah

Farrago

Proxy Codger

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:22 am
And exactly what language is this person pretending to speak type? This is too scary for English, too hard to understand for French, not enough accent marks for Spanish, and too IQ-dropping for Latin... I'm guessing Pre-Paleolithic era...? No... this is too dense for even that...  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:35 am
I will attempt to translate this horrifyingly scary message.

Quote:
OMG MA NAM£ IS ____ ND I AM LYK SOOO LYK RAWR !!!"

"LYSM PPL !!!

Quote:
Oh, my gosh; my name is ____ and I am, like, so, like, rawr!

Love you so much, people!

1. 'Rawr' isn't an adjective, mush less a real word... eek

2. Nobody knows what 'lysm' means... Well, I didn't... I had to look it up... D:

3. What's so 'omg' about telling people what one's name is?

4. Using the pound symbol (£) doesn't count as an 'E.'

5. What is 'like' supposed to mean?  

Farrago

Proxy Codger

"TXT TLK" horror stories

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out