Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.
Fall In Love Like A Comic

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you get FILLAC?
  Yes it rocks!!
  No... the story seemed too cliche.
  Maybe....
View Results

AAR_fanatic_15

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:59 pm
User Image
1 :: Story
2 :: Creator
3 :: Volumes

Original Post
I recently got this series after reading the first chapter in SB.
I just finished it and I think that the story is a little weak.
Its just wayyy too typical.
What I want to know is what you thought about this manga and see if your reactions were different than mine.
If there are going to be spoilers then please let it be known to others that have not read this series yet but are possibly going to.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:12 am
Story

Rena Sakura is a high school student with a secret: she's a professional mangaka. And although she's never been on a date, that doesn't stop her from drawing steamy shojo scenes for Cha❤mi magazine. But when the gorgeous Tomoya Okita finds out her secret, she finds herself asking him out to get some real-life experience in love!

Original Post
I read the chapter in SB, it's cute but I didn't feel like I really had to read more of it.

Seems typical, yea. Although the art is cute, but that's about it.. I guess.

I Am Hello Kitty -tu_ut-

Rune WolfHaven

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:26 pm
Creator

Chitose Yagami was born on May 18. Her hometown is Nagoya, in Aichi prefecture. Chitose's manga debut was in 2001 with Magical Project. Her favorite beverages are coffee and tea, and she likes drawing. Her other works include Boku no Platinum Lady (My Platinum Lady), Kiss Kiss, and Ikenai Navigation (Naughty Navigation).

Original Post
I like cliche...

I haven't gotten the manga, but I do want to. It looked like something I really would like to read. I like those kinds of stories. It might mean I'm a loser, but...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:38 pm
Volumes
Status in Japan :: complete at 2 volumes
Status in US :: 2/2 released

User Image
Volume 1
Rena asks Tomoya to be her boyfriend, hoping that gaining some experience in dating will help her improve her manga. Rena is positive that Tomoya is only dating her to help her out, but that doesn't stop her from falling in love...

User Image
Volume 2
Rena goes on vacation with Tomoya, hoping their trip will be a romantic getaway. She wants to further their relationship, but does Tomoya want the same thing?

Quote:
It is a little cliche, but it's very cute and I like it! You should read the manga. smile

Ophelianime

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Rune WolfHaven

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:00 pm
EDIT

Yay, I got it!!

And I fell in LOVE with it!

It's so cute, so fluffy, so sweet, so romantic and Tomoya is such the ideal boyfriend. I just can't wait until the next manga volume!!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:09 pm
The beauty of cliches is that they make the best short series, otherwise it feels like it ends way too early and you don't even know what the heck happened. FILLAC is a great series to take with you while traveling, or to read through fast while on the toilet. Every girl (or shojo-loving guy) should shell-out $20 and buy both books.  

Sozomi

protecterofelements

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:00 pm
even though the story was cliched i thought that it was really sweet, they could have done more but i was glad with how the whole series turned out in the end  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:22 pm
The ending was way too fast, and it was very typical fairytale...but I like how they got together, and Tomoya was a really good example of a perfect manga man.  

babyteiz

.: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games