Reply Adult Furries Guild
Gaia Cash Shop Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:15 pm
Well, I had a feeling it was coming myself. Personally I am all for it, though I know many will complain about the fact that those able to pay will be at an advantage while the rest must spend their gold. Thing about that, those that use gold may have to wait longer but they are essentially getting the items for free while those that make them available to everyone else are the ones actually spending cash.

It balances itself out. What I am really curious about are these evolving items they speak of. Sounds really neat.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:29 pm
I hope that you're able to keep the jar after the monster comes out of it. I'm one of those kids that liked cardboard boxes more than toys, y'know?  

FogSage

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:46 pm
Well I'm excited about the items, but not sure how excited I am about the method they are being released. Would have loved to have seen such an item update for Gaia quests versus just another real life cash store. I guess this way there will be instant gratification though.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:07 pm
I like the idea, course now I have a job and money coming in. If I didn't, I might not like it as much.  

Eddily

Rastiel

5,050 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:01 pm
Oh, so these items will be for cash only? I thought they meant GaiaCash. Unless they mean both? This is so confusing....although the way they phrased it makes it seem as if they'll only be accepting US Dollars for these items.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:06 pm
CoffeeFox
Oh, so these items will be for cash only? I thought they meant GaiaCash. Unless they mean both? This is so confusing....although the way they phrased it makes it seem as if they'll only be accepting US Dollars for these items.

The only way to get Gaia Cash is to spend real life money to buy it. That's why those items are essentially cash only. Just like the Thank You letters.

Personally, I made a pledge about two months ago to boycott all the real cash scemes that Gaia came up with, from the Letters to the Cash to the downloads and so on. If they are going to cahrge me 2% on every transaction in the marketplace, they can use that "tax" to pay for their server space and their employees. So I won't be buying anything from them, either cards, letters, or items.

I'll just wait until someone sells it in the marketplace and I'll buy it with my gold.  

Daven Moto

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:42 pm
They cannot pay for things in the real world with Gaia Gold. sweatdrop Besides, buying things from NPC's and that 2% tax literally erases gold from the player market.

Gaia has always had a bit of RPGMMO element to its setup. Going along the lines of many download MMO's you come across it has always been free to access with items one had to seek out and even work towards. Much like some MMO's they eventually added a donation system that would allow users to get exclusive items that could be put on the player market so would be accessible to all, even if in limited numbers.

The current trend of MMO's has shifted again and instead of having limited donation items they are more and more starting to implement cash shops. This is why I was not surprised at all that Gaia has decided to open their own cash shop since they tend to fallow these trends.

While it is perfectly understandable that not everyone, even those with the means, will want to spend real money on digital items please do keep in mind that if some of did not do it than you yourself would not have the chance to get the items at all. As well, if they were only bought in small numbers the market price would be so high only the wealthiest players could afford them, just as we say when Kaya first came out.

For as long as I can remember I have been an item junkie. sweatdrop You would be very surprised to find out how much I have paid in real cash to get a hold of items in various games, including Gaia. One of my friends is even worse than I am.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:55 pm
Diana Vulpes

For as long as I can remember I have been an item junkie. sweatdrop You would be very surprised to find out how much I have paid in real cash to get a hold of items in various games, including Gaia. One of my friends is even worse than I am.
Don't forget to add in that your one of the sweetiest item junkie's around. Always giving such great deals on items to other's who can't afford to buy with cash, not to mention donating to others and sponsering contests and running such things as the birthday thread. 4laugh heart  

Krissim Klaw

Rastiel

5,050 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:56 pm
I don't mind a bit paying money for digital items. I've been doing it for two years, and it makes me happy, so why not?

As far as these items are concerned, many of them are going to be cheap, and some of the fancier ones will be expensive, about two and a half dollars or more. So long as the items don't exceed seven dollars, I'll buy whatever they can throw at me.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:01 pm
Oh, i agree. And I have donated and bought with real cash in the past.

(The "pay them with gaia gold" was a sarcastic comment)

Sorry, I"ve been against the tax for some time, and there are numerous reasons which have been hashed out repeatedly. I came up with the idea of a boycott to prove that those of us objecting were some of the same ones paying to play here (I spent an average of $50 per month on letters and cash, and I knew of people who were paying $500-$1000 per month) who were against the tax. If this place is about us, that's a way to show it.

I'm fine with exclusive items, and I'm willing to pay for them. I just won't until that stupid tax is gone.  

Daven Moto

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:06 pm
I like to share the wealth. razz But sadly I came close to be in the negative after some expenses in the past couple months. sweatdrop My dept is payed off so I can start saving money again, but I am still seeing my chiropractor so not much of my monthly pay is left over with that extra bill. With Christmas coming and a trip planed in February I have some heavy saving I need to be doing, which is not easy at all. gonk

Again I am plagued with games and electronics that are coming out that I want to get, takes a lot of will power to not go and get them. I remember there was once a time I swore such things off for more than a year and was able to save up quite a bit, but in this last year I have really been splurging like I use to and it is hard to get myself back into the habit of saving money. sweatdrop

On top of that I still have plans to get a new phone and laptop next year, as well as I would much like to get a new portable media player with in that time. *suddenly have Material Girl playing in head* Oy! It is nice to have money to get the things I want it life, but there are times I regret my spending habits when more important things in life pop up. Also why I both hate and love the fact I don't have a credit card. Having one sure would help me get the things I want in life sooner and help out in those critical times in life, but owning one would also mean living in perpetual dept. Very paradoxical.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:13 pm
Daven Moto
Oh, i agree. And I have donated and bought with real cash in the past.

(The "pay them with gaia gold" was a sarcastic comment)

Sorry, I"ve been against the tax for some time, and there are numerous reasons which have been hashed out repeatedly. I came up with the idea of a boycott to prove that those of us objecting were some of the same ones paying to play here (I spent an average of $50 per month on letters and cash, and I knew of people who were paying $500-$1000 per month) who were against the tax. If this place is about us, that's a way to show it.

I'm fine with exclusive items, and I'm willing to pay for them. I just won't until that stupid tax is gone.

I am not against the tax, I understand their reasoning for implementing it. Sadly it is just too little too late to make much of a difference. The tax is something that should have been there form the beginning, adding it now is just causing turmoil amongst the user base. In any case it is something people will get use to and the chaos it created will settle back down. Unfortunatly it will never achieve its intended goal because once the market adapts to the tax prices will just start to inflate once again. Using this method the only way to keep prices down is to constantly raise the tax as inflation goes up.

Possibly a better way for them to balance out the market place would be to create more gold sinks and stop creating new ways for people to make gold outside the market. Honestly, it is all the games on Gaia that have caused inflation to become so bad, it caused a flood of gold which lowered its over all value.

Selene Aries

TheKidiKehT

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:55 am
I like the idea of this Gaia Cash Shop. But it sucks that I don't have a job and have no guarantee of getting the job I applied for and got interviewed for recently. And even if I get my possible job. I won't be able to get anything from this new shop anyhow because I have things I NEED to buy before anything. And there are a lot of things I need to get. So I like it, but it mostly makes me sad because a lot of the people I know, including my mate, will be able to have access to the items in the store while I will not for quite a while...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:06 am
CURSES!!! to the US-centric company and empire of Gaia!!!!  

BlueytheDingo

Salen-Stormwing

Fashionable Protagonist

25,515 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Lapin Patrol Kastra: Victory! 250
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:16 am
It could be interesting. I hope not all the items are freakingly hugely expensive though. Have to wait and see I suppose.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff