Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Re: Ron Paul Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pay Per Cuts

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:11 pm
Replying to Death's post in that Ron Paul thread, since it was so dumb I couldn't leave it alone. And I'm not PMing it so others can discuss politics and such.

Deathguiser
i am saying, what is the use in complaining about the war in Iraq hen they can't do s**t about it? What is he going to do, pull the mout of there, and let that country just get taken over by some other crazy a*****e who will eventually attack us? And yes, I can complain about this, since this is COMPLETEly unrelated, and I am suprised I havn't complained about the spam rule yet, since it is a very stupid rule, since most topics from now on will having nothing to do with this guild, basically killing its purpose. Political views should be kept to yourself, especially in a guild where at least 60% of the people in it are under the age of 18 smart ones.

Are you stupid? By showing that he is against the war, if he becomes president, he will pull our troops out of Iraq. Others, who are against the war would then vote for him because he can end it if he becomes president!

So you just assume that it will be taken over again by some crazy guy? Well let's just invade every other 3rd world country to make sure it doesn't get taken over by some crazy a*****e. Do you know the point of terrorism? It's to TERRORIZE citizens, therefore, the terrorists have completely achieved their goal by scaring the s**t out of people like you.

Did you know that almost half of the attackers in 9/11 were from afghanistan? So why aren't we in there? Did you know humanitarian issues in iraq have actually gotten WORSE, since we INVADED. We can spend the money that we would have used in iraq (so far 300 billion) to further secure our country to prevent another attack. Oh and they have no nuclear weapons like bush has led us to believe.

Oh right Jon's spam thread was bad because it was COMPLETELY unrelated to pokemon. Unlike all those others: "You laugh you loose" "Re" "It's my birthday today!" "Favorite Movie and Movie Quotes Thread [wOOtforspam]" "Sonic = Brawl (Spammerific!)"

rolleyes  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:15 pm
Pay Per Cuts
Replying to Death's post in that Ron Paul thread, since it was so dumb I couldn't leave it alone. And I'm not PMing it so others can discuss politics and such.

Deathguiser
i am saying, what is the use in complaining about the war in Iraq hen they can't do s**t about it? What is he going to do, pull the mout of there, and let that country just get taken over by some other crazy a*****e who will eventually attack us? And yes, I can complain about this, since this is COMPLETEly unrelated, and I am suprised I havn't complained about the spam rule yet, since it is a very stupid rule, since most topics from now on will having nothing to do with this guild, basically killing its purpose. Political views should be kept to yourself, especially in a guild where at least 60% of the people in it are under the age of 18 smart ones.

Are you stupid? By showing that he is against the war, if he becomes president, he will pull our troops out of Iraq. Others, who are against the war would then vote for him because he can end it if he becomes president!

So you just assume that it will be taken over again by some crazy guy? Well let's just invade every other 3rd world country to make sure it doesn't get taken over by some crazy a*****e. Do you know the point of terrorism? It's to TERRORIZE citizens, therefore, the terrorists have completely achieved their goal by scaring the s**t out of people like you.

Did you know that almost half of the attackers in 9/11 were from afghanistan? So why aren't we in there? Did you know humanitarian issues in iraq have actually gotten WORSE, since we INVADED. We can spend the money that we would have used in iraq (so far 300 billion) to further secure our country to prevent another attack. Oh and they have no nuclear weapons like bush has led us to believe.

Oh right Jon's spam thread was bad because it was COMPLETELY unrelated to pokemon. Unlike all those others: "You laugh you loose" "Re" "It's my birthday today!" "Favorite Movie and Movie Quotes Thread [wOOtforspam]" "Sonic = Brawl (Spammerific!)"

rolleyes

actually, I believe you are the stupid one here. All of these people are promising to pull troops out of the war. Big whoop. And sure, its possible to do such things, but once he does do it, they'll just get some new leader to take over, and we will all be back at square 1. Of course this is his biggest plan for america, sicne it is a surefire way to get to be the president. And as for your "well lets invade other third world contries" comment, I am saying, while we have the chance to make a change here, why not do it? Are you saying if you had recourse to get that lunatic out of North Korea you wouldn't want to do it? And as for the spam, nitnit's rule was for spam, not politics which is obviously not spam, it is simply unrelated. Now, as for Bush sending in troops to Iraq due to the fact that he beleived there were nuclear weapons, would any normal person not have done the same? Ok, lets pretend your president for a minute. You have reason to beleive that Iraq has nuclear weapons that they could attempt to use against us. Are you saying you would just let it go?
P.S. this is another reason why these topics need to be locked, they just lead to arguements. Just like I will be locking this one later after we have discussed it a little.

Edit: oh, and i forgot to mention this, If I had the chance to vote this year, I would actually be voting for this guy. I am just trying to say, that pulling troops out isn't going to make anything better for the people there. Sure itsworse than before we got there, but if we pull out now, what do you think will happen then?  

Deathguiser

Pay Per Cuts

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:34 am
North Korea isn't a third world country. We do have the "power" to go in and invade any third world country we wanted, so you're saying we should? to "help." The Iraq war is similar to Vietnam where we just ran in to "help" and realized we were fighting a pointless war.

We tried to make a change. We helped. Now we're not helping at all. We should leave. We helped set up a democratic like government there so it'll be unlikely for another Osama to gain power.

Oh gee silly me. Politics isn't spam? what is your definition of spam -_- anything non-related to the guild right? Therefore it would fall into that "spam" category.

Bush thought they had nukes. They didn't. We pull out. It's seriously not that hard.

That logic doesn't make much sense: We go in. We make it worse. Leaving will make it even worser (is that a word?). What we should do is pull out, and if it does get worse or a new tyrant leader goes to power we can just go back in. Again, not that hard.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:49 am
Pay Per Cuts
North Korea isn't a third world country. We do have the "power" to go in and invade any third world country we wanted, so you're saying we should? to "help." The Iraq war is similar to Vietnam where we just ran in to "help" and realized we were fighting a pointless war.

We tried to make a change. We helped. Now we're not helping at all. We should leave. We helped set up a democratic like government there so it'll be unlikely for another Osama to gain power.

Oh gee silly me. Politics isn't spam? what is your definition of spam -_- anything non-related to the guild right? Therefore it would fall into that "spam" category.

Bush thought they had nukes. They didn't. We pull out. It's seriously not that hard.

That logic doesn't make much sense: We go in. We make it worse. Leaving will make it even worser (is that a word?). What we should do is pull out, and if it does get worse or a new tyrant leader goes to power we can just go back in. Again, not that hard.

wow I guess you really don't know whats going on there. Yes, Bush made a pretty big mistake, i am not sticking up for him. We went in, we basically made the country worse, I undertsand that. But as of right now, there is no exit strategy to get out, and none of these people have a strategy to pull the troops out. All of the people trying to be elected have all said "I will pull troops out of Iraq!" Which is total bullshit, since they don't know what to do any better than bush does. And if it is so easy to pull the troops out, why havn't they done it yet? Of thats right, by just pulling out, the ituation there will only get worse, and our efforst would have been for nothing. And I don't thnik your undertsood what I meant in the North Korea comment. What I meant was, lets say this lunatic has some sort of nuclear weapons that he could potetntially use against us, we already know he hates America, what should we do? Sit back and wait until he bombs the s**t out of us? Good plan.
P.S. Nitnit's rule, as i said, was for spam. But, it was for the kind of spam that would most likely increase the post count a lot, and since most of the people here are under the age of 18, like I said, very few people will actually want to post in these topics. Therefore I am locking and moving his thread one more time, and if I t comes back again I will delete it.  

Deathguiser

PhoenixBlade983

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:16 pm
wOOt for an arguement thread. wOOt also that PPC said my spam thread was good (I think).  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:33 pm
Deathguiser
Pay Per Cuts

wow I guess you really don't know whats going on there. Yes, Bush made a pretty big mistake, i am not sticking up for him. We went in, we basically made the country worse, I undertsand that. But as of right now, there is no exit strategy to get out, and none of these people have a strategy to pull the troops out. All of the people trying to be elected have all said "I will pull troops out of Iraq!" Which is total bullshit, since they don't know what to do any better than bush does. And if it is so easy to pull the troops out, why havn't they done it yet? Of thats right, by just pulling out, the ituation there will only get worse, and our efforst would have been for nothing. And I don't thnik your undertsood what I meant in the North Korea comment. What I meant was, lets say this lunatic has some sort of nuclear weapons that he could potetntially use against us, we already know he hates America, what should we do? Sit back and wait until he bombs the s**t out of us? Good plan.
P.S. Nitnit's rule, as i said, was for spam. But, it was for the kind of spam that would most likely increase the post count a lot, and since most of the people here are under the age of 18, like I said, very few people will actually want to post in these topics. Therefore I am locking and moving his thread one more time, and if I t comes back again I will delete it.

Hope you don't mind that I'm joining the debate, because you can't stop me.
The reason the troops have not been pulled out yet is that Bush keeps vetoing the bills that promise to do just that. Why? Because our current leader is stubborn. It's as simple as that.

Sure, it's bad that someone has nuclear weapons and hates America, but what happens if we rush in and invade? 1. North Korea repels the invading forces, and we just started World War III. 2. North Korea nukes Alaska and the American Northwest. 3. We get kicked out from the UN and world peace is a lot farther from mankind than it ever was before. Therefore, it is best not to take any immediately offensive action against North Korea and instead to bring up the topic in the United Nations. We're taking action, just not in a rash and reckless way that is certain to get us killed immediately.

Political threads can incite debates, just like this one, which increases the post count as people reason out their arguments and counter-arguments, just like we are. Besides, it's not a flame war, so it's just a mentally stimulating debate. As has been mentioned in the other thread, you don't have to be 18 to debate politics and express your ideas. Besides, "spam" means anything that is normally not desired, does not belong, or just gets in the way, just like this thread. Why would a political thread normally belong in a Pokémon guild? Unless evolution and Pokémon battles have a political spin that I was completely unaware of, like representing monarchies and preaching democracy through active nonviolent resistance or something equally ridiculous.  

darkslasherX
Crew

Candy goes B A N G

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:52 am
Deathguiser

P.S. this is another reason why these topics need to be locked, they just lead to arguements.

Their not really arguments, more of....debates.

Quote:

It is still spam. And it still adds to post count. So, you are yourself not following nitnits rules, when obviously you have no right to move/lock/delete the threads when they still follow the rules.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:27 pm
And my respect for Deathguiser just goes down and down and down.  

Shigeru the Hero

Shigeru the Hero

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:28 pm
Deathguiser

Good gracious.

Just because I saw this, I'm moving it back to the main forum.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:31 pm
Deathguiser quit you know. Also, colbert putin 08  

nitnit
Captain

PhoenixBlade983

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:34 pm
nitnit
Deathguiser quit you know.

Quit? ...You mean as he quit the guild?!?!?!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:38 pm
Yes, he realized that he hated most people here and left.  

nitnit
Captain

Shigeru the Hero

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:43 pm
He wasn't exactly the best member.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:43 pm
nitnit
Yes, he realized that he hated most people here and left.

A lot of people leave our guild....
Sure some people probably hate me and I hate a few people, but I don't leave.  

PhoenixBlade983

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:47 pm
He told me that he pretty much couldn't stand everyone who wasn't an active battler in the guild. Almost everyone xD  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff