Welcome to Gaia! ::

The KoS Guild: The AMv capitol of the universe!

Back to Guilds

Reply The AMV Guild
I need help with converting files...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:39 am
I need to convert a .mov (techinically a iMoive document, but all I know how to save it as is a .mov sweatdrop ) to an .mpg to submit it to an AMV contest offsite.
I spent most of last night trying to figure it out, and while I know that quicktime could do it, and I do have quicktime, I do not have the plug-ins to do anything but watch video with quicktime.

Does anyone know anything about this? This is really quite urgent (today's the deadline and I've tried everything but asking for help), so if anyone knows anything about this, please PM me.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:54 am
Hmmmmmmm.... I always use Quicktime Pro to do save my .movs as .avi/mp4/mpg.

I wonder if Quicktime alternative could do the same. Google it.
I'm pretty sure that EO-video could, it converts everything to anything  

Mr_Pilkington
Captain

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:45 pm
Yay yay! It's all convertilated and as we speak, I am in the lobby of the hotel of the con of my first AMV contest.
Wish me luck!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:17 pm
OOOOO!! GOOD LUCK!

*crosses fingers*

Desdemona Legardored
Crew

Melikegames

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:46 pm
another good and completely free conveter is SUPER it works great for all video types (at least the ones ive tried)  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:57 pm
That sounds like so much fun! Good luck! ~<3 Tell us how you do when you get back! ^^  

Neko_Rieka

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:11 am
Oh... well, I didn't place. I had an "Upbeat" AMV against a bunch of very nice "Comedy" AMVs; so obviously one of the really good comedies took the "Comedy/Upbeat/Other" category.
I kinda wish that Upbeat had it's own category, because there was enough to vote on between them, but I doubt that it would have been used appropriately anyway. Someone entered a comedy in Drama because they wanted an entry in every category, and they won. neutral Sorry, still a little touchy about that.

You'll be able to see the AMV in question, though. I entered it in the November contest. I'd have felt bad about that if it placed, but as it didn't...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:41 pm
That convertor looks very nice for Windows, but I'm a Mac user. (I didn't know anyone actually edited videos on Windows, I mean... sweatdrop ) I think I used the Xilisoft or I upgraded my quicktime, but I can't remember now.  

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150

Arianna_Jeske

Deathly Demigod

17,025 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Married 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:56 pm
If anyone needs a good flv to avi/wmv/mpeg converter, just let me know, I also know a good and simple way to get flv files too  
The AMV Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games