Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Sims 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Great place to share/show your creations and meet other TS2 fans! 

Tags: Sims2, Simulation, Maxis, Electronic Arts, Social Bunny 

Reply Main Forum
Does Seasons have any events?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should there be events in the Sims?
  yes :D
  no D:
  O RLY? O.o
View Results

Zee Shadowfox

Familiar Explorer

6,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:19 am
I was thinking of getting Seasons once I get a cd dvd drive fitted into my computer. But somethings been bugging me.. if it changes season, does that mean there are also events like Christmas and Halloween?

Also, are there any new and annoying things in Seasons that make the game harder for filming or playing?

Another thing, are there any events that you would like to see in a future expansion pack? I'd quite like to see Christmas in the Sims (I mean a real christmas, not just the furniture you can get in the expansion pack)

Discuss, comment, help :3  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:54 pm
seasons is odd, no holiday celebrations, but it has neat items, the lightning in storms sometimes lags me a little, so does the hailstorms....but its ok other then that  

the_monster_for_you

kaykeyser

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:32 pm
if you want to celibrate events get Sims celibrations or Sim hollidays mini-expantion packs

Seasons introduces new disasters such as

freezing to death in the snow if your not dressed for the wintter

getting stuck by lightning

being killed by hail

as well as anoying things like

fall leaves and rain puddles.

it also alowes you to garden and turn in to a plant sim who only needs sun love and water to live.

you can plant gardens and save on food bills and sell food.

like any EP you will discover some custem content that will not work with it so back up files.

if you want to know about Sims Bon Voyage or Pets ask me about those too over PM I dont viset the guild often.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:00 pm
I just got Seasons a few days ago along with Nightlife.

This morning Teenaged Beau Broke set fire to a pile of leaves, which seems to be the only way to get rid of it, and he caught on fire. Thankfully he didn't die though. sweatdrop

What I don't like about the piles of leaves is that they just keep coming and won't stop gonk

I haven't been frozen to death, or killed by hail, or struck by lightning yet though. But I'm sure it'll happen.

And Plantsims are very easy to take care of (As long as they're not outside in the dark too long) And they have somebody to talk to and to shower or bathe every once in awhile.

This makes making children easier because you don't have to have a partner, you just make a toddler, and there is no child or teen plantsim so they go directly from the toddler to adult.

You can fish too. Catch your own fish, cook your own fish, mount your fish on the wall, or sell your fish.

Also comes with a bunch of new stuff like "Country Kitchen" and "Country Bedroom" items, as well as a few cool tiki themed stuff.

But you have to make sure you put roofs on your houses! (My sisters tend to forget) Or it'll snow, rain, and hail inside!

Edit: I think the Holiday Stuff Pack may have holiday events and such, but Seasons mainly focuses on the weather and outdoor activities.  

AngelKeeper2k1

Reijin-chan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:01 pm
You don't get holidays, but depending on the season, sims will act differently. For example, in the spring, romantic relationships are easier to cultivate, and in the winter, sims want to spend time with family and give presents to them (which I feel is a nod to Christmas, etc.)

Little things I enjoy in seasons are catching fireflies during the summer, or playing in the snow. If you build a snowman on your property, there's a chance this penguin will show up on your property and talk to it. (I first found out about the penguin when my family woke up one morning, and it was waddling around their kitchen.)

Raking leaves is a little annoying, but if you own a garden, buy a compost bin and put the never-ending rain to good use.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:51 am
I alway forget my roof tops!

maybe I WANT it to snow inside! lol

if your having a hard time with piles of leaves I think you can bag or compost them. I been ignoring them but I think if you build a compost bin you can compost em.

my sims love to rake regardless if I tell em or not.

my thing is I instaled sevral EPS on the same day so when I look at fish ponds and cockroaches, vampires, wolves, and skunks and things I realy have no clue wich EP created them  

kaykeyser

Zee Shadowfox

Familiar Explorer

6,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:29 am
Wow.. so they brought out even more deaths eek

still, that'd be really useful for my moviemaking.. different weathers and all  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:37 pm
Armadablader

if you like environments, check out the beaches on bon voyage  

kaykeyser

Zee Shadowfox

Familiar Explorer

6,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:34 pm
kaykeyser
Armadablader

if you like environments, check out the beaches on bon voyage

Ahh! Something I would like to create requires a beach scene.. can they run into the ocean? ^^;  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games