Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Extended Discussion
Equal opposite's (lucifer, arch angel michael, God, Goldfish Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dameon the -V-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:04 pm
I wont go into detail as I am not thinking clearly enough due to what my friend said but ill put it down still...

If everything has its opposite then what is god's opposite? If he doesnt have one does that mean he is the universal appifiny of logic itself? And how did this god person come about anyway? Are we just goldfish in this big game of life?

oh well answer some of the questions if you feel like starting a deabte but im going to try to go make myself feel better

Love to all faith-ful debaters and friends
dameon

(p.s. I was not offended I just was pointing out that my name is spelled dameon)  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:06 pm
thats interesting~

i guess if gods suspose to be 'a great kindness' then i guess the greates evil is supose to be his opposite---

although im not entirely god has an opposite---since he's suspose to encomopass all things...>,< maybe he's a paradox....  

scintillio

Dameon the -V-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:35 pm
Does that mean the church itself is flawed?

How could they run off of something the was a paradox in itself....  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:37 pm
God's opposite is Satan. Easy-peasy.  

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Dameon the -V-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:57 pm
Not true!

The devil is Saint michaels opposite

I have done some religious studies and some demonology studies even....  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:09 am
As have I. It is possible for a single being to act as more than one nemesis, though.

If analyzed logically, it has a different angle. God is benevolent, all-knowing, and all-powerful. Therefore his direct opposite is malevolent, ignorant, and powerless despite any delusions of power. Spoken like a true Boxman, God's opposite is the human being.  

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Dameon the -V-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:48 pm
Aha! time to point something out!

But man is in gods own image is he not? Could god have made a mistake and is it possible god is also those things but we do not know of it yet?

Its something hard to graspe but im going to figure this out one way or another
*holds up knife*
we'll see if there's really a god XD

jk jk jk im not suicidal at all dont worry!

But seriously if we really are a self portrait of god then why exactly are we able to sin?

Quote:
"....and thus man was made in gods own image..."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:15 pm
We are but a physical portrait of The Lord. He granted us the gift of Free Will. That, and Satan does his work well.  

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Bellabie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:39 pm
(I should like very much to contribute to this conversation, but as I am lacking in theological experience and knowledge and anything worthy of note, I am afraid I may do little more than watch.)
b  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:45 pm
(You can merely use an analysis of binary opposites to compensate for any lack of theological knowledge. Work with what you know and you can't go wrong. ^ ^)  

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Dameon the -V-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:45 am
Feel free to jump in at any time B!
Me and mobius seem to have too many free-radicals in our brain (Brain freedom fighters) which dont allow us to conform, which could be a good or bad thing

But you seem to be the voice of reason with almost everything so jump on in!

-mumbles to self-
Get a good sense of reason...maybe I should ask bellabie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:05 am
@ Dammie

the church is ran by people, and most people, like myself before i learned what a paradox was, probably dont know it might be a slight paradox in that.

But i do agree that maybe people ARE god's opposite---we probably didnt start out that way, but as said, free will is a killer~

like in the matrix, 'the problem is choice.'

(sorry, but i love that movie. XD it fits in well in some cases)  

scintillio

Master Clockfish

Dapper Millionaire

4,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:00 pm
Mobius Nightshade
God is benevolent

I'm afraid Job and the 2,270,365 people God has killed in the Bible would beg to differ.

Quote:
Spoken like a true Boxman, God's opposite is the human being.

Never have I said that God's opposite is the human being. I've said time and time again that humans are scum, sure, but God has no part in the equation.

If you want my opinion, God has no opposite. In fact, God is His own opposite. Being the supposed Creator of all things, he created evil as well as good. And, as I recall, He even created Hell, even if only to serve as a prison for the angels who rebelled against him.

Also, it seems as if you find my misanthropic outlook on society somewhat amusing. Why?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:57 pm
I thank you for your support, dear friends.

Now let us see the sides. In my opinion, God or god or Gods or gods is all-loving and so on; it is merely the hierarchy of the churches and temples that mislead. I don't think that there is a word of God known to Man. All of this has been invented to justify and control actions and people.
In my thoughts, God speaks in beauty and looks like laughter. There is no "light" at the end of some "tunnel." People can do what they may to find or create God, but it doesn't necessarily effect what happens to them after they die, if anything. I'm agnostic, and probably not the best person to speak on such a matter. I do not think, though, that people are so awful or God so mighty as to have them be opposites.
b  

Bellabie

Dameon the -V-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:21 am
Hmmm the heirarchy of church is no doubt correct bella but I do not totally agree with everything you said unfortuanatly...

The after-life is real but the after-life is something that unless some pulls a "jesus" and revives themself will never be fully under-stood. Now this is an assumption but the afterlife is like a big hotel in my point of view. Each story being a different time period and the rooms being people or people's souls in general. -Dumb theory but it leads to more idea's-

@boxman
People are scum sometimes but then there are people like us, We do not care as to how people react -=sorry if I got the wrong vibe=- but we want only to understand principals of beings (hold on so hungry while typing thread need to get a bagel....) but all people being scum is a really awful thing to say. Just yesterday I saw someone having a fit over losing money so I discovered they had dropped it and had not thought to look so I picked it up and gave it to them saying "I believe you dropped this" and they thanked me offered to buy me something at the conseciant stand (I am in the marching band and we get to go to the rubber bowl!) so human beings in general are not scum. It is actually something completely different!

Humans beings are a blank canvas and everything in life will be called metephorically paint. People can do bad things and have a bad influence on there life (a.k.a. paint sploch's) but there are people that try to live a benevolent life (its trying) and will end up with a elegant picture. This "god" and the "devil" are once again only factors in what the human being phsche needs to fully function because we cannot understand everything.

Also @ boxman

Those two million two hundred and seventy thousand three hundred and sixty five people were killed in what manner? You have left out big details mate so please Give us a verse or something else besides something in blue....

@ czar!
I am unfortuanantly going to have to say your idea is very pesimistic. To be full opposites of god I could make a evil bunny right now *tries to make bunny and succeeds* HOLY F#*&...heh...sorry! Well not really we would only need to have the ability to destroy matter and we can to an exstent. The "problem" isnt choice, the "problem" is thinking! If none of us had the intentions to figure out what this means then we would of stayed blissfully un-aware and happy so the problem is once again the human psyche

Allright thats my stand point on this subject. I'll be back later im off to do field research on this at an actual church!

Be back later

Caiou  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas