Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Snows Wyntre

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:26 pm
Http://www.WM3.org

That is really messed up, no?

He [Damien Echols] was only a teen when arrested, and is now a man, with a child, and STILL imprisoned...

Any thoughts?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:29 pm
When did he have a child, if from his teenage years to adulthood he has been imprisoned?

Anyway, to be more relevant, I have a feeling that they won't be released unless the actual perpetrators confess to the crime - if they were so wrongly biased against in the initial trial.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Snows Wyntre

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:31 pm
His wife was pregnant when he was improsoned... He has seen his child once...  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:40 pm
I thought this topic would have more feedback being as they accused him on the basis of him being a "goth-satanist"...  

Snows Wyntre

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:35 pm
Ashitaka-Mononokes_Love
I thought this topic would have more feedback being as they accused him on the basis of him being a "goth-satanist"...

It's pretty late at night (at least where I live - 10:34 PM); there are probably not that many people in the guild at this hour.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:04 am
For those who need a simple understanding of why this is significant to goth culture and just how much of a farce the entire thing was, the 3 were walking around town and were arrested on suspicion of committing the crime due to them wearing t-shirts of supposedly satanic bands, despite several witnesses mentioning the step father was covered in blood when they saw him, the boys were convicted.

Which just goes to show, there is no blind justice system, its ruled by religious fundamentalists and politicians trying to cater to the people.  

Rellik San
Crew

Snows Wyntre

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:28 pm
Said "satanic bands" were Metallica....

And... Many other things... Watch the documentaries "Paradise Lost."

I will post more in on this later, but I have to get off the computer right now....  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:54 pm
Rellik San
Which just goes to show, there is no blind justice system, its ruled by religious fundamentalists and politicians trying to cater to the people.

It's not a flaw of who's in power... no matter who is in power, this'll happen. Religious fundementalists, atheists, scientists, philosophers... The flaw is in the nature of democracy itself.

Democracy isn't based around individual rights, nor is it about justice that protects everyone. Democracy, in its nature, is about popular consent. If a majority wants it, the minority can't do anything about it. That's how democracy works- majority rules.

This doesn't mean all democracy is a bad thing-- it's popular agreed upon, for example, that child-molestation is wrong. This protects the majority from an extremist minority who might otherwise commit such acts.

Then again, if a country is 51% hard-right aryanist (I'm talking extreme "white-power" types) and 49% isn't, no law could exist without Aryanist approval, and any law supported by Aryanists could exist. 100% of the population would have to exist under the laws, even if only just-over half approve.

The law system in most democratic nations exists under roughly the same guidelines-- that's why there's an odd number of supreme court justices, or jurors.

Furthermore, our concept of jury selection in an era of Clarence Darrow-type lawyers keeps every juried case at least somewhat biased, though, the bias can vary to different degrees.  

GilAskan
Crew

~ Main Forum ~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces