Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Archives
The NitNit League Commentary! ((Updated frequently)) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:37 am
Here, I nitnit, the guy who runs this thing will make a commentary of how things are going.

This will be part humorous, part informational, and hopefully high quality. The purpose of it is to let spectators and other members get a feel for the league as a whole, and give it some personality.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:42 am
Introducing the Teams and Players

Here I will tell you a little bit ((or at least as much as I know)) about each team. These are done in alphabetical order, just to let you know.

Team Chaotix:

The main team of The Promised Land, Team Chaotix is lead by the Promised Land's captain nitnit. Composed of mostly the best TPL has to offer, there is still a lot of inguild talent spread around which could be a threat to team Chaotix. JONNNN is nitnit's friend IRL, and knows as much, if not more about competitive than nitnit does - however, he still lacks a lot of battling experience. Kunx990 and Pay Per Cuts have been top tier battlers since back when The Promised Land didn't exist. Ravemaster47 is the group's stereotypical anime character, and Raijin is the trademark shadowy substitute.

Almost all members of chaotix have one another's screen names, so they are very well connected - expect them to show up to every fight they can, and give it their all.

Team Gaming Deviants:

Lead by the eccentric TheBasementDweller, Gaming Deviants is a group of mixed guild players. Dweller and his friend from real life Zombie7775 are both regulars in TPL. However, I have never seen the team's other three members . Dweller has a good grasp of pokemon knowledge, and seems dedicated to leading his team onward in this league. Expect Gaming Deviants to improve their game over the course of the league, and become a force to be reckoned with.

The Provo Team

As cruel as it sounds, these guys are the true underdogs of the league. A team thrown together on the last day of whoevers' teams fell apart and still wanted to battle. These guys are the definition of neutral, and I do not personally know any of them. However, I'm a sucker for the underdog, and despite my own team being in the league, I'm rooting for these guys deep down.

The P.T.C Team

The P.T.C team stands for "The Pokemon Trading Center Team". TPTC is another guild who focuses more on trading than battling. This team is lead by Chaotix Blux, who is a regular in The Promised Land. Both he and Tyhoon ((another regular)) both show impressive knowledge of pokemon in the Team Rating subforum, and are sure to share their skills with the team's other members ((who I have yet to meet, I assume they are from TPTC)). Expect the PTC team to fight for the glory of their guild, and to not quit any time soon.

Team Shadow

Another Neutral team, lead by The Promised Land regular DarkslasherX. Darkslasher has shown a lot of good knowledge about team building, and seem to know his stuff. The other TPL regular of the team, SerraBloodsong is a recently joined member who is very active and generous with her gold, but still new to the world of competitive battling. Similar to Gaming Deviants, expect these guys to improve under the guidance of DarkslasherX, and become a powerful team.

Team Spartan

Another neutral team, team spartan is lead by Deathguiser. Deathguiser was a former crew member of TPL, until he got tired of the guild's laid back atmosphere, and wanted to focus on battling more. This shows the guy's sheer dedication to the game. The Veil and Rey567 are regulars in TPL, and are both respected battlers. I know little about [Mortal Angel] and the powuh of pi, but I do know that Deathguiser has been teaching [Mortal Angel] very much. This is a strong team, so expect them to do very well.

(Team Unknown)

Representing Pokemon Live! is Team Unknown. Lead by the guild's carefree and occasionally silly captain, Nokblooki, these guys are looking to be the funniest of all the teams. While I do not know much at all of their skill, there friendly laid back attitude is refreshing in a league full of aggressive teams. Watch for these guys to take us by surprise, and win some glory for Pokemon Live!

Team Zeta

In terms of skill and experience, Team Zeta trumps most everyone here. Team Zeta is the cream of the crop that is The Official Pokemon Guild. Over 2900 members, and only these 7 were placed on any teams. The team's leader, Mesa the Wanderer, is a man of extreme arrogance to those from outside his guild, but shows great kindness to his friends. He is also TOPG's vice captain, and one of the top competitive battlers around. Backed up by players he hand picked, and the eccentric Wilhemina, TOPG's legendary battler who specializes in UU/NU pokemon, Mesa is determined to win the league, and in his words "win some more activity for The Official Pokemon Guild". The guild's kindhearted captain Artemis Wolfe, from what I understand a highly skilled player herself was forced to take the sub seat - this just shows the level of skill this team offers, and mesa's determination to win.

While it may seem this colossus of a team may take everything, many of the players are fairly inactive, and Mesa is often very busy IRL. Whether Team Zeta will be a sleeping giant who awakens enraged, and out for blood, or remains in a peaceful slumber is something time will reveal.

So. Who are you guys rooting for? Cheering on the big names of Chaotix, Spartan and Zeta? Or hoping the lesserknown guys take the cake?

Remember, even if you aren't actually in the league, you can still be an active fan and spectator - and hey, next season, even you can be mentioned up there!  

nitnit
Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:46 am
The battle so far!

Round 1

Day 1 -- Team Chaotix has already taken the upperhand in their match up, with ravemaster and pay per cuts dominating tyhoon and chaotix_blux respectively. Team Spartan and The Gaming Deviants are fighting tooth and nail, as each one has a battle won against the other.

A relatively low turnout of 4 battles, but it's still alright for the very first day. Hopefully activity will pick up during the week  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:49 am
reserved  

nitnit
Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:39 am
reserved  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:40 am
Ok, feel free to comment on anything. Just please don't quote entire posts made up there ((quoting segments is fine))  

nitnit
Captain

Dwlr

950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:44 am
nitnit
A relatively low turnout of 4 battles, but it's still alright for the very first day. Hopefully activity will pick up during the week

I can't get ahold of my opponet Rey 567 or I would like to have had my battle.

P.S. Zombie fails at life, and to answer the team descriptions about our team Miss Nayru heart is from a gaming site called insanegamingforums (IGF) she only plays casually, but she wanted to enter so we invited her to join our team right away. Corax, made an account here specifically at my request, he has no interest for Gaia and comes orignially from SWF in which he has since abandoned and more or less he comes from a forum, that was sick of SWF. Moumantai is your random run of the mill member whom I don't know hardly anything about myself. Our subs are comprised of Zombie's and my brother respectively, but my brother lost Wi-fi capability or he would have been on the main team based on ability.

Also what exactly do you mean by eccentric? sad  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:56 pm
nitnit

Don't forget my battle, now.  

darkslasherX
Crew

Alex the Fuzzy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:30 pm
nitnit

The Provo Team

As cruel as it sounds, these guys are the true underdogs of the league. A team thrown together on the last day of whoevers' teams fell apart and still wanted to battle. These guys are the definition of neutral, and I do not personally know any of them. However, I'm a sucker for the underdog, and despite my own team being in the league, I'm rooting for these guys deep down.

that's it not even a mention of me common, i know you don't know me but still i don't get a single mention  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:10 pm
I don't know anyone on that team at all >.>  

nitnit
Captain

playing with myself

O.G. Noob

7,825 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:29 am
I guess our team, of which two fifths have some of the best names on gaia, didn't really stand out. xp domokun  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:11 pm

I play! The heart of the underdog

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

16bit-Plumber

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:27 pm
my team is doing horribly at the moment, with two losses,, and the only victory coming from me. We still have a chance, but it all depends on our last two battlers, Rey and Mortal Angel! Mortal Angel has a really strong team, thanks to me helping perfect it, and I havn't battled rey in quite sometime, but what I do know is he is a really great battler. We may not win this round due to some last minute things I forgot to patch up,but we will come back strong next round even if we face defeat!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:17 am
Dramatic update for round 1 please? 8D  

Hollysmokes

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:56 am
we won, thats all the matters to me right now XD. But i owuld like to see how all of the other teams did.  
Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff