Welcome to Gaia! ::

Super-Happy-Fun-Time Guild

Back to Guilds

A fun place to make both friends and gold. 

Tags: giveaway, game, gold, contest, free 

Reply Contests, Giveaways, and General Chat
The dream corner Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

j-factor762

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:50 pm
Since things are a bit slow around here I've decided to make another thread, just for fun. Here you you can talk about any dream you've had in your life that you can remember, even if only vaguely. It can be any kind of dream you want, doesn't matter. I'm making this thread because I truly believe this is a really interesting subject and it could help this guild have some more life.

Ok, first subject: Dreams of your future. That sounds kinda weird, I know, but haven't you ever had the feeling that you have a dream and later you realize you're doing exactly what you did on that dream? With every single detail the same as you saw it in your dream. I've had many dreams like that, actually, just today I was thinking of ideas for my thesis when I thought to myself "Wait, I've been doing this before" It felt like one big deja vu, but what I remembered was one of my dreams: Me sitting on my desk doing serious thinking with the computer turned on behind me as well as the TV. I freak out whenever that happens, but I also feel amazed. It really blows your mind.

Feel free to talk about all kinds of dreams you've had, please. The main thing is to enjoy and speak of yourself.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:44 pm
I remember once before I started 6th grade, I had a dream that it was my first day at middle school, and I was walking around, going to science, choir, LA, Soc stud, math, and then PE. and I met a lot of people.

When i went to middle school, it was realllly weird because I had science, choir, LA, soc stud, math, and PE in the exact order in my dream. and i never realized it until the end of 6th grade when i noticed that all of my friends were in my dream!

creepy rofl  

TehRedKitsune

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:02 am
Sorry for the minor wall of text, but dreams fascinate me ^.^

I have deja-vu dreams all the time xD Well, had. They were more common when I was in school. I'd go through the day and then wake up and have to do it all over again >.<

I've been really good at...lucid dreaming? I think that's what it's called when you can direct your dreams. I know that's my tactic for when I have a bad dream - I fall back into it but make it have a happy ending. Like this one dream I had when I was 5 or so: I dreamed a giant blue dragon ate my best friend whole. I remember waking up in a cold sweat, then thinking about one of the Grimms' Fairy Tales I had read. I went back to sleep and dreamed that I cut open the dragon's tummy while it was sleeping and my friend was still alive and she hopped out. ^.^ (in the fairy tale I had mentioned, three goats got eaten by a wolf, and the mommy-goat found the wolf by a stream, asleep; she cut open its stomach and her kids were alive and well. Then, she filled his stomach back up with stones, sewed him back up, and left. When the wolf woke up, he was thirsty, so he bent down to get a drink from the stream. The rocks made him tip over into the stream and held him down at the bottom so that he drowned.)

Sometimes my dreams can resolve my writer's block, too ^.^ I go to sleep while thinking of the story, and the dream will play out like in a movie, so all I have to do is remember what I dreamed when I woke up xD I used to compose poems in my dreams, but once I'm awake enough to write them down, I can't remember what the words were. D=

I think the weirdest dream I've ever had was the one where I dreamed I was a vulture xD It started out like one of those Animorph books (which I never read, but had looked at), so it's like I was me, just with a vulture body. I about puked when I had to eat a dead mouse. Then, smells started to change - a dead skunk still smelled like a dead skunk, but it inspired tasty thoughts (like you know when you smell one of your favorite meals cooking? that's what it was like). So, I pretty much flew around, finding disgustingly tasty smells and eating whatever carrion I found, my mind becoming less me and more vulture-ish. At the end of the dream, I was perched on the edge of an overpass, looking down at a huge, fiery pile-up, and I thought to myself, "Sweet, barbecue." Then I woke up. 0.o  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:22 am
hey can any of u make ur own dreams when u sleep I can 3nodding if I want to dream of being in a plce I want to be or who to be with I can anytime even in naps ^^ I love it making my own dreams........can u?  

dragon_fire_lover

TehRedKitsune

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:11 pm
dragon_fire_lover
hey can any of u make ur own dreams when u sleep I can 3nodding if I want to dream of being in a plce I want to be or who to be with I can anytime even in naps ^^ I love it making my own dreams........can u?

i've tried that once. it didn't really work...although i remember a time in a dream i was concious of the fact that i was dreaming...and ran around eating cherrios sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:33 am
Lol I know when I'm dreaming during my dreams but I can't really change the outcome. All I can do is run around and stuff. I do have deja vu dreams quit often though. Kind of odd to have it happen the next day. All my dreams are either suttle or quit violent. In one of the more violent one's someone was trying to shoot me down with a sniper and it actually hurt. When I woke up my leg was tingling.  

Broken_Wingless

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:50 am
Do any of y'all have recurring dreams? I think half my dreams are recurring ones xD I had one the other night that may have been a recurrence of one that I had when I was a kid - everything was familiar (as it is in a recurring dream), and I was saying things like, "oh man, I haven't been here since I was a kid". One of the characters in the dream I recognized as the high school cadet (teacher's aide) from my kindergarten class, even though when I woke up I realized that it was actually a guy who had been in my science classes in college (in the dream, he could turn into a pink cat xD). I reckon this is probably because I can't remember what the cadet actually looked like.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:53 am
I don't have any recurring dreams, nor I can control what happens on them, I just enjoy every ride XD But really, all my dreams are random and will be most likely about what I was thinking that day or even something I saw just moments before going to sleep. Also, most come pretty incomplete or may even just be random images, like this dream I had where a couple of the To heart 2 (anime) girls were in the first floor of a mall like building with many floors and they were atching remote controlled cars racing at the border of the roadwalk of some upper floor. There was also a toystore in the first floor that I remember to have broken in, but besides that I don't remember a thing. Pretty random, don't you think?  

j-factor762

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:15 am
I have random dreams sometimes, but mostly they make sense (or at least as much sense as dreams can make, anyway wink ). Except for the one I had where I was talking to Dr. Phil, but he was a goldfish, and then I was like, "wait a minute, Dr. Phil's not a goldfish..." and then POOF! I woke up xD That could be why I don't have many random dreams - once I realize that they don't make sense, I wake up xD  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:16 pm
My dreams are really random too. Like this one time I had a dream I was at school and the whole school (except the PE area and the front of the school) was under water! One friend could fly and avoid drowning, another was in a tree, me and another friend were on a giant turtle, one friend was standing on top of the water, ANOTHER one was underwater and was a halffishie and the last friend drowned. Strange thing was...the water was PINK. And my best friend drowned neutral  

TehRedKitsune

j-factor762

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:42 am
Kitsune- That's an awful ending for a nice dream crying I had a dream like that when I was little. Me and my grandma were running in a highway (The highway my family uses to get to her house in the mountains) and it seemed like some kind of ancinet temple, filled with a bunch of traps, like floor panels, darts, old fashioned stuff. Anyway, we crossed all that and it seemed we were getting out of the highway when all of a sudden a trap door opens and my grandma falls through it, that's when my dream ended. That was a pretty ugly one crying

Sheer- Wow, that's seriously random XD And shows you have a big control over your dreams. I'd like to say that's a good thing, but sometimes it's better just to follow the flow and enjoy, even if it doesn't make any sense.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:39 am
I would just go with the flow, but before I can even decide to do that, I'm already awake =P  

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100

j-factor762

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:19 pm
Then it seems every part of your brain has a will of its own ^^" So you've never enjoyed a random dream to the fullest? So sad crying  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:01 am
Depends on your definition of "random", I guess xD

I had a dream this morning that I was missing half of my left ring finger for some reason, and by the time I found the missing half, my finger had regrown its nail. Then, my brain must've decided that that didn't make sense, because next time I looked, it was regrowing skin over the stub, instead. Anyway, I put my finger on ice and went to the hospital to have it sewn back on, and they went to put me under for the procedure, but I was only partly under and I was like, "should I still be awake for this?" and the doctors were like, "no, dumbass, and the gas has already been put away, so we're going through with this" and then next thing I know, I'm at the start of an entirely different dream xD  

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100

j-factor762

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:43 pm
That sounds like a funny and kinda gross dream, with the severed finger thing ^^" I must say you seem to be in some serious control of your dreams, I'm truly impressed. Actually, I've had some dreams where I even know I'm in a dream, it's freaky O_O Actually, I had a dream recently when I was in a mall and I saw this magazine I really wanted so I bought it, then I was back in my room all of a sudden browsing the net and finding some info about an upcoming anime that I was really waiting for, and then I realized it was all a dream and got really pissed, and I didn't wake up inmediatly even when I knew it was a dream. It was so weird.  
Contests, Giveaways, and General Chat

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff