Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
NaKniSweMo

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AriRashkae

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:17 pm
NaKniSweMo

Anyone else in? I'm halfway up the body of Hourglass (but I cheated and had my husband do dishes and laundry for 3 days wink ).  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:42 pm
Alas, my carpal tunnel may prevent me from finishing my Christmas knitting, let alone an extra sweater...I don't even have time to do NaWriMo, which is sad. cry  

knitting_needle_ninja

KiwiDragon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:25 pm
If I could knit-I'd be in, but sadly, I don't know how! gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:25 pm
I would have, if I had the money for enough yarn for a sweater. Things are looking pretty tight out here. sweatdrop  

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:57 pm
My knitting skills aren't up to a sweater yet even if I did have the time and money for yarn.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:20 am
Aww, I'd love to do that! I haven't gotten to knit a thing for 9 months since the baby was born. Just no time. *sob*  

Catcheen
Crew

AriRashkae

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:28 pm
I know what that all is like, believe me. (Except for the carpal tunnel. sweatdrop Can't help there. Good thoughts your way, KNN. heart )

arrow KiwiDragon: Knittinghelp.com, and Stitch 'n' b***h (book) are extremely useful. A lot of people swear by them. And honestly, once you can get past casting on the needles and that first row, it's surprisingly simple.

arrow DecemberFlower & ForestGreen: Honestly, I'm trying to get rid of random yarns that accumulated from Goodwill. Not saying that your situation's not bad, but most people don't think to check thrift shops for yarn. Just though I'd throw the idea out there.

arrow Catcheen; I know that one, for sure. Maybe small projects on a circular that you can put down after a few stitches, like a scarf or hat? Just to scratch the itch?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:15 am
I was signed up for a knitting class, but it got canceled! crying I have the Stitch and b***h book on my Christmas list, since taking a class doesn't seem to be working! Thanks for the ideas! heart  

KiwiDragon

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:57 pm
Since I jumped on obard for NaNoWriMo before I even heard about NaNoSweMo, methinks I will be knitting my next sweater in January.

But I'm starting a vest... that's close!  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games