Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Sims 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Great place to share/show your creations and meet other TS2 fans! 

Tags: Sims2, Simulation, Maxis, Electronic Arts, Social Bunny 

Reply Main Forum
Does anyone know Sims 2:Castaway? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Empress of Lost Hearts

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:41 am

My ps2 sucks! it wont work but I got it on my PSP it rocks! now I Dont need help lol xd

"Paramore Rocks!!" User Image

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:05 pm
I know about but I don't play game-system sims 2's  

nerdyninja

Banana-nana

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:39 pm
I have it on the Wii. I'm still trying to figure it out myself. xd What are you needing help with?

I don't usually like the console sims either, but this one is actually really fun. I think though, I'd actually love it on my PSP or something portable.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:58 pm
*sigh* I wish I could help..I am really GOOD at the Sims games..I dont have a PSP though..only Wii Comp and Nintendo SP  

Angelic_Singer12568

EmpressGoddess

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:22 pm
I was worried Sims on a game console would be disappointing like Urbz. I was sick of that game long before I finished. Castaway is better? If so why?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:01 pm
EmpressGoddess
I was worried Sims on a game console would be disappointing like Urbz. I was sick of that game long before I finished. Castaway is better? If so why?

Ugh... Urbs... I got that on DS which is most likely worse than on the regular consoles. gonk

Castaway is a pretty clever idea. It has more customization possibilities for one, so it's more like the PC version. Like the building of stuff. You can basically set down objects anywhere. I've been thinking about seeing if I can put down my "home tiki" in the dark cave on the second island.

You're given goals, but you can do them in any order. You can finish the game and leave the island or you can choose to stay.

I especially like the exploration factor. It's more like and adventure game in that sense. And there's so much to see. Plus, no real need to study. You earn skills by doing the necessary things like identifying plants and harvesting plants.

Banana-nana

Simming
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:52 pm
I want the DS version, but it may be a while before I actually get it.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:03 am
Banana-nana
I have it on the Wii. I'm still trying to figure it out myself. xd What are you needing help with?

I don't usually like the console sims either, but this one is actually really fun. I think though, I'd actually love it on my PSP or something portable.

I have it for wii also. I do agree it would be awesome for psp also! Hey has anyone found any people yet????????????? I've been on the second island, and still no other people!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO my sim's all aloneeeeeeeeeeeeee!  

candy!x0x0

Banana-nana

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:39 pm
I found my people on the second island.

Did you create people when you created your sim? If not, then your sim is stranded all alone on the island.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:44 pm
Shoot, cause I only have one sim started out with. So there are no islanders???? =(  

candy!x0x0

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:05 pm
I have it for my PSP. I'm on the second island, and I only got as far as the Dark Cave. x.x Help? I can't find head or tail of the nearest new land. >.<

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:10 pm
I don't believe there are any islanders. In the instructions, it says something about creating only one sim for a challenge. So I took it to mean that if y ou don't create any sims, you're all alone.

At the dark cave, I had trouble too. I don't know if you can look around on the PSP (you certainly can't on the Wii gonk ) but there is a place you actually have to crawl up that is indicated by green foot prints.

When you enter the dark cave, you have to walk across to the other side, there is a path that seems to lead to a dead end. You have to move around a bit until the option lights up to explore or climb. I only found it because one of my crew climbed up it.

Banana-nana

candy!x0x0

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:18 pm
You know wat I did, I left the island, got a bunch of rope, and built a bridge like they said. Theres alote more places lol.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:27 am
Banana-nana
I don't believe there are any islanders.

I got the strategy guide, and I think it said something about the natives... You can find their ancient cities, at least, because I know you can get into the temple.

You can make friends with the monkeys. XD And it's much easier to handle one Sim than a whole bunch. My girlfriend and I are playing together, and it's really hard to keep track of just our two sims! Because you don't always know where the other one is...

Great game, though. I totally recommend it.

Fin Raziel

1HotMama68

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:30 pm
gamefaqs.com has a really good walkthrough and you can get for any version of Castaway you have. I am having trouble catching a shark and building the transmitter radio despite the clues I got from gamefaqs.com  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff