KZN02
Captain

Aekea Warrior

19,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:17 am
Although it states it's the Mask of X-Ray vision, we see in Mask of Light that it also has telescopic vision. Any other guesses what other functions it could have?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:40 pm
The telescopic vision is a little extra funktion which mask makers could build into any mask. It's not part of the mask power, it's mechanical. wink  

Toa-Nuva

KZN02
Captain

Aekea Warrior

19,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:37 pm
Oh well, wonder what other enhancements there are for Kanohi.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:30 pm
On Matoran, all it has is zoom. the Great Kanohi has more than that of course. the aforementioned X-ray vision. It also seems to have a combat interface and calculates trajectory and probability. In my mind, it can also track body heat, breathing rate, and heartbeat, making it a passable(if crude, nowhere near as good as the Soletu) lie detector.

Kust a guess. neutral  

Mozart Anarchy

Toa-Nuva

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:28 pm
Where did you get that information? eek

This is all that's written about the Akaku's powers on the BS01 Wiki:
http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/Akaku
The Kanohi Akaku is the Mask of X-Ray Vision. The Akaku allows its user to see through objects and structures. The only thing its power cannot pierce is the layer of Protodermis that makes up Metru Nui's dome. They are commonly fitted with telescopic lenses to give their users enhanced vision.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:12 am
Played off Nuju's 'mask' in Web of Shadows. It seemed to have an interface and it was able to see heat signatures. I figured that if a powerless beast mask could see that, why not the all-awesomeness of the Akaku?

And in Mask of Light, there is also an interface when you see Ko-Koro's gate through Kopaka's eyes. Maybe of he had turned back to Jaller and Takua, maybe he'd see their heat sigs. *shrug*  

Mozart Anarchy

Partum Ignis

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:51 pm
KZN02
Although it states it's the Mask of X-Ray vision, we see in Mask of Light that it also has telescopic vision. Any other guesses what other functions it could have?
Well, We've know it had the telescopic bit since the beginning. And those are the only functions it has: telescoping and x-ray vision (which is the actual power of the mask).  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:47 am
BeadedSerpent
Played off Nuju's 'mask' in Web of Shadows. It seemed to have an interface and it was able to see heat signatures. I figured that if a powerless beast mask could see that, why not the all-awesomeness of the Akaku?

Hmm, right, I remember that scene, but I'm not sure whether it's official... (And I'm to lazy to look for that scene in the book. XD)  

Toa-Nuva

TheDarkHooded

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:06 am
That is true, my understanding was that Greg didn't do much on the movie MOL, so who knows if it's legit or not. We could ask him on BZP. ^^;;;  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:37 pm
wow. cool. I didn't know that stuff!  

vulpineCrafter
Vice Captain

Playful Shapeshifter

15,000 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
The BIONICLE Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff