Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Extended Discussion
Is it really right or is it actually against what they wish? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Milliani

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:48 pm
This is a thought i got after reading dammie-kins "request for a silent moment"

Now this have nothing to do against it, but made me raise a question.

If a person truly can't find any happiness but only sadness in this world,
and runs away from reality by suicide.

Should you hold a even more sad moment of silence for a person who dint wish to have more sadness ?
Would a person who never felt to be happy, wish for others to feel sad as well?

and my last.
Would a person ever commit suicide if he/she knew that just the presence can make others happy?
Or if he/she knew that the loss of him/her would make a even worse mark in several people, compared to the burn in the chest they may have felt them self?

Please share your thoughts and maybe questions.
I don't mind if you feel like going into deep expressions.
Mentally.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:56 pm
I think most people commit suiside because they feel a great sense of no controll over anything they do, so it makes them incredibly sad...

Its like a vacume effect, and either you can pull yourself out of it in time, or you just get sucked in...

I dont know if some people do it to make a point *like school killings*, or just to free themselves from the peril they feel they cannot escape, but either way it hurts those who loved you...

I just wish that they could see life is hard, yes. Its hard for so many people....but when you take your life, your taking apart of the world with you, good or bad....and it impacts us all...  

scintillio

Bellabie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:10 pm
I think that it is right to have a moment of silence and honour, but sadness, perhaps, should not be spread.
There is a certain amount of unavoidable pain that friends and family of the victim, and they are victims, must endure, but rather than being saddened, the most help that one can provide to someone, in my experience, who has a feeling of such loss is to offer an ear of shoulder. Do not create more sadness in this, lift the burden from others.

In regards to suicide, I think that it is very important that if someone has such tendencies that you tell them that they would not only be missed, but causing more pain. It may seem cruel for me to say this, but sometimes blame is the only way to convince people out of such a dreadful sacrifice.

Condolences, Dameon.
b  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:19 pm
Where there is life, there is death. When light is cast upon something, its shadow lengthens. This is the way of the world. This is Duality. As there are those content with their lives, so too must there be the miserable. For those who preserve and save lives, there must be those who desecrate and destroy them. For all who continue living, there must be countless more dead, which in turn fuels the living, which fuels the dead once more. We may feel sorrow for the person, for the knowledge that all could have been better, that it didn't have to be that way. But we must know that it is a part of life. It is what keeps all in perspective, what balances our lives and makes things less monotonous. Be at peace knowing that they suffer no more at the hands of others or their own hands, and that the world moves on another day. Be thankful that you did not have to suffer as such, and work to ease any future suffering larning from this as an example. Forgive... and forget. In a cosmic sense, such thing are necessary. To dwell on it is only to spread the suffering to yourself and continue the vicious cycle. If you become infected with the misery of the fallen, you too shall spread it, and the Great Balance will be thrown off, and the world cast into Ragnarok.

Forgive.

And forget.

Namu. *bows head in silence*  

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Bellabie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:24 pm
That said, friends, you mustn't forget emotion.
What was is no longer, so something else fills the void.
Despite what cannot be avoided, recognize that, as humans, we refuse to recognize this "balance" in times of pain and sorrow.

Although I agree, I feel it important to remind everyone that in such times of great loss, empathy is often preferred over logic.
b  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:31 pm
Yes, do remind them. It is your part in the preservation of Balance to shine light on emotion when logic has taken centre stage. Keep all in perspective. Aid all in knowing both sides so that they may decide for themselves how to feel and how to think. Foster their individuality with the gift of choice.  

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Master Clockfish

Dapper Millionaire

4,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:40 pm
Quote:
I just wish that they could see life is hard, yes. Its hard for so many people....but when you take your life, your taking apart of the world with you, good or bad....and it impacts us all...

If that were true, considering the fact that numerous people kill themselves every day (according to Suicide.org, one suicide per 17 minutes,) the world would've exploded. Seriously, some people probably offed themselves right now, but do I care? No. Do you care? No. Has my life changed because of their deaths? Has yours? No. I don't know these people, I don't know why they killed themselves, and I'm not going to stop and grieve for them or their families; I have more important things to worry about.

Unless a person was like a movie star or the president or something, nothing's going to happen when they kill themselves. Sure, a few family and friends will be sad, but after a while they'll recover from the shock and go about their lives again. The world isn't suddenly going to halt on its axis because a few people decided it was a good idea to off themselves.

It's a fact of life that sometimes people kill themselves. That's their choice, and I think it's selfish to tell them not to because YOU think it's wrong and YOU might just shatter like glass if they go. Life's a pile of s**t. Some make it, some don't.

You can call me names. You can call me heartless and all this s**t, but this is what I believe. The same thing will happen when I go. Nothing will change, and nobody will be concerned.

EDIT: @Mobius: I couldn't understand anything you said. Mind speaking in English next time?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:58 pm
Dear TehBoxman, Mobius speaks in contradictions, purposefully and not. He means to say what you do. "C'est la vie"

I wouldn't call you names besides Mister Boxman and so on, but I do disagree. People killing themselves does "make the world stop spinning" for those around them. It may be temporary, but it still hurts. Also, you riddle off numbers, but people are more than that, in my opinion. Should you give us a name, photograph, and/or biography for each suicide occurring, I know that I would care. I would hurt. I would feel loss. Perhaps you would not. Perhaps I am glad that Dameon locked his thread before you commented. Perhaps you have grown insensitive to these things, but I have not. For so much apathy, I offer comfort. People die, yes. I am aware of their deaths and do nothing, yes. Do I care? Yes.
Despite not knowing someone personally, I still relate to those who feel their absence. It is, as I have debated with you over in the past, what I think to be the greatest human achievement: Empathy.
b  

Bellabie

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:58 am
Ah, but I enjoy speaking in riddles, Boxman. It makes things so much more... How would Ryuk put it? Interesting...  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:39 am
Teh Boxman
If that were true, considering the fact that numerous people kill themselves every day (according to Suicide.org, one suicide per 17 minutes,) the world would've exploded. Seriously, some people probably offed themselves right now, but do I care? No. Do you care? No. Has my life changed because of their deaths? Has yours? No. I don't know these people, I don't know why they killed themselves, and I'm not going to stop and grieve for them or their families; I have more important things to worry about.

( Daaaamn... sweatdrop )

I dunno....that just seems so...pathetic. Not as in pitty, i dont feel that for you at all...

Its just simply pathetic.  

scintillio

Dameon the -V-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:18 pm
Boxman being cruel is the worst quality someone can have an I believe I see a malignant streak in you towards that topic. We are the legion of helpers and if someone is grieving you tell them it doesnt matter?

Its not a moral issue but an act of courtesy!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:45 pm
This I stated before, dear Dameon.
Mister Boxman, however tends to prefer "correctness" over courtesy.
b  

Bellabie

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:30 pm
He helps to Balance pathoses with intellectual objectivism. It is something to be thankful for. Boxman is a boon to the world by being a bane to that which people prefer. There has to be another side to all things, and he is the other side to morality.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:27 pm
You and your balance.
Not all is equal, nor will it ever be.
b  

Bellabie

Anochaa
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:06 pm
I don't want to grow old.

Erm...just putting my two cents in since I speak from a bit of experience....

If I were to kill myself, I'd want to cause as much pain as possible for the people that I know. At least for me, a large aspect of suicide is a feeling of lack of appreciation. Also, I suppose that I'd want people to know how I felt, at least to some degree.

If a loved one kills his/herself, then the survivors of that person often feel lost, sad and angry for thinking that they could have prevented it. More or less the same emotions that people feel before they take their life.

So...I guess it offers some kind of closure? *shrug*

EDIT: Also, at least for me, I realize that most of my desire for suicide is completely absurd and irrational, but it's not something you can just get rid of. It's not like I want to think like that. Knowing that I make other people happy doesn't help at all, and the few people that make me stop thinking such things help only in small amounts since they're quickly lost to the other...tendencies.

Er, and just for the record, I'm not a cutter or anything sweatdrop I just think about it more or less all the time. It's like, when I'm sitting and contemplating doing my homework I'll be like "Well, I could just kill myself today...Nah. It's pizza day tomorrow. I'll wait." So it's kinda like that.

User ImageUser Image
Won't you let me, won't you let me explode?
IN A KARAOKE SUPERNOVA, YEAH!

Extended Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces