Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.
Sand Chronicles Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fav Character?
  Ann
  Daigo
  Fuji
View Results

IdyllicDivinity

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:19 pm
User Image
1 :: Story
2 :: Creator
3 :: Volumes

Original Post
WooHoo! Sand Chronicles Forum! Time to talk about:
1. The Story
2. Characters
3. Other

The Story:
Ann moves from bustling Tokyo to her mother's rural hometown,
and she isn't sure if she'll survive her exile from civilization.
Now her mother has committed suicide,
and Ann feels all alone in the world...

Characters:
Ann Uekusa
Daigo Kitamura
Fuji & Shika Tsukishima

Other:
We're here for a reason peepz! To talk about the fine manga by Hinako Ahihara! Lets discuss such things.<3

Plz. follow gaian rules.
No Page Stretching.
No Cybering.
No Insults of Avis.
And such. <3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:21 pm
Story

After her parents get divorced, Ann Uekusa and her mother move from Tokyo to rural Shimane. Used to the anonymity of city living, Ann can't get used to the almost overbearing kindness of the people in her mother's hometown. But when personal tragedy strikes, Ann discovers how much she needs that kindness.

Original Post
Mmkay lets get this discussion started with a:

This monthz Sand Chronicles wuz awesome! ^^
Mostly cuz daigo and ann got their FIRST kiss! heart

IdyllicDivinity

I Am Hello Kitty -tu_ut-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:31 am
Creator

Hinako Ashihara won the 50th Shogakukan Manga Award for Sunadokei (Sand Chronicles). She debuted with Sono hanashi okotowari shimasu in Bessatsu Shojo Comics in 1994. Her other works include SOS, Forbidden Dance, and Ten-nen Bitter Chocolate.

Original Post
December segment is good too smile There is a colored page!

I like how this manga is drawn, I just like the art a lot
story too, of course biggrin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:19 pm
Volumes
Status in Japan :: complete at 10 volumes
Status in US :: 10/10 released

User Image
Volume 1
After her parents get divorced, Ann Uekusa and her mother move from Tokyo to rural Shimane. Accustomed to the anonymity of city living, Ann can't get used to the almost overbearing kindness of the people in her mother's hometown. But when personal tragedy strikes, Ann discovers how much she needs that kindness.

User Image
Volume 2
Just when Ann has adjusted to life in the countryside--and even has a boyfriend!--her father invites her to move back to Tokyo. Now she must choose between a father she hardly knows and a young man she is just beginning to know. But she soon discovers they aren't the only ones vying for her affections!

User Image
Volume 3
Sweet 16-year-old Ann returns to rural Shimane from Tokyo for the summer, eager to reconnect with her boyfriend Daigo. But will the allure of their close friends--wealthy brother and sister Fuji and Shika--sunder the romantic ties that have bound Ann and Daigo since they were 12?

User Image
Volume 4
Ann and Daigo's LD (long-distance) relationship is put to the test as time goes by and they find themselves spending more and more time with their childhood friends--aristocratic brother and sister Fuji and Shika--than each other. Is it just due to proximity or are deeper feelings at play...?

User Image
Volume 5
Shika will stop at nothing to steal Daigo from Ann. And the competition ramps up when an attractive girl resurfaces from their past. Meanwhile, Fuji patiently waits to win Ann from Daigo. But who do Ann and Daigo want to be with...?

User Image
Volume 6
Ann and Daigo begin dating other people. But can anyone take the place of her first love in Ann's heart? Then, Ann learns a surprising secret about her father's romantic life!

User Image
Volume 7
Ann's junior high school reunion is coming up, and she hasn't seen Daigo in two years. How will their reunion go? Then, finally, the story behind Ann's engagement. Who is her fiancé...?

User Image
Volume 8
Can the sands of time heal all wounds?; Can the sands of time bury the pains of the past? Revisiting scenes and people from earlier days drives Ann to an impulsive act of desperation. Who will stand by her now? And will she ever make peace with her past...and herself?

User Image
Volume 9
What were our parents like at our age? We'll never really know... But now you can get a glimpse into the teenage years of the mothers of Ann, Daigo, Fuji and Shika. How was their destiny shaped? Plus, Ann's little sister visits Shika--and Ann's ex-fiancé!--in New York City.

User Image
Volume 10
Daigo digs up the time capsule he buried twenty years ago when he was only ten. What message did Daigo leave for his future self? And what does it take to live life fully and without regret?

Quote:
Daigo and Ann's first kiss was so sweet! I loved it!!

I do really like the story. It's romantic, and it has some real good problems that appeal to me (like Ann's mother's depression and suicide).

One thing I really don't like about it is the art, though. I don't like how the characters look, and all...

Rune WolfHaven

Rezuri-chanchan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:19 pm
i much as i love ann and diago i want her to be with my boy fuji  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:52 pm
i wanna see some chemistry between fuji and ann too....
they look good together as well! ^^ cept fuji's a bit conceited... ^^;

IdyllicDivinity

Sozomi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:26 am
I think Ann is way too much in love with Daigo to even think about Fuji that way. Plus, Fuji's signals haven't been that obvious, and I think he wants her to be happy, and she is happy with Daigo right now.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:49 pm
But there's something inside me that really wants to see
Ann and Fuji together! Even briefly or accidentally! ^^

IdyllicDivinity

Asano Rain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:20 am
I love Daigo x Ann (and Dai is my favorite character). Ah, first love is so bittersweet.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:50 pm
i think ann should be with fuji because

fuji is better looking  

Cafekko_Nyappy

Caramel Kisses

Anxious Girl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:52 am
Kibeth
Daigo and Ann's first kiss was so sweet! I loved it!!

I do really like the story. It's romantic, and it has some real good problems that appeal to me (like Ann's mother's depression and suicide).

One thing I really don't like about it is the art, though. I don't like how the characters look, and all...

I'm not entirely fond of the art, either...
The storyline, though, I love.

(Omigud, Cain! *drool*)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:26 pm
In the January issue, it seemed as though Fuji didn't really care about Ann, meaning that he didn't seems to have feelings for her. I could be wrong though...just my opinion.  

Kestrella

ellehciMMichelle

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:50 pm
I just got the March '08 issue and I loved this chapter...Fuji fans are going to be happy! Although I'm a Daigo fan, I didn't mind of what happened.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:18 pm
You know, I didn't like this manga at first very much, but it's starting to get more interesting biggrin It's showing some real potential 3nodding  

maple_chan

3,550 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Pandaccino

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:43 pm
YES! Fuji and An's first kiss! I think they would be a good couple. Fuji has finally let An know(kinda) about his crush on her.  
.: Dance to the Beat :: The Manga Forum :.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games