Yay!!!
View Results

Taifallos
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:05 pm
Welcome to
Bloody Breaths
an RPG Forum
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Make yourself at home and feel free to start up any rpg that you fancy...

Here you will find a list of:
RPG BASIC RULES & GUIDE

I'm sure I missed out on some, so please feel free to add any that are missing!

To start with, this isn't going to tell you exactly how to role-play. This comes with experience as you mold your character into what they are to be. The true art of roleplaying is that your character ISN'T you. Your character is just that. It's like a character in a book. You form their likes and dislikes. You form their loves and their hates. And whenever you play, for that time you become that character. This FAQ is simply to show everyone the finer points of Roleplaying and some basic guidelines to help you along.

General Expressions:

IC-
In Character
OOC- Out Of Character
AFK- Away From Keyboard

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note:

Your character is NOT YOU. I can not express this enough. So Bob may be your arch-nemesis in the rpg forum and other games, but this does NOT make him your arch-nemesis in REAL LIFE.

Internet slang i.e. l8er, brb, 'sup? > should not be used unless you are ooc.

Lyrics to songs. - 1. IT MUST RELATE TO YOUR CHARACTER. I don't think anyone here is "Pretty Fly for a White Guy" so, it has to make sense. This includes poems, novels, etc.

Keep your posts in 3rd person. (Using the words 'he' and 'she' and 'they' instead of 'me' and 'i' and 'you'.)

The only place everyday discussions are allowed is in the General Board, nowhere else unless it has been made clear by either mods or the person who started the thread that it can be for otherwise. We don't want any of this: OOC- 'SUP BOB? right in the middle of the second apocalypse.

On a note, please try to keep stuff Rated PG-13 or R, descriptive, but not too descriptive. (Don't describe every single detail. Leave some things to the imagination.) Sometimes this is affected by rpg skills. Some people have the ability to make words droplets of gold. For others it seems like droplets of gold until you spell check and re-edit, you realize you've screwed up. So watch it.

Stick to the Story- If I wanted to run into Captain Jack Sparrow in the middle of a showdown between vampires and the boogey-man than the mods will edit him in. Please don't make huge alterations to story-lines or dominate the story completely editing and bending it to your whim. That is what we call a "faux-pas" "no-no"

Character Notes:

You must post a profile of your character first before doing anything else. There is a thread open in the general forum that has already started this process.

Your character should not be having an identity crisis and change it's name from Bob to Mary unless you have made clear in the development that your character had a thing for Richard's (also known as something else) all along.

Yes your character will develop, change, and grow but keep it realistic. None of this "and all along Arch Duke Lemming-Yip-Yap was a hybrid who spent his time baking cookies in his tree-house"

Please keep it original but nothing to 'overused' like: "the call is coming from inside the house"... *yawn*

If you would like to change your character or placement please think this over VERY seriously and take the time to consider the chain reaction it could cause. If and when you do, pm either "icy baby black and blues" or "taifallos" and make us aware of the changes. You can however have different characters for different rp's. Just be sure to know your character, post it, and state which game it will be playing in.

Happy Gaming Everyone!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:26 pm
ok. ^-^  

[Barbarella]

Beginner Warrior

Ars Arcana
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:57 pm
I would like to add this, don't take it as a demand for a rule.
Please, everyone, you probably have at least a minute or two of experience at roleplaying, so it's not a difficult thing to make your actions clear enough and take at least some space with words.

...Now, that was unclear. I mean: Please, you shouldn't post a one-worder. Like this:

Ars Arcana
Arcana stepped aside.

While that is by far very clear and short. Oh it's far too short, usually that is held back by a minimum word rule, but that really isn't necessary, just take a minute to describe your action, making it not only clear, but amusing and enjoyable. Maybe with something like this.

Ars Arcana
Arcana heard his friend's advice and stepped aside, letting the lady walk through the corridor. "Good night for you too."

Now, doesn't that reads a thousand times better? It takes a minute or two to write that, yes, but it becomes much more satisfying for everyone that reads it, and it's easy to do. It's not like you need to read tens of books to get to that level, just concentrate a bit and try, even if it takes a few tries before submitting. I redo my posts and check for mispelling everytime I roleplay and once you start, it gets easier in a few tries.  
Bloody Breaths *rpg forum*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games