-Yu-Yu Hakusho
-Fullmetal Alchemist
And so on! :]  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:23 pm
anime rocks!!! >.<  

krazy_kat_star

shadow0wolf1211

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:57 pm
It does! AFter I watch an anime, I cannot believe how corny and stupid TV dramas are! They make me gag. Although my friend's pressing me to watch Heros. She says it's not a drama.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:29 pm
Heros is ok.
I wouldn't reccomend an anime lover to watch it though.
It is the opposite of anime>,< It's ike a DC comic book brought to live.
Ichigo VS. Superman! Who would win?  

Mushi Fuki

Blizzard198
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:36 pm
Anime is teh bomb!!!!!!!!!!!! burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:40 pm
shadow0wolf1211
It does! AFter I watch an anime, I cannot believe how corny and stupid TV dramas are! They make me gag. Although my friend's pressing me to watch Heros. She says it's not a drama.

i gotta say that personally i kinda half hate half agree with your sig pic.

I understand what you're saying about execs and everything but honestly, if you're watching your anime on saturday morning cartoons it's your own fault.

There are hundreds of different ways to get uncensored, unedited anime, both legally and not.

You may not be the age they're shooting for when it comes to Saturday morning cartoons... and you can't fault them for wanting to put a product out there that's for that age bracket.

Now shows like Naruto, I get not wanting them to edit it, and maybe showing it at a later hour uncensored or something, but can we all agree that watching the american version is a huge mistake now anyway, since the casting is terrible, and the lady who does the voice of Naruto is as annoying looking as she is sounding. (don't believe me go watch the video in teh cinema.. she's so dumb looking)

anyway yeah get your fansubs or buy DVDs... don't expect execs to change because frankly, you're not their target audience.  

DJ Kent Aron

Pandan Waffles

Tipsy Tipper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:46 am
Anime is cool. Im suck an anime freak. Cause Ive watched over 500 sereies of anime xd  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:31 pm
ihungryboi
Anime is cool. Im suck an anime freak. Cause Ive watched over 500 sereies of anime xd

are you lying to seem cool? Or is this a joke?

500 series? With the average series being about 20 episodes in length, at 20 minutes each, that means you've spent 3,333 HOURS watching anime and you're only 16 years old...

now with the factors being that you're in high school, that takes out 6 hours of your day, plus home work, plus eating, sleeping, not being home for whatever else, and the fact that if that's all you watched then you wouldn't really know about anything else in the world, you HAVE to be lying...

so please... stop.  

DJ Kent Aron

Kurokaen Tsukiko

Friendly Vampire

4,900 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:07 am
Mushi Fuki
Heros is ok.

Ichigo, of course... DC comics suck razz

DJ Kent Aron

I understand what you're saying about execs and everything but honestly, if you're watching your anime on saturday morning cartoons it's your own fault.

There are hundreds of different ways to get uncensored, unedited anime, both legally and not.

You may not be the age they're shooting for when it comes to Saturday morning cartoons... and you can't fault them for wanting to put a product out there that's for that age bracket.

Now shows like Naruto, I get not wanting them to edit it, and maybe showing it at a later hour uncensored or something, but can we all agree that watching the american version is a huge mistake now anyway, since the casting is terrible, and the lady who does the voice of Naruto is as annoying looking as she is sounding. (don't believe me go watch the video in teh cinema.. she's so dumb looking)

anyway yeah get your fansubs or buy DVDs... don't expect execs to change because frankly, you're not their target audience.

Actually... I like the sig... for the longest time that was the ONLY anime I had access too... I actually quit watching any anime cause I couldn't watch the americanized crap anymore...

Until recent years, anime has never been available streaming online. Until recently, downloads were hard to find unless you already knew where to go. Trust me, I've looked. I have not many friends who like anime, and for the longest time I had no access to the internet to buy or download anime. The internet wasn't such a hot "everyone has it" thing when I was growing up, so americanized TV crap was all I had.

I'm rewatching a lot of shows I grew up watching on TV and finding missing episodes, missing scenes, poorly translated dialog where censors have found it neccesary to change things...

I understand that most anime put out on american TV (esp. on Sat Morn.) is not targeted to an adult age range, but most of the anime there originally was for older veiwers and "dumbed down" for american youth. But then don't get me started about our censors for our own television and movies... I think American TV is too "dumbed down" to begin with...

I would like to see some good anime, uncut and untampered with available to the general public... and Adult Swim doesn't count... :p

even though its more readily available now, I still can't agree with it because it wasn't always like that. And I am an adult now... Just becaue I can do whatever I want now, doesn't mean that there aren't others in what used to be my position now... no ready access to internet whenever they want to watch anime, not allowed to order things from online like DVDs, not allowed to go to conventions to get anime... It sucks, but the stuff on TV sucks more.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:48 am
Anime rules! usely when i have seen a episode of a anime, i always start to draw manga or anime charactors of anime i have seen or from the anime i am seeing 3nodding  

Thorit_Akatsuki

DJ Kent Aron

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:36 pm
Kurokaen Tsukiko
Mushi Fuki
Heros is ok.

Ichigo, of course... DC comics suck razz

DJ Kent Aron

Actually... I like the sig... for the longest time that was the ONLY anime I had access too... I actually quit watching any anime cause I couldn't watch the americanized crap anymore...

Until recent years, anime has never been available streaming online. Until recently, downloads were hard to find unless you already knew where to go. Trust me, I've looked. I have not many friends who like anime, and for the longest time I had no access to the internet to buy or download anime. The internet wasn't such a hot "everyone has it" thing when I was growing up, so americanized TV crap was all I had.

I'm rewatching a lot of shows I grew up watching on TV and finding missing episodes, missing scenes, poorly translated dialog where censors have found it neccesary to change things...

I understand that most anime put out on american TV (esp. on Sat Morn.) is not targeted to an adult age range, but most of the anime there originally was for older veiwers and "dumbed down" for american youth. But then don't get me started about our censors for our own television and movies... I think American TV is too "dumbed down" to begin with...

I would like to see some good anime, uncut and untampered with available to the general public... and Adult Swim doesn't count... :p

even though its more readily available now, I still can't agree with it because it wasn't always like that. And I am an adult now... Just becaue I can do whatever I want now, doesn't mean that there aren't others in what used to be my position now... no ready access to internet whenever they want to watch anime, not allowed to order things from online like DVDs, not allowed to go to conventions to get anime... It sucks, but the stuff on TV sucks more.

Wow... i'm wondering where you grew up...

When i was growing up, and i'm only 2 years younger than you, i was watching un edited DBZ (i was 10) and Escaflowne. I also rented a lot of stuff from my video store.... I can't really think of any anime that when i was growing up was edited... i mean i saw Akira when i was 12, same with Ghost in the Shell... and before that i had tapes of Voltron, Starblazers Battle of the Planets and several other shows...

I don't know about American TV being so censored. I mean the TV shows i watch are pretty damn brutal... my favorite American shows right now are Dexter, n**/Tuck, The Shield...

Doesn't get much more brutal than those...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:04 pm
DJ Kent Aron
ihungryboi

500 series? With the average series being about 20 episodes in length, at 20 minutes each, that means you've spent 3,333 HOURS watching anime and you're only 16 years old...

now with the factors being that you're in high school, that takes out 6 hours of your day, plus home work, plus eating, sleeping, not being home for whatever else, and the fact that if that's all you watched then you wouldn't really know about anything else in the world, you HAVE to be lying...

so please... stop.

yes I have watched pretty much 500 series of episodes. I cant believe u actually calculated how many hrs it would take. I do all my homework at school cause its a piece of cake.

eating takes me only 10 mins. I only eat about 3 times a day. showers are 5-7 min. I sleep about 6 hrs a day. I cant go anywhere else except stay home cause I STILL DONT HAVE A CAR and my parents are out 12 hrs a day from morning till night working. I hardly go anywhere but of course I do know alot about the World.

School teaches about it DUH. i rarely hang out with friends except at school. So im not dumb. Ive watched anime for about 5-6 yrs now. so it is definitely possible to watch 3333 HOURS of anime with hours still left over.

and school actually takes 8 hrs stupid...  

Pandan Waffles

Tipsy Tipper

Kurokaen Tsukiko

Friendly Vampire

4,900 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:53 pm
DJ Kent Aron
Wow... i'm wondering where you grew up...

When i was growing up, and i'm only 2 years younger than you, i was watching un edited DBZ (i was 10) and Escaflowne. I also rented a lot of stuff from my video store.... I can't really think of any anime that when i was growing up was edited... i mean i saw Akira when i was 12, same with Ghost in the Shell... and before that i had tapes of Voltron, Starblazers Battle of the Planets and several other shows...

I don't know about American TV being so censored. I mean the TV shows i watch are pretty damn brutal... my favorite American shows right now are Dexter, n**/Tuck, The Shield...

Doesn't get much more brutal than those...

Well, besides being in the middle of BFE Ohio growing up... I remember some Sailor Moon, Ronin Warriors, Dragon Ball (the original - I don't remember DBZ or GT ever being on broadcast), and HALF of Escaflowne... it was never finished on network television... later years they started airing stuff like pokemon and digimon... None of the others you've mentioned have been on TV in my area as far as my recollection goes... cable TV doesn't count... I didn't have nor do I now have cable television...

Most rental places don't even have anime around here and most they do have is lame, like pokemon or avatar. The library in Circleville which was just expanded actually has anime in but its not much and was just added quite recently... For me, anime wasn't something I could hop online and download, or walk down to the local Wal*Mart and buy a cassette or DVD. It was broadcast television or nothing. Which is prolly why those few I got to watch and liked, I sorta obsessed over. Me and my sis both crowded in front of the computer to FINALLY finish Escaflowne when I found it online.

I'm not sure what all is on network television now, but I don't really watch much Sat. Morn. cartoons anymore... they're much to stupid for me to handle anymore... For the most part, I watch a couple of prime time shows during the week, and spend the rest watching anime online...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:50 pm
ihungryboi
DJ Kent Aron
ihungryboi

so please... stop.

yes I have watched pretty much 500 series of episodes. I cant believe u actually calculated how many hrs it would take. I do all my homework at school cause its a piece of cake.

eating takes me only 10 mins. I only eat about 3 times a day. showers are 5-7 min. I sleep about 6 hrs a day. I cant go anywhere else except stay home cause I STILL DONT HAVE A CAR and my parents are out 12 hrs a day from morning till night working. I hardly go anywhere but of course I do know alot about the World.

School teaches about it DUH. i rarely hang out with friends except at school. So im not dumb. Ive watched anime for about 5-6 yrs now. so it is definitely possible to watch 3333 HOURS of anime with hours still left over.

whatever you say at this point is going to have to be a lie...

you're basically saying that you spend every single hour of your day that's free watching anime.

You must be going to a continuation school or taking basic classes if at 16 you're able to do all your homework at home.. i refuse to believe you can take classes like trig or physics and be doing all the work in class. Or your school is just terrible... there could be that.... good luck getting in to college...

dude... you don't have to lie to seem cool... I'm a grown man i own my own house, i finished college, i have a great job, and i make a lot of money, and i work from home... I have anime playing all day... I download fansubs constantly, and i buy DVDs every single tuesday, but even I with 8 years on you, constant free time and basically an unlimited fun of cash, haven't seen 500 FULL seasons of anime... and i've been watching since i was 4 when i got Voltron Tapes for x-mas....

so dude knock it off.  

DJ Kent Aron

Pandan Waffles

Tipsy Tipper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:14 pm
DJ Kent Aron
ihungryboi
DJ Kent Aron
ihungryboi

so please... stop.

whatever you say at this point is going to have to be a lie...

you're basically saying that you spend every single hour of your day that's free watching anime.

You must be going to a continuation school or taking basic classes if at 16 you're able to do all your homework at home.. i refuse to believe you can take classes like trig or physics and be doing all the work in class. Or your school is just terrible... there could be that.... good luck getting in to college...

dude... you don't have to lie to seem cool... I'm a grown man i own my own house, i finished college, i have a great job, and i make a lot of money, and i work from home... I have anime playing all day... I download fansubs constantly, and i buy DVDs every single tuesday, but even I with 8 years on you, constant free time and basically an unlimited fun of cash, haven't seen 500 FULL seasons of anime... and i've been watching since i was 4 when i got Voltron Tapes for x-mas....

so dude knock it off.

I am not stupid just so u know. And i go to a regular high school just like pretty much everyone else does. I currently have the highest grade in my Physics class and am already past trig. im not in any honors classes so that means Im in regular classes which is why homework is so easy.  
Anime/Manga

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff