Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
Twilight the T.V. Series Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think would be more awesome?
  Twilight the Movie
  Twilight the T.V. Series
  Both!
  GOLD!
View Results

xxAlicexCullenxx

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:22 am
Which would you like more a Twilight Movie or (in my opinion, the much better idea) Twilight the T.V. Series?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:03 pm
I'd prefer a movie, because they might stick to the original book more. If they tried to make it into a TV series, they'd probably make it into a stupid comedy. They could ruin the movie, too, but I think a TV show wouldn't be a good idea. They'd run out of material and have to add. And I'd be mad... Plus, it would probably not have as high a budget as a movie so they couldn't make Edward sparkle as well as they could with a high budget and all those other small things that would just bug the HECK out of me.

*done rambling*  

PurpleViolinist

Dong Wook Choi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:25 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
If I had to pick, I'd rather they made a movie over a TV series. With a TV series they might just add all this extra crap since they have at least 26 episodes to work with
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:08 pm
yes, but they could do a chapter an episode
i think they'd both be good
but i'd prefer to read it
better for the mind
xp
i'm a nerd  

xbookxwormx

Akayaa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:40 pm
PurpleViolinist
I'd prefer a movie, because they might stick to the original book more. If they tried to make it into a TV series, they'd probably make it into a stupid comedy. They could ruin the movie, too, but I think a TV show wouldn't be a good idea. They'd run out of material and have to add. And I'd be mad... Plus, it would probably not have as high a budget as a movie so they couldn't make Edward sparkle as well as they could with a high budget and all those other small things that would just bug the HECK out of me.

*done rambling*

I agree.. I think that they would ruin it if it was a t.v series. They could stick to the book more if it was a movie.
If it was a t.v series, they would have to add stuff that wasn't in the book to make each show have some kind of plot to keep people interested. They would totally ruin it.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:32 pm
I don't know. Even IF they add some new topics to the H.T.V. series* it might work out great. I completely agree on the low budget idea. They wouldn't make Edward as amazing as he really is. However, IF (there are sooo many of those) they made a Twilight H.T.V. series* it could put a new perspective on the book, they may even throw Steph. a bone and let her have some say. OR- another idea- a FAN based web show would be just FANtastic (I know super bad pun.) At least that would be okay. I'm sorry but, I'm always so disappointed by Hollywood. It lied to me. WHY HOLLYWOOD WHY?! Kay I'm back. I really would just love it if there could be both.

*= Hypothetical Television Series  

xxAlicexCullenxx

Max 614

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:36 pm
id really perfer neither, just cause theyd get the characters all wrong
(just wanted 2 post something different from what the other ppl were saying)  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:45 pm
Well for some books it does work when they make a TV series over a movie. Like..gossip Girl for example. Since that series has so many books that are really short, it's better to make a series in which each episode has a different story and still kind of (ish) sticks to the story.

with a book like Twilight, it's one big book and everything is connected so it'd be hard to fit things into a one hour episode each week without making it seem...um..I don't know the word. But do you guys see what I'm saying?  

KiraLight
Crew

Black_Rose10

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:27 pm
xbookxwormx
yes, but they could do a chapter an episode
i think they'd both be good
but i'd prefer to read it
better for the mind
xp
i'm a nerd
I aggree! >.<  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:10 pm
[~+~]

I'm pretty much saying what others have said. xD

But, i think the movie is much better. Especially as they're making one anyway. x3

But. If they made it a TV series, i think it should still stick with the books. I mean, i know of a few that have managed to do that, they just made as many episodes as there were books.
Such as The Dresden Files, which were brilliant. I think they made 6 episodes.

But as there's only 4 books, they'd probably split it, and knowing some of the idiots that make TV shows these days, they'd ruin it.
D:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Empty Spiral

somethingawesomeXX

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:25 pm
i prefer reading really  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:39 pm
Empty Spiral
[~+~]

I'm pretty much saying what others have said. xD

But, i think the movie is much better. Especially as they're making one anyway. x3

But. If they made it a TV series, i think it should still stick with the books. I mean, i know of a few that have managed to do that, they just made as many episodes as there were books.
Such as The Dresden Files, which were brilliant. I think they made 6 episodes.

But as there's only 4 books, they'd probably split it, and knowing some of the idiots that make TV shows these days, they'd ruin it.
D:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I agree completely.
And I wanna watch the Dresden Files.
I've read 4 of the books.

OpalGirl

7,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Generous 100
  • Voter 100

soy_sawce

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:39 pm
If I had to pick between a Twilight movie or a Twilight TV Series I would definitely pick the movie. I think it's better off a movie than a tv series for many reasons. One it would probably stick to the story more than the tv series. And there's more but I think everyone pretty much said them.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:42 pm
I'd say, first do a sieries and then do a movie. Like they do with Inuyasha or fullmetal alchemist.  

Loveless in the Twilight

xXx Dawn in the Dusk xXx

3,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:06 pm
Yeah, I pretty much agree with everyone else. A TV series would probably run out of stuff to put in the episodes. They could continue the storyline to New Moon, though. There's a suggestion.

But, the movie idea gives them more options to do stuff.

It's kinda hard to choose, but I would have to pick the movie.  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff