Submit

So you guys like vampires?
  Yes
  No
  Poll whore
View Results

Capn Cyrenaic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:53 pm
So here is where you can talk about vampires and the like... have fun.
O and while your at it check out my VJ of vamp vids if you want.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/games/launch.php?&g=vj&userId=9939502&playlistId=148115  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:44 pm
Asking a guild of goths if they like vampires is like asking someone if they like sex... it's kind of implied... (not saying that ALL goths like vampires, but not ALL people like sex, so it remains a valid comparison.)

And yes, I love vampires... Gimme blood b***h!  

Bloody Loon

Krys_Night

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:18 pm
^.^ i love vampires. I make it a point to read and or see everything that i can get my hands on.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:20 pm
Classic, decaying, monstrous ones? Yes.
Modern, attractive, angsty ones? ... No (with a few modern exceptions).

I'll take a look at your VJ, though.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Capn Cyrenaic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:44 am
Next time I go home I will post what this one book is called. It is my favorite book about Dracula. It talks about the real man (Vlad the Impaler), speculations about how it got started, ancient vampire lore, the modern films, and how they all tie together. It really is quite amazing.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:16 am
I like vampires how they are represented in Blade or the original World of Darkness. But Anne Rice style, girly looking rage boys with an obsession with leather, just don't cut it for me.  

Rellik San
Crew

Capn Cyrenaic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:48 am
SO far there is no real type or style of vampire portrayal that I don't like to some extent. I really love lost boys though 80's-90's vamps lol. Anyway what is the most appealing thing about vampires to you?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:40 am
yay to vampires!!!  

xdemonicallyxyours13x

ObsessionIsSuchAnUglyWord

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:21 pm
I love vampires. That's why my favorite book is a vampire romance. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:55 pm
vampires are cool, I read the 3 Vampire Kisses books
those were cool, though they were kinda chick style sweatdrop  

Kyru Sadaki

The Canady Man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:18 pm
Hm... vampires. It's only one of my favorite subjects. One of my favourite series was Buffy, and I think the Blade Trilogy is kick-a**-tacular. I don't know why the subject of vampires is so appealing to me. Actually, there is a book that covers a bunch of different subjects, including vampires and Dracula. I think its title is 'Encyclopedia Horrifica'. Chances are a lot of you have heard of it, no?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:23 pm
Rellik San
I like vampires how they are represented in Blade or the original World of Darkness. But Anne Rice style, girly looking rage boys with an obsession with leather, just don't cut it for me.
I'm the same.

Deleted Accnt

-Isel-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:26 pm
I'm beginning to tire of the whole thing, actually.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:53 am
-Isel-
I'm beginning to tire of the whole thing, actually.
True, isn't this like the 5th topic in the past fortnight about this?  

Rellik San
Crew

Lord Charlemain Richards

Thirteenth Lover

12,825 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:16 am
Hmm.... I know that there are some of you who are going to think less of me because of this, but here's my take on it.
I like girly-boy vampires, let's call them toreador, but not angsty vampires. I don't think one is required to be the other. I mean, yes, there is alot of pretty angsty vampires; but very often their attractiveness comes entirely from appearence and not personality, and since vampires are the opitomdy, in my mind, at least, of having a sexy affect; the playgirl models as vampires just doesn't make sense to me. I mean, yes, of course not everyone who turns is a frail goth girl with ebody curls, but that is still the image that comes to mind when one thinks of attractive vampires.

And what was that book... it was supposed to be a modern vampire romance... oh, yeah; Twilight. SUCKED! and not the way most vampires do. I did not like the way vampires worked in that universe. They could go into sunlight, they just shone like jewels. That sucked. I mean, what's the point of not going into the sun if it's not going to destroy you?

But then again, I like the idea of vampires as sex symbols, so it's not suprising that I prefer the pretty type of vampires. The nosferatu type Oh, dear god I forgot to finish this paragraph! *beats self into wall to create hole to hide in shame*
are anything but.
Nosferatu are replusive. They are designed to be so. They are far closer to the general idea of monsters then most other kinds of vampires, and... and... I'm sorry, I'm too embarassed about leaving this paragraph hanging to collect my thoughts properly.
Ehem.
The nosferatu type of vampire is more a monster than other types. I don't like it nearly as much.

But I've got to say I've got a predisposition towards Malcavians. That's the fricken crazy ones; for those of you who don't play Vampire and have no idea what I'm talking about. Boy I'm rambling with all the pretty words.
Anyway, I guess the point I was trying to make about the Malcavians is that I like the idea of vampires being attractive, and I don't like the idea of them being mournful and all "Eeek, I kill people to live; I'm a monster! I hate myself. Whine whine. Who called me emo?" , which often goes with the being attractive.

However, the attractive vampire without regret is not the most frequently used kind. The last time I can actually remember seeing one (outside of stories written by people I know) was in Dracula the Chamber Musical. That was such a good show.
Remember, kiddies. Thinking that Dracula is a sex symbol does not make you gay; just observent.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff