Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Does NO ONE go to the art/poetry/literature section? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do You?
  Yes, I think that artists need attention too.
  No way! That place reeks of creative freedom!
  I didn't really notice it until now, thanks for pointing it out.
  Ima poll whore... NOw gimme my gold or you'll get Pollorrhea
View Results

Bloody Loon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:32 pm
I post there as many times as I can, and there are quite a few things I want comments on, but what about everyone else! That section should be paid attention to more, mainly because it helps either boost the artist's self esteem, or allow them to fix certain errors.

Please, support the starving artists in the guild, and give them the thing they need most: ATTENTION!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:34 pm
If your a starving artist, shouldn't you be hassling Charles Satchii or selling your talent to the highest bidder, as opposed to wanting attention for work on the net that someone could steal unless you watermark and understand digital copyright laws. ^^

Just my thoughts on the matter. biggrin  

Rellik San
Crew

Bloody Loon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:39 pm
I used starving artists as an exaggeration, basically it's just saying give it attention... maybe not the best way though, heheh. X3  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:51 pm
Hehehe, just thought I'd give you a flash of the reality of artistic attention. ^^  

Rellik San
Crew

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:58 am
A few reasons that people don't use the Artist's subforum-

1) While we have some very talented people in our guild, a solid bulk of what's brought forth in the Artist subforum isn't very good. Many people don't want to take the time going through another vampire poem or another "Black-winged angel in chains" anime drawing.

2) Of all the forums (save for Extended Discussion), it requires the most attention. It's not a "I can post when I see the title, without reading the OP" type forum. In order to comment on writing or art, you have to seriously consider it.

3) Some people don't use the subforums at all.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:43 am
.....every piece of poetry has some credibility though...if its someones first time at poetry, they will usually write something that isn't well made, but has a deep meaning to them.....when no one posts a comment (or posts a coment about how crappy it is rather than encouragement, especially when taking into consideration that they are new at writing) they become put off, so they don't wish to write or post.....

......The poetry section of Gaia in general is atrocious......they discredit many well written poetry that have darker beauty, and appraise lighter themed ones which have little to offer.....it astounds me....

......so much of the poetry has much to offer, and often times unique pieces are just tossed in with the generalized poetry based on its title, or topic, rather than on the quality or intrinsic values that lie within the poetry......

.....I tend to be a little soft when I judge, but to me it is fair because people will not be masters unless they are given the time to create their own style......so they shouldn't be compared to masters of poetry until that time.....They should be judged based on their level of writing and thought, without any bias, and encouraged to make the leap from their current writings to that they wish to become.......

.......lets make a deal.....everyone who comes to this post must contribute their view of poetical/ artistic judgement as well as either post or contribute a new entry to the poetry/ art/ literature sections of the guild.....  

OverlordMMM

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:43 am
Very well then, I feel especially on art, people are too kind, judgment should be made, not on what one was trying to convey, but on technical ability, as at the end of the day, only those with a technical and deeper understanding of art will be able to create a true master peice.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:13 pm
Yay! I made a discussion of worth... Heheh. But yeah, I normally critique harshly, but give suggestions on how it can be improved. I will say to someone that there needs to be work here, or work there, but generally I'm polite about it.  

Bloody Loon

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:11 pm
I go in there and read sometimes but I just don't like most of what's in there.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:59 pm
Quite frankly I don't like anything I've seen in there. I would like to post some of mine, but I'm afraid I wouldn't get any good critiques considering I've not seen any poems with decent imagery or poetic devices of their own yet.  

Sharing Heartbeats

The_Super_Nintenho

Rogue

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:43 pm
I would but it just didn't seem active in the first place, and really I don't see much being posted up there. I like to show my art, but personally I rather have people go to my DA for that. I'm not a real sub forum fan either.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:36 am
i have my post in there with all my art work(and my DA account link) and yeah while 90% of what goes in there is all the same garbage i actually put mystuff up there fr crituiqing(sp?) and i would love to have some to better my work before i submit it into art schools, because frankly im sick of the ongoing" its so great , omg you're so good, i wish i can do that" kinda comments of course they are welcome as they are nice and all but i really am looking for ways to better the art i have and to get some new ideas and techniqes for newer peices.  

xX x0mbie Xx

Angel Bruja

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:43 pm
I go into that forum. Sometimes I comment, sometimes I just read. It depends.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:47 am
I've been lurking in there.  

Melainis

Thirteenth Codger

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items