Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Sims 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Great place to share/show your creations and meet other TS2 fans! 

Tags: Sims2, Simulation, Maxis, Electronic Arts, Social Bunny 

Reply The Sims 2 Help
URGENT! (solved)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did my game crash for good ?
  yes
  no
  maybe
  dont care
View Results

homicidal-duck-tape

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:57 am
Ok so i dowloaded some sims lots on the offical sims website. Then i started playing it was good and stuff but i go on today and its says something about Custom Content if i wanted to enable or disable it. I put disanble cuz i didnt know what it was. Then the game started to act funny. Slower then usual,Sims/strays not leaving,comands being deleted before they even got to the top left corner. And they started to complain that there was no door/anyway to get out. but they were standing right next to one. I had to move them around with moveobjects on, My sims for somereason wont leave ( guest sim) and i think he died saying there was no door. T.T...Then it wouldnt even play Live Mode, it just froze and if i Paused it then it would take a good 10 minutes.

please help i dont know what to do u.u  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:30 pm
The custom content dialog pops up asking if you want to enable or disable content every time you play your game (if you have custom content) unless you disable it in the options menu. I can't remember which menu, you just have to check around. It says something about Custom Content Dialog Box.

Normally disabling custom content won't crash your game. Most CC just reverts back to whatever it was cloned from or in the case of clothes and hair some random maxis outfit. But if you disabled something the game needed-- like say you had inteen and a teen was pregnant-- that would mess with your game.

Next time you start your game and that box pops up, select "enable" and see if your game plays.

Banana-nana

nerdyninja

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:40 pm
With Bananna  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:40 am
Banana-nana
Next time you start your game and that box pops up, select "enable" and see if your game plays.
What she said smile  

Markyeo

The Sims 2 Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces