Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
How do i get this cute drama/computer geek to like me?!?! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MiaIkumis#1Fan

Dapper Dabbler

7,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:12 pm
how do i get a geeky guy to like me????

seriously, ive had a crush on him since the beginning of the school year, and hes a drama/computer geek who seems like my perfect match personality wise! we love a lot of the same stuff and hes so sweeet and never curses and is religious!! were good friends now and hang out after school a lot!!! theres even this rumor going around we're dating! (but we're not! sad )

HOWEVER, he (im guessing) has never had a girl like him before, so when i tried to flirt he didnt even realize it!!!!! and when i asked him how he felt about all the rumors of us dating he thought it was bothering me!!!! grrr....

HOW CAN I GET HIM TO NOTICE MY FEELINGS ME WITHOUT MAKING THINGS WEIRD?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?! crying

(yes. i am getting VERY desperate/sad. I'm even starting to... procrastinate from homework! :O SOMEONE HELP!!)

IM NOT ASKING TO MAKE HIM LIKE ME!! i just want to find out if he likes me... or maybe just to have him be ok with my feelings or something... (GAH! I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT IM ASKING FOR HELP WITH EXACTLY!!!! crying )  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:33 am
if your right and he's never had a girl like him you have to defeat that with the strait and to you obvious truth. write him an e-mail if you can't talk to him but make it painstakingly clear that you like him.. ie say it in those exact words. i like you and i was hoping you might feel the same. maybe we could go out some time. if they've given up having a girl like them then they don't look for the signs and you have to tell them flat out  

hopping05

MiaIkumis#1Fan

Dapper Dabbler

7,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:25 am
hopping05
if your right and he's never had a girl like him you have to defeat that with the strait and to you obvious truth. write him an e-mail if you can't talk to him but make it painstakingly clear that you like him.. ie say it in those exact words. i like you and i was hoping you might feel the same. maybe we could go out some time. if they've given up having a girl like them then they don't look for the signs and you have to tell them flat out
i was thinking of doing that... so i wrote him a letter confessing my feelings...

ONLY TO HAVE THIS GIRL WHO WENT TO HIS MIDDLE SCHOOL TELL ME IN HIS RELIGION HE CANT DATE UNTIL HES 16!!!! >< gah! even if he DOES like me he wont even say anything for two years... T-T

(should i wait with the letter then? one of my friends said give it to him on his 16th birthday... but thats in two years... so i was thinking valentines day... but i dont know... i wish i could just email it, but the school i go to keeps tabs on what we send in our email >< my life is getting WAY too much like a shojo drama...)  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:04 pm
Hrm. Well, in that type of situation, I would still give him the letter... or perhaps write a new one... or simply tell him that you like him, and you know that his religion won't allow him to date for another two years and that you respect that... that you just felt that you needed to tell him how you feel, if for nothing else, your own sanity. At worst he might get a little freaked out, but most of the nerdy guys that I know come around eventually once they get past the shell shock.  

bleedingreality

Machine Deity

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:50 pm
Okay.

The best situation is to walk up to him;

Confess your feelings towards him;

proceed to talk to him;

Don't trust the friend by the way, she may like him too and might want you out of the picture so that you can't get him;

If it is true, about the religion, then say you respect him and then the best situation is to wait for two years. Or move on.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:37 pm
I can tell you from experience that it generally doesn't pay off to wait and see if he'll do anything. Especially if he is a bit inexperienced in the ways of relationships.

The question you have to ask yourself is, are you willing to risk that things will get weird? Is the chance to be more than friends with him worth potential awkwardness? If it is worth it then go for it! Tell him how you feel and see if he's interested. Take charge. Good luck! heart

Sadie Skittles

MiaIkumis#1Fan

Dapper Dabbler

7,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:47 pm
okay, last night i went to the school dance (my first real dance!!!), but my friend (another girl) who i was supposed to meet up with canceled because it started to rain and she lives pretty far away so her mom wouldnt let her come.

Anyway, the guy I like was there too (but only because he missed his bus). Neither of us really danced because the music sucked. And neither of us were going to eat anything because it was too expensive (and im not that into junk food). So... we hung outside and just... talked. And he let me listen to his MP3 player with him (finally good music!) and we talked some more and laughed and had fun.

Then it started to rain again, and both of us, bein the weird-nerdy people we are, walked around in the rain a little, and then we sat down on the benches. And I told him... "I kinda...um... i like you..."

and then he told me, "i like you too..."

and then we talked some more, and we decided that we wait for his sixteenth birthday... however, i am still free to date other boys, and he's okay with that.

IM SO HAPPY I CANT STOP SMILING MY DAD THINKS SOMETHINGS WRONG WITH ME BUT IM SO HAPPY IT WORKED IT WORKED TELLING HIM WORKED!!!! blaugh heart heart heart

thanks everyone for the advice!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:58 pm
Okay, I don't mean to sound cycnical or crush your hopes, but have you ever considered the fact that he's gay? I mean, there is always that possibility, but if you know that he's 100% (maybe 99%) not, then he's a geek--of course he's never had a girl like him... :sigh: It's the way things are (thanks to the status quo... damn it...) But I'm sure that'll you'll click together soon enough. Just be blunt and tell you how much you like him. Don't beat around the bush, be direct! Take what you want! Carpe Omni!!! biggrin  

The Seasick Sailor

Benevolent Lunatic

7,850 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

MiaIkumis#1Fan

Dapper Dabbler

7,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:35 pm
Sensual Enigma Tourmaline
Okay, I don't mean to sound cycnical or crush your hopes, but have you ever considered the fact that he's gay? I mean, there is always that possibility, but if you know that he's 100% (maybe 99%) not, then he's a geek--of course he's never had a girl like him... :sigh: It's the way things are (thanks to the status quo... damn it...) But I'm sure that'll you'll click together soon enough. Just be blunt and tell you how much you like him. Don't beat around the bush, be direct! Take what you want! Carpe Omni!!! biggrin
umm... i already told him... and i know hes not gay...

hes really religious... and thats against his religion... so hes not... plus he said he likes me...  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:07 pm
MiaIkumis#1Fan
hopping05
i was thinking of doing that... so i wrote him a letter confessing my feelings...

ONLY TO HAVE THIS GIRL WHO WENT TO HIS MIDDLE SCHOOL TELL ME IN HIS RELIGION HE CANT DATE UNTIL HES 16!!!! >< gah! even if he DOES like me he wont even say anything for two years... T-T

(should i wait with the letter then? one of my friends said give it to him on his 16th birthday... but thats in two years... so i was thinking valentines day... but i dont know... i wish i could just email it, but the school i go to keeps tabs on what we send in our email >< my life is getting WAY too much like a shojo drama...)

I can't stand some shojo dramas...the girl is usually really whiney...some are OK but yeah...
but that's beside the point...

wait what releigion is he? O.o

you should ask a friend to ask him ^.^

tell them to pull him aside or something and tell them to say something like
"Hey I see the two of you together a lot, do you like her or something?"

trust me it works ^.^

I've had my friend do it for me once...only to find out his reaction was "ewww no way, we're just friends >.<"
oh well...he was a jerk anyway...dunno why I liked him...

Carmondomon

xXx_Onii-san_xXx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:13 am
hrm... so if you both are 14, you should really be worried about gettign cooties than a relationship. it's too young. and i don't care if you listen to my adive, but I know what I'm saying this from the heart. My first heartbreak was when I was 13, and it was to someone, just like you. i'm now 20. I hate that first love i ever let myself to have. she f***ed with my head, and really messed me up. you should also be worried about school, and having a life. Relationships are a b***h. they are much trouble, there's money involved, the drama is too much, etc etc.. but if you want to persue him.. being a geek myself, you have to go head-on into it. BUT DON'T SCARE HIM! you manage to do that, you'll loose him forever. calmly ask hm if he wants to like, say go to a movie or do something afterscoool. it's going to be akward at first, because I don't reckon that you are into what he's into, but give it a chance. if things go good, start getting into what he's into. when you do that, you'll learn alot more about him, and eventually you'll grow comfortable around him. then that's when you make the "attack". if you do eerything right, and you've got him wrapped around your little finger, then he will fall in love with you no problem at all. hahaha... goodluck. you should keep in contact with me. I promise I won't let you down. I've been able to keep a 2 year mariage together so far, so it means that I've done something right. lol  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:27 pm
ye...head on works, and you got to be prepared for it getting freaky.......my first gf cheated on me...i was forgiving...until she did it 3 more times.............and my second gf said that she liked someone else.....and that he liked her...........i'm not very good at keeping relationships....they usally cheat on me....... sad cry crying  

theholyest

Wealthy Fatcat

4,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

gothyk_knight

550 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:00 am
Quote:
I was thinking of doing that... so i wrote him a letter confessing my feelings...

Give him the letter. Tell him you don't want to ruin your friendship with him, but that you have feelings for him. You may not be able to date him for two years... but that doesn't mean you can't be friends. If you REALLY have feelings for him, and he likes you, too, then you won't mind waiting. Trust me, I was a part of a religion where I couldn't date until I was 16, but that didn't mean I couldn't have a girlfriend... I just wasn't able to go out on dates with them. It may not be the same for him, but you'll never know until you try. Do you want to wake up in 80 years and tell your friend that you were afraid to give a guy a letter, after all?

Just think about it. Nothing given, nothing gained. ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:02 am
Just read the post about your successful endevour. ^^ Well done, and congrats. ^^ Hopefully my prior post can still be put to good use, though. ^^ Have fun, kids.  

gothyk_knight

550 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Taylor_169

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:55 pm
DUH.
Ask him.
Be honest.  
8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games