Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Team Building Tourney [Come sign up!] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:38 am
Welcome! As the Wifi league has started, I feel as though members would like a break in the standard and boring battles. So I have created my own meta-game! There will be a 20k prize!

Basically, you will be able to choose your pokemon from a list I have made up. Your team will need to adapt to what you feel are the biggest threats. This will take some creativity and skill to pull off. YOU DO NOT NEED TO POST YOUR TEAM IN THIS THREAD! YOU CAN HAVE MORE THAN ONE TEAM!

This time around I will be able to provide any pokemon for breeding fodder, except for 4 gen pokemon. So if you need a Eevee, just ask me. I will bring up six of one species of pokemon each day and give them up for trade. This is also a prime oppurtunity to take advantage of the Pokesav threads popping up.

Depending on how many sign ups I recieve, this tourney may be double elimination.

Please note, if there is a pokemon that you think should be taken off, please let me know with a reason. If there is a pokemon you feel should be added, also please let me know. ALL REQUESTS WILL BE CONSIDERED.

1. Jonnnn
2. DarkslasherX
3. Fireyblaze2001
4.Solarboydjango

----------------------------------------

The List: (sorted by types)

Pidegeot
Wigglytuff
Ditto
Noctowl
Togetic
Girafarig
Dunsparce
Stantler
Linoone
Vigoroth
Exploud
Kecleon
Castform
Bibarel

Ninetails
Rapidash
Flareon
Camerupt
Torkoal

Kingler
Seaking
Omastar
Qwilifish
Octillery
Pelipper
Crawdaunt
Clamperl
Huntail
Gorbyss
Gastrodon

Tangela
Bellossom
Jumpluff
Sunflora
Shiftry
Snover
Carnivine
Leafeon

Megneton
Electrode
Lanturn
Ampharos
Manectric
Luxray
Rotom
Plusle
Minun
Dewgong
Jynx
Piloswine
Glalie
Glaceon

Primeape
Hitmonchan
Hitmontop
Blaziken
Hariyama
Toxicroak

Beedrill
Nidoqueen
Vileplume
Venemoth
Muk
Haunter
Ariados
Swalot
Skuntank

Sandslash
Golem
Onix
Marowak
Trapinch
Whiscash
Claydol
Hippopotas

Xatu
Yanma
Gligar
Altaria
Tropius

Kadabra
Hypno
Mr. Mime
Grumpig

Ledian
Shuckle

Corsola
Magcargo
Bastiodon
Sudowoodo
Banette
Dusclops

Houndoom
Sharpedo
Absol  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:41 am
Tourney starting date is pending. I will give AT LEAST one month.  

Jonnnn

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:51 pm
I'll sign up for this tourney.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:23 pm
I want in. And I think Azumarill should be on that list....  

Solar IXI

Harrison Richardson

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:48 pm
Wow that restrains alot. What? We can't use minun and plusle!?!? The suck alone so you should put them one there. Anyway Im in.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:28 pm
Fireyblaze000
Wow that restrains alot. What? We can't use minun and plusle!?!? The suck alone so you should put them one there. Anyway Im in.

I'll add them in.

django - Provide a reason and I'll consider it. smile

Thanks for signing up everyone!  

Jonnnn

Solar IXI

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:21 pm
Jonnnn
Fireyblaze000

I'll add them in.

Well, Azumarill is not that great but he's adorable and fun to play with.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:30 pm
solarboydjango2
Jonnnn
Fireyblaze000

I'll add them in.

Hmm, fine I'll approve him. Someone may contest it though, pure power hurts even OU.  

Jonnnn

The Veil

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:46 pm
VEIL SIGN IN!!! >:C  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:07 pm
Looks and sounds like fun. Count me in! 3nodding

... but what about Sableye? sweatdrop  

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:13 pm
Chaotix Bluix
Looks and sounds like fun. Count me in! 3nodding

... but what about Sableye? sweatdrop

No need for explanation, I'll add him in. I will update the first post when I get on my computer.

Currently on my Wii...

Thanks for joining guys!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:32 pm
Jonnnn
solarboydjango2
Jonnnn
Fireyblaze000

I'll add them in.

Hmm, fine I'll approve him. Someone may contest it though, pure power hurts even OU.

I oppose adding Azumarill, but Marill is fine. After crunching some numbers, I've figured out that Azumarill hits about as hard as a Groudon (before it uses Swords Dance). Ouch. Marill reaches a much more fair attack, comparable to that of max attack Crobat.

On that note, shouldn't Golbat be on this list? Crobat probably has too high a Speed to be considered, but Golbat can stand its own against many of the Pokémon on this list, and it's not overpowered.
I'd also like to see Mawile on the list. Even though it's Steel type and has a good Defense, it won't wall everything due to its three common weaknesses, and the fact that no matter what, just about any good Fire-type move user can KO it in one hit. It's also fun to play around with.  

darkslasherX
Crew

Solar IXI

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:42 pm
darkslasherX
Jonnnn
solarboydjango2
Jonnnn
Fireyblaze000

I'll add them in.

I oppose adding Azumarill, but Marill is fine. After crunching some numbers, I've figured out that Azumarill hits about as hard as a Groudon (before it uses Swords Dance). Ouch. Marill reaches a much more fair attack, comparable to that of max attack Crobat.

On that note, shouldn't Golbat be on this list? Crobat probably has too high a Speed to be considered, but Golbat can stand its own against many of the Pokémon on this list, and it's not overpowered.
I'd also like to see Mawile on the list. Even though it's Steel type and has a good Defense, it won't wall everything due to its three common weaknesses, and the fact that no matter what, just about any good Fire-type move user can KO it in one hit. It's also fun to play around with.

But Marill is not as adorable as Azumarill. Just because with his pokepower and the item I have him holding his attack is over 600, that means nothing.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:57 pm
Marill is now stapled. I applaud Darkslasher.

Mawile and Golbat are also approved. I made this list evaluating what people will want to use, what is just complete crap, and what is to overpowered. That is why I do not have pokemon such as Farfetch'd and the likes listed. If you intend on using something like this, just run it by me and I will almost always approve it. I just don't want all of the UU and NU tiers listed, nor do I want people asking me why Taillow is not listed.  

Jonnnn

Solar IXI

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:18 pm
T-T Now I have to go through the trouble of breeding another marill........ theres another 5 hours down the drain......  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff