Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Extended Discussion
Moral Justice? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dameon the -V-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:05 pm
I came to steal your heart away...
I came to steal your heart...

We have all seen people who thought they were doing the "right" thing by opposing someone who is being a "Tyrant" or a "Bully" but being a "Rebel" or "Renegade" any better than the "Tyrant" themselves? Is it just to be a "Freedom Fighter" and not Conforming to a society that promotes peace just as morally unsound? "Peace" has its own morality but what would it be like if there wasnt a "freedom fighter" or a radical "insurgant"?

(p.s.-I put it that way for a reason mobius so people would HAVE to compare them to realize the larger scale of the discussion)

...I walked away with a Soul Mate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:45 pm
I'm not sure i get the point.

Could you rewrite it with more ". ," And check if you missed some words?
Or just get a bit deeper into it?  

Milliani

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:18 am
Peace is just a word humans came up with to express an idealistic world. The only true peace a person can find in this world is doing what they want to do without fail. Those who rebel, those who defy... They've found their own peace. They are content. And there are varying degrees of all things as well. Some 'Freedom Fighters' conform to some societal components because they do not wish to rebel with the entire regime, because not all is flawed in their eyes. You compare the average Freedom Fighter with the hardcore one, and that is entirely unfair.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:00 pm
One man's insurgent is another man's freedom-fighter.
Good is very relative.
Peace, though, is something that most everyone strives for, even if it is merely on a personal scale.
b  

Bellabie

Dameon the -V-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:37 pm
But if we all have different Idea's of peace can peace agencies really be striving for peace or for there own sanctity (a.k.a. church)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:40 am
Peace, like all things, is in the eye of the beholder. Therefore all strive for the same goal while striving for a diffrent one (Oh, the delicious Balance of it all!). As for peace agencies, they may appear to be striving for peace, but thei true intentions are often quite the opposite. There needs to be strife for peace agencies to function. And one could argue cults are peace agencies, as well. Jim Jones made a form of peace, if you shall recall...  

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Dameon the -V-

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:35 am
Does this mean the idols of young people are just another form of brainwash to conform to a certain kind of "peace" (A.K.A. super hero's)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:16 am
Exactly.

And if you think that ideal of justice is f**ked up, watch/read Death Note. Justice indeed...  

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Master Clockfish

Dapper Millionaire

4,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:19 am
Mobius Nightshade

And if you think that ideal of justice is f**ked up, watch/read Death Note. Justice indeed...

But that's just a television show. It doesn't apply to real life.

And there are people out there who believe that by committing mass murder they're bringing about justice for whatever reason.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:19 pm
is it bad to say, then, that their is no such thing as peace---aside from it being an ideal---a way to balance?

>_O i dont think people will ever agree on what 'peace' or 'justice' is, beacuse we're all striving for something different. But we all want the satisfaction of knowing we did something 'right' and we're granted 'peace' from that action....

i think there is only peace, real peace, in death.

You can have peace in life, but its fleeting---true peace is when your dead. xD lol  

scintillio

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:26 pm
Damn straight.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:22 pm
I don't think that Death Note is justice, sir.
It is more than the equal and opposite.

I rather dislike status quo.
b  

Bellabie

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:50 pm
Don't we all? As the late Frank Sinatra said, 'That's life. That's what all the people say.'  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:14 pm
I don't think that there is always more due than the equal and opposite. The issue is, in this, that a crime committed has effects on others and, in compound situations as said, enforcement attempts to frighten people out of crime. This is not justice, it is law enforcement.
b  

Bellabie

Extended Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas