Reply Zombies. Seriously.
Sidearm(s) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OO23OO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:03 pm
What would your sidearm(s) of choice be in a zombie world?

I would choose a Beretta M9 and probably a STI Spartan 1911
Maybe throw a Glock 19 in there. The M9 and Glock for hi-cap magazine availability. (I live in NY)

Though, a revolver in .357 Magnum would be another good choice, because of its ability to take .38 Special.

What would you choose as a side arm?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:22 pm
i don't know much about guns but my Zombie Survival Guide(by max brooks)say's that a .22 is an ideal choice against the living dead. Something about how it ricochet inside the head tearing up the brain. Head shot's are the most ideal way to kill a zombie, or decapitation. Plus you can carry more ammo .  

-GP-ninja

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:20 pm
I would say the .22 as well if you've got some distance (rifle anyways) and the sound of a 22 just isn't as loud, and yes it's true the bullet would go in and bounce around which is why the Mafia used it in some executions because it was quiet and lethal as far as head shots went.. But I'd have to choose a .45 or perhaps... Barry Burton eat your heart out, .44 Magnum. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:18 am
I love my Ma's .22 Buckmark. There is no other sidearm for me.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Sabotabby

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:31 am
Aguila makes some .22 rounds that are quieter than normal ones but they don't eject when fired from my Trailside. I use them when dispatching birds early in the morning. Feathered poop machines.

For a side arm in any fighting I would go with what I practic with. Right now I'm carying a Sig P232 around here and Sig p239 when I leave the property. The p232 is a .380 (all my guns are loaded with hollow points) and the p239 is a 9mm.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:53 am
Go to the ED, and og to the threads labeled "Zombies v.2" They can explain everything, even if you only read the OP. [/thread whoring]  

uryu ishida

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:54 am
Sabotabby
Aguila makes some .22 rounds that are quieter than normal ones but they don't eject when fired from my Trailside. I use them when dispatching birds early in the morning. Feathered poop machines.

For a side arm in any fighting I would go with what I practic with. Right now I'm carying a Sig P232 around here and Sig p239 when I leave the property. The p232 is a .380 (all my guns are loaded with hollow points) and the p239 is a 9mm.
Those are Aquila Super Collibri (sp?) that only fire with the power of the primer's explosion. I could have that name wrong, but it is made by Aquila.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:10 am
xsv.ninja
i don't know much about guns but my Zombie Survival Guide(by max brooks)say's that a .22 is an ideal choice against the living dead. Something about how it ricochet inside the head tearing up the brain. Head shot's are the most ideal way to kill a zombie, or decapitation. Plus you can carry more ammo .

Max Brooks is a shithead who probably doesn't know the muzzle from the stock.

I'd go with a Beretta Px4 .40 S&W.
Or a USP in .40 S&W.  

lance vahari

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:47 pm
Sabotabby

just went to a gun show to get my christamass present Ruger 10/22RPFCARH, so I guess i have added one thing to my zombie survival check list.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:38 pm
Freak_090
Sabotabby

just went to a gun show to get my christamass present Ruger 10/22RPFCARH, so I guess i have added one thing to my zombie survival check list.

I wish I could get firearms as Christmas presents. Only way that would happen is if my Grandpa gave me one of his, or my uncle got a cheap one.  

lance vahari

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:56 pm
If I could find one I would want to get a UMP-45.
Even without the SHTF: Zombie moment happens, I'd love to get a semi-auto version.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:05 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

tokarov

-Fatal Desires-

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:42 pm
Beretta M9 all the way.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:30 pm
would a mini uzi be considered cheating?  

exploding-waffles

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:33 pm
exploding-waffles
would a mini uzi be considered cheating?
Cheating? No. Hideously wasteful? Yes.  
Zombies. Seriously.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces