Reply The Owl's Roost | Resources and Services |
Mentoring through PM?!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The 1K Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:14 am
Hi. I'm new to the guild, but that's not what this is about. I was hoping someone who is very knowledgeable would mentor me through PM's. The reason for this is, my parents don't much like my choice in religion. They won't let me go on pagan sites, read pagan books, have candles or any other tools, or anything that could be remotely pagan. They act this way, because my dad met this wonderful woman (which she is) and married her. She's super Christian though.

Things I'd like to learn:
-History of Wicca
-How to set up an altar
-How to construct a spell
-The God and Goddesses
-What colors, herbs, animals, days, months and seasons correlate with and what they're best for
-The correct way of casting a circle (I may have been studying for 4 years before I moved in with my step-mom and dad, but that doesn't mean I'm perfect)
-The correct way to call the corners (elements)
-The rituals that go with the sabbats
-Anything else you'd deem important

Thanks so much in advance. If you would like to help me out, please PM me or post in this forum. Thanks again and Blessed be.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:34 pm
bump  

The 1K Fairy

Starlock
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:34 am
I could assist with some of that (or you can just ask questions to everyone around here!) but I question going against what would be your parent's wishes. You'll always be able to investigate once you're of age and can move out. I really like to encourage people to read everything they can get their hands on because one person's perspective is never enough even if it is well-read. I am not Wiccan per se but am familiar with their basic system... at least the more mainstream form of Wicca that isn't oathbound and initiatory.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:39 pm
There are ways around your parents wishes that don't involve going straight to pagan sources, you can surf Wikipedia for information on the stuff like Wiccan history and the Deities but it won't give you much insight into how to put it into practice(although your gods may help you out with that if you were to ask them).

I'm sorry I can't be of much more use as I moved from Wiccan to pagan because I wasn't really heavy into the ritual bits(although I can cast basic stuff like shields and grounds but I learned that before discovering Wicca).  

loahnuh

The Owl's Roost | Resources and Services |

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff