Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Please help me with this scarf!! (knitting)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dark Yume

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:27 pm
OK, so I'm making a Full of Holes Scarf.
Here's a partial picture of what it's supposed to look like. >> http://www.knitgrrl.com/?p=291
Near the end of the row, I'm supposed to cast on 5 stitches using CCO, but there is still one or two stitches left on the left needle. After casting on, I have
7 sts on the left needle, and that's the end of the step. No bind off, no turn work over, nothing. Am I doing this wrong??  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:05 pm
can you post the directions just before and after it? I think then we can help.  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

Dark Yume

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:25 pm
Alright then, This is step five, and you start by CO 55 sts. It's where you start to make the holes.
Quote:

*Row 5: Bind off 5 sts, knit 3 , *bind off 6, knit3*. repeat from * 4 times, bind off 6, knit 1, then CCO 5.

This is as far as I've gotten.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:29 pm
Well, without seeing the pattern (book's winging its way to my library as we speak) I can only guess, but I'd say the CO is like chaining in crochet; you should turn for the next row.  

AriRashkae

Dark Yume

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:12 pm
Thanks guys, I figured it out: The next row calls for an SKP, so that takes care of the stitches I left behind. One more question though. When you cast on in the middle of a row, do you put the new stitch on the left or right needle?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:29 am
Depends on the pattern. If it's just a stitch or 2, I'll do a backwards loop on the R needle and keep going. If It's a lot of stitches, I'll knit CO them on the left, and then K them like normal.

Then again, most patterns give some kind of clue which would be better.  

AriRashkae

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff