Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Lavender Lounge .: Questions and Assistance :.
Yule Logs?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Amorpheous

Human Human

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:20 pm
Umm... A question. Do Pagans use Yule logs? I still attend my Christian Chruch because I'm part of an awesome handbell group and my mom doesn't know about my interest in Paganism. Well, to get to the point, we made Yule logs today in youth group instead of studying the bible, and I'm wondering if Pagans use Yule logs? Anywhere. In any ritual. At all.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:28 am
Some do. I can't remember off the top of my head where the log tradition came from. I hope to make a yule log cake this year, but I don't have a formal Yule log to burn yet as I don't really have a place to do so.  

Starlock
Crew

Amorpheous

Human Human

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:15 pm
Yay! Thank you so much! I really had no idea what to do with my Yule Log.... Good luck with the Yule Log cake!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:28 am
I burn a Yule log, in the barbeque coz that's the only place mum will let me burn it. And then I save a bit to burn on new years to welcome the new solar year.

Side note: the tradition of burning an oak log came from the fact the oak is a holy tree. In the old days they'd keep it burning (I have no idea how, I think they must have felled a hole tree) throughout the dark days of the year as a sign of hope. I just love the meaning behind it and imagining my ancestors doing it. Makes me happy ^^

Sorry for the random info. Yum yum yule cake!  

AnurenDark

Conan The Barbie Doll

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:49 pm
Some do, yes. Yule Logs are a generally universal decoration, yet Pagans might have a "deeper" use for it, ritual-wise, for example. I'm not 100% sure on this, however.  
The Lavender Lounge .: Questions and Assistance :.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games