Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Mi casa NO es su casa.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tezur

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:47 pm
Yeah, it's not that great of Spanish, and even unnecessary for a title, but do you ever get the feeling that no matter what good you try to make on someone else's thread, be it correcting spelling or grammar or even the flaws in someone's point of view, it feels like you are just raining on their parade as they talk back with cussing? I wonder if they know how that must feel for me when they ruin everything in my thread... -_-;  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:16 am
User Image
I know. I hate when people do that. It's like, all you're trying to do is correct something politely or commenting about what someone thinks, and suddenly, "LYk OMFG! Y r u lyk be1ng s0 m34n?!"
._. ...

User Image

-x x kyoxtohru x x-

Fuku Taichou

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:44 am
I generally don't go around correcting people's grammar unless they specifically are asking a question regarding grammar or put a question mark after a word. I'll notice certain things, but I do realize that English isn't everyone's strong point, and that some people might be foreigners.

I believe my grammar is generally pretty good, but I've made typos (hey, who doesn't once in a while) and I find it irritating when people will bug me about it or put up a big fuss over something that I happened to not catch - especially when I'm trying to get a message across. Although it's good to be mindful of grammar and spelling, I don't really try to heckle others about theirs.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:00 am
Some people say, 'Oops. Thanks ' sweatdrop However, that happens very, very rarely. Most of the time people become defensive and grumble.  

applecyder

Natsuri

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:36 pm
I used to correct some people's grammar and spelling errors. But it's become so prevalent lately that I stopped doing it.

It's all here to stay, to say the least. sad  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:01 pm
I usually don't go around correcting a person's grammar online, since misspelling is (unfortunately) common on the internet. I do it in real life, though, and people sometimes make fun of me. >>; I can't help it, you know?

Shigures Editor

Gaian Grammar Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff