Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Old Lord Brocktree

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:18 pm
This.... is my BOOMSTICK!

User Image

Well, in my Zombie Apocalypse scenario, based upon the books The Zombie Survival Guide , and World War Z . Both written by Max Brooks.

In my current state of readiness, I'd have to say I'm grab my M1 Garand, Old Remington 870, and Ruger MkII.

Ammo for the latter two is widely available, and the first has adequate power and range for a nice mid to long range weapon, and it can also accept a bayonet.

Of course, I'd have to stop and likely saw the barrel down on the Remington. Irt was my grandfather's, but in this crisis, anything to survive is necessary.

Then we'd try to get ahold of family on cell phones, if none were reachable...well, we'd move out on our own. Move along until we find a good place to sit for a while and rest.

I'd likely try to move west, get to the deserts or mountains since I'm not far enough north to be prepared for the cold.

What would you do?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:01 am
i didnt read the zombie survival guide, i heard it was just a big joke (well, obviously)

what would i do, start my own militia.....(ive always wanted one of those)  

tokarov

exploding-waffles

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:52 am
im trying to get a flying license, so i could basically do what you described except with canada and a plane.
as for weapons there is a pawn shop with some guns nearby, so i would probably take some sort of rifle (probably a M1 grand) a shotgun, and some sort of machine pistol, along with a pistol.
also i STILL need to read both of those books.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:55 pm
exploding-waffles
im trying to get a flying license, so i could basically do what you described except with canada and a plane.
as for weapons there is a pawn shop with some guns nearby, so i would probably take some sort of rifle (probably a M1 grand) a shotgun, and some sort of machine pistol, along with a pistol.
if zombie s**t happens i dont think flying without a license would be an issue, just know how to fly  

tokarov

Old Lord Brocktree

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:30 pm
I've been working on getting a pilot's license, the problem is that you'd have a tought time trying to land half the time, and fuel would be an issue.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:03 pm
I don't have a plan for zombies in specific, but my basic SHTF scenario is load my family and my friends family on their boat with all of our firearms, head up the Mississippi to Wisconsin, and live at his families ranch, they have a whole lot of land and what amounts to an arsenal...

its a one-size-fits-all sort of plan...  

Freak_090
Captain

Lord Plate
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:29 pm
Well, for me it's a choice between Edgewood Arsenal and Aberdeen Proving Ground.

Edgewood has America's supply of mustard gas (lol we aren't supposed to have any, aren't we?), which may somehow stop zombies. Would be nice. Who knows. Largely chemical weapons there. Stuff to eat the skin off your face.

APG is a place of blowing the s**t out of s**t. Very nice arsenal of firearms and tanks, as well as nearly endless supply of "brush clearing" agents.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:01 pm
I've taken to note that the Menards near me has a lumber yard with walls that about 20 feet or higher.
However, there is no front gate which could be rectified by their lumber and stuff.
They now have a grocery section stocked with non-perishable canned goods, but they don't have any booze which you'd probably want in this SHTF scenario. No firearms either, but tons of axes, sledge hammers, monkey wrenches, so yeah blunt objects up the wazoo.  

OberFeldwebel

exploding-waffles

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:26 am
tokarov
exploding-waffles
if zombie s**t happens i dont think flying without a license would be an issue, just know how to fly

thats a good point.
stop zombie, wheres your permit? rofl
still i have only a basic idea about how to fly, learned from those airplane landing things in arcades.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:55 pm
exploding-waffles
tokarov
exploding-waffles

thats a good point.
still i have only a basic idea about how to fly, learned from those airplane landing things in arcades.

I have about, 1000 hours of Flight Simulator flight hours in! Do I qualify!? twisted
Although it would be impelling, I wouldn't hit a zombie with the prop because it might break.

I know that when you go to taxi into position that you're supposed to have your engines on, flaps down and your brakes off. whee  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:56 am
OberFeldwebel
exploding-waffles
tokarov
exploding-waffles

thats a good point.

I have about, 1000 hours of Flight Simulator flight hours in! Do I qualify!? twisted
Although it would be impelling, I wouldn't hit a zombie with the prop because it might break.

I know that when you go to taxi into position that you're supposed to have your engines on, flaps down and your brakes off. whee
In Canada, I believe the law says that once you pass so many hours of simulator time, you need, like, 2 hours of flight time to qualify for a license. The question is, which simulator do you use?
My simulator of choice is X-Plane, and I've been practicing. I've been flying a Canadair CL-415, which is a flying boat. I know of a place, 142 miles away from my house by road, with a pair of CL-215s, the 415's little brother. This plane is not only a seaplane (makes it harder to miss the runway wink ), it's also a firefighting plane. That means that with a bit of prep time, I can have 1400 gallons of fresh water wherever I plan on running to. My main plan so far is to go south, and try to make it to the Juan Fernandez islands. We'll see how I fare.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:38 pm
that gives me an idea.
we should plan the route we want to take in a flight simulator than go through all the stops.  

exploding-waffles

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:47 pm
exploding-waffles
that gives me an idea.
we should plan the route we want to take in a flight simulator than go through all the stops.
But... X-Plane costs, like, $100 for the app and global maps, and another $1000 to unlock the FAA-approved simulator physics, not to mention the cost of hardware ($1000+). The demo gives you 6 minutes of flight time before your joystick locks, and you only get 10 miles of landscape around San Bernadino before everything turns into ocean.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:33 pm
Since we're on the topic of aeronautical travel...

Helicopters and dirigibles are superior because they can land most anywhere.

And Dirigibles have the advantage of being able to remain in the air for prolonged periods of time without too much direct control.  

Old Lord Brocktree

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:02 pm
Old Lord Brocktree
Since we're on the topic of aeronautical travel...

Helicopters and dirigibles are superior because they can land most anywhere.

And Dirigibles have the advantage of being able to remain in the air for prolonged periods of time without too much direct control.
I'll agree on the dirigible idea, but helicopters are a cast-iron b***h to fly. Seriously, in X-Plane, I've found only two helicopters which can be easily flown with any degree of control. One is the V-22 Osprey, which is technically a VTOL, but it's reasonably easy to hover it. The other is the "Demented Loner", a one-man helicopter with no room for fuel tanks. It's a fictional design, but it's easy to fly, and the physics are right on it. I've got to find a Chinook to fly, though. I'm sure it'll be easier.  
Zombies. Seriously.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff