Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Anyone checked out the Knitty Winter issue?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tree1334

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:35 am
The Knitty website just posted the winter edition. There are some great patterns.

I actually was so excited about this one that I ran out to the LYS and bought yarn to make it. I ended up going with different yarn - a special treat for me I got ArtYarns Beaded Silk/Mohair. It's like heaven to knit with!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:51 am
I'm gunna go ahead and pronounce this the best knitty yet. Normally I find a thing or two I want to make, but I want to make at least 6 things from this edition.  

Catcheen
Crew

tree1334

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:02 am
I would have to agree. I think I didn't stop getting excited about the patterns til I hit the socks. I'm not a big sock knitter. I still haven't finished the second of the first pair I started.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:31 am
tree1334
I would have to agree. I think I didn't stop getting excited about the patterns til I hit the socks. I'm not a big sock knitter. I still haven't finished the second of the first pair I started.

I find I'm much more likely to finish toe-up socks or ankle socks. Long ol cuff-down socks are so boring. *yawn* The Azure socks are calling me.  

Catcheen
Crew

augusteir

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:37 pm
i really have to check knitty!
thanks for being a great reminder!!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:56 pm
I don't knit well but I found quite a few patterns there that I'd love to be able to make one day.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

knitting_needle_ninja

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:03 am
I actually want to knit the kilt socks. I'm pretty athletic, and it is so hard to find knee socks that will go over my mutant-sized calves!

Now I just need to learn a) how to read a pattern and b) how to make a sock.

And get over my sss--I can never make two of anything!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:08 am
I love knitty- at not just because it's one of the few 'magazines' geared at (sort of) 20-40 year old kind of hip women that doesn't encourage you to get plastic surgery. Those tam patterns have officially saved my skin. My mom's been dropping not so subtle hints about what she wants for Christmas, and I couldn't find a pattern anywhere.  

Blue-eyes-green

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:29 pm
I think I was a little underwhelmed this time. There were things I liked for sure, but nothing I have to go out and knit RIGHT THIS VERY MINUTE. Or even in the near future.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:02 pm
I started the Ice Queen pattern. I switched yarns, as a xmas present to myself. I'm using Artyarns Beaded Silk/Mohair Rhapsody. It's so amazing. Like knitting with a cloud.  

tree1334

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:54 pm
Ice Queen was a stunning issue opener. I think I want to make some of the hats... once I finish my current roster of projects >.<  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:35 pm
smile Overall, I like this issue. But as usual, there's nothing I have to make right this minute. I just bought some silk I wasn't sure what to make with it and I think I have enough to make myself a small bag.  

Pirate Dirge

Hygge Agenda

44,725 Points
  • My Feminist Agenda 500
  • Cozy Life 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Kanhoro

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:47 am
the winter issue is very nice, but i still prefer the kimono in the men's issue, but i still find something interesting and great in all of them ^^ 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:36 pm
The picture for the cover of this issue intregued me! Most of the time I'm just like, "YEAH NEW KNITTY! Cover picture, meh."

I'm always excited when a new issue of Knitty comes out, but I'll agree. This one was stellar. Stardust I REALLY want to make. I've been looking for something to go over dresses and dress shirts. The SOCKS! I've always waned to make socks, there are TONS of nice ones in this issue. I'm so excited.  

Caitiebear

penguin8908

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:23 am
while ice queen is deffinatly a great pattern its very similar to the wisp which i actually started right before the winter issue came out so while you're at knitting next time check that one out its very cute.

oh and deffinatly my favorite pattern of this issue is the three hats!!!! i went out and ordered the yarn for that as soon as i saw it, noro garden is such amazing yarn but really expensive.. well for a high school student getting paid minimum wage it is.. anyway i'm deffinatly addicted to www.Knitty.com and www.knittingpatterncentral.com  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games