Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
Never Ending Vacation

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Emradrig

Aged Healer

9,050 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:05 pm
This has happened to me twice so far: I had a family go on vacation and after they got back the van came back and told them to go on vacation again. The first time I was kinda confused so I let them get in and go. They went back to their vacation home but they couldn't come back. It said their vacation was already over and when I tried calling the phone saying I wanted to end the vacation early and go home, the van would never show up. The couple was Darren Dreamer and Cassandra Goth and they were already elders. Their son and his wife and a robot butler were living with them and I couldn't access them at all because they didn't go on the vacation with them. I decided to just let them die there but because you can't age when you're on vacation they weren't able to die of old age. I had to burn them to death. It was sad. Anyway, when they were both dead the van finally pulled up and took Cassandra's ghost back home. stressed
After that I had their son, whom I named Andrew, and his wife Blossom go to the vacation home mostly to bring the gravestones back to the house. I let them stay there and have fun and when they got back the van from hell did not show up to lure them back.

Later I tried having Klara Vonderstein go to Takemizu Village on vacation and she came back fine.
But when I had Dirk Dreamer, his wife Lilith (whose maiden name is Pleasant) and their son and daughter got home from vacation the evil van beckoned them to return. I tried ignoring it but when it left it started to load Takemizu village so I quickly shut off the computer hoping they weren't going to be trapped in purgatory like their dead ancestors had been. Luckily it didn't save so it went back to when they had just gotten back home. Unfortunately the van still stalked them so I had to resort to having them pack up all their belongings into their inventories and move them to the family bin and then moving them back into their house. It's a pain in the butt. They're safe now but I have to put all their furniture back.

Why does the van come back wanting to steal their souls? Why does it only happen sometimes but not all the time? Is there a patch that might be able to help?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:43 pm
I believe the Bon Voyage patch was supposed to fix this issue. If you haven't already downloaded it then you should give it a try.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Zwiebelsaft!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:26 am
♠ Well- are they happy on an eternal vacation? xd ♠  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:42 am
Im sorry but I loled sweatdrop sweatdrop  

sotosonom

5,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Trader 100
  • Full closet 200

Wistelle

Greedy Giver

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:01 pm
Zwiebelsaft!
♠ Well- are they happy on an eternal vacation? xd

I'd say it's a 'Vacation of Doom'.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:08 am
"van from hell"
rofl

Do you have any mods or hacks installed?

InSimenator did terrible things to my game.
xD

My sims couldn't even GO on vacation.
And I had to uninstall & re-install Bon Voyage FOUR times before it worked correctly.
D:

maggoty tacos
Crew

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash