Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply The Friends of English Magic Guild
Silly Reading Habits~ Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Muffins or Cupcakes??
  Muffins! A-Duh...
  Cupcakes of course!
View Results

okjgidgvstyrhfjk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:28 pm

Sometimes when I read and I'm thinking so much about something, I will end up reading a whole page even though I wasn't even thinking about what I was reading, I was thinking about something else. Then I have to go back and read the whole page all over again. Has that ever happened to you?

What other silly things do you do when you read?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:42 pm
I do that all the time, mostly because something Ive read has triggered so lost memory and I take a moment to immerse myself into it before it fades again.

Sometime, when reading, I totally forget where I am or what I'm doing and the only thing that exist is the story. Then I'll like get up and go in the kitchen for a drink or start talking on the Phone and I'll start thinking "What movie was I watching a moment ago, when the girl was trying to save the boy..... Oh wait that was my Book!" xD  

Heartless Hippie

Shameless Lover

9,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Nudist Colony 200

Lhia Dunwaith

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:28 am
Well, I have to be totally alone. It has to be dead-silent. I have to be wrapped up in a warm blanket. I can't be eating or drinking (I might besoil the book). There are several others, but those would be embarassing to post...  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:36 am
i read in the tub, fall asleep, drop the book and thoroughly soak it.

i have become notorious for doing this  

beaulolais
Vice Captain

Catherine of Aragon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:35 am
critternator

Sometimes when I read and I'm thinking so much about something, I will end up reading a whole page even though I wasn't even thinking about what I was reading, I was thinking about something else. Then I have to go back and read the whole page all over again. Has that ever happened to you?

I do that all the time, especially when I'm reading a book for school and I really don't like it sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:43 am
I always do that! And it seems to be that the times I do it the least are when it is very loud and busy around. I've figured out that I brood more about random stuff if I'm all alone.  

Underestimated_Angel

okjgidgvstyrhfjk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:17 pm
shadow_angel321
critternator

I do that all the time, especially when I'm reading a book for school and I really don't like it sweatdrop

I know! I hate reading books that I have to read for school. Unless I like it. xD

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:26 pm

@Heartless Hippie: Thats so funny! Thats happened to me quite a few times!

@Lhia_Dunwaith: Really? Weird, I can basically read anytime, except for the car, or when its really really really loud.

@beaulolais: Thats hilarious! I can't say thats ever happened to me User Image

@Underestimated_Angel: Thats interesting, because for most people its the opposite!

okjgidgvstyrhfjk

MistressKristeen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:04 pm
Honestly, I can read about anywhere.
Hmm, let's see, I have to have the whole page that I'm read, in the light, or it bugs me half to death and I go off into my own thinking instead of reading the page. Weird.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:13 am
critternator

@Underestimated_Angel: Thats interesting, because for most people its the opposite!

I know!!! It's so strange, but if a book is good, there is NOTHING, besides for coldness, that can stop me from reading.  

Underestimated_Angel

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:06 am
I mess up the pages.

I take a piece of a page, fold it so it forms a sort of triangle, and push it out. It results in a huge crease, a curving of the pages (if I do it all over the page) and sometimes ripps. I like the feeling of the book when the pages are curly.

I also bend the edges about a 1/4 of an inch towards the center. Yet more page-curving. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:33 am
*gasps*

I can't imagine doing that to ANY book! gonk And if I loaned a book to one of my friends and they did that, I probably scream in anguish. "You KILLED the book!" xd  

Lhia Dunwaith

Heartless Hippie

Shameless Lover

9,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:49 am
~Arabella Strange~
I mess up the pages.

I take a piece of a page, fold it so it forms a sort of triangle, and push it out. It results in a huge crease, a curving of the pages (if I do it all over the page) and sometimes ripps. I like the feeling of the book when the pages are curly.

I also bend the edges about a 1/4 of an inch towards the center. Yet more page-curving. smile

O_______________________o

The Horror

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:42 am
Heartless Hippie
~Arabella Strange~
I mess up the pages.

O_______________________o

The Horror

xd Ditto.  

Lhia Dunwaith

Lhia Dunwaith

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:48 pm
Today I saw a girl who was reading a book and HIGHLIGHTING IT!!! The following conversation followed:

Me: What are you DOING to that book?!
Girl: Reading it.
Me: Why are you highlighting it?
Girl: It's for me to take more of the book in. I've already read it three times.
Me: The book is SCREAMING OUT IN PAIN!!! (By this time, I was half-laughing, but still somewhat serious)
Girl: Huh?

^This wasn't a complete stranger, either. It was a friend of my friend.^  
The Friends of English Magic Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas