Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Quest and Donation Threads
Do girls have it easier or do guys? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Demonic Repentance

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:49 pm
We have this journal thing in my English class, and a recent thing we wrote about was, "Do girls go through life easier, or do guys?" Everyone had a valid and true point on both, and I wanted to see what you guys thought. I personnally think guys have it easier 'cuz we don't have to give birth and stuff.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:01 pm
girls have it easier.

1) we don't have to deal with ourselves at "that time of the month," guys do.
2) when we give birth, YOUR hand will take weeks to recover from us squeezing it until it snaps like dry kindling. We, however, have a sudden bost of a hormone that makes us completely FORGET the pain.
3) yes, we have heels, but we CHOOSE them, so they don't count. Men have to wear ties and collared shirts, which suck.
4) We get to actually express our emotions... ya'll have to stay all stoic and whatever.
5) When we get drunk and experimental, we can laugh it off with minimal embarrassment and guys watching happily... guys can't say the same thing.
6) it's still more likely guys will have to pay for the meal and date.
7) guys get to carry all the heavy stuff.
8 ) heh, if we're horny, we can HIDE it... poor guys....
9) If we cry, we can get whatever we want... guys can't do the same.
10) Heh, we're girls... guys have to deal with always being wrong.... or letting us think they are.... either one is difficult.. wink  

Lady Rayya

Master Clockfish

Dapper Millionaire

4,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:23 pm
Rayya, this is supposed to be a serious discussion. Not only is your feminazi humor unwanted, it is also insulting. If you want to spout stupid s**t like that go to the main Gaia forums or get a job hosting The View.

Goddamn misandrists...

That said, I have to say that men have as hard a time as women do when it comes to functioning in society. Society looks at us as the tough guys and the assholes. Emotion is seen as a feminine trait and any man who shows it is automatically labeled as "gay." (i.e., men who cry are told to suck it up, women who cry are felt sorry for.) Men are also expected to be the leaders the family and bring home the bacon as well, which is why there's very few stay-at-home dads. And speaking of dads, I doubt men win very many child custody cases, even if the woman was abusive, because men are always seen as the OMG EBIL PERSON and HORRIBLE FATHER.

Not only that, but we're seen as womanizers and perverts. If a woman hits a man, even if the she's being a total abusive b***h, it's seen as girl power and the man is labeled as the criminal. If the man hits a woman (in self-defense, for example,) the woman can make a big enough scene to the point where the man is still labeled the criminal. And when a woman goes missing or is found dead, her husband/boyfriend/male friends are seen as the first suspect(s).

I also speculate that the common response to an accusation of a woman raping a man was that the man probably enjoyed it or asked for it, and the man's just being a whiny p***k.

Oh yeah, and when a man complains about injustice based on his gender, he's labeled a misogynist.

-~Boxman has 1 warning~-  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:38 pm
see I was being mostly serious. men do still pay, and I like it. I also like it when men open doors for me. What annoys me is when females yell at guys for being nice.

If I were a feminazi, or a misandrist, which really are the same thing, then I would have said men suck and should bow before me. I don't think that, or say it. Feminazis did more to hurt women's rights, and men's than anything else on he face of the earth. To be called one is perhaps the worst insult I have ever recieved.

I can not help what society feels. I was pointing out that men, in normal society, can't express what they feel.

I personally think men are just as horrible as women. But, we were speaking of society, which doesn't think that way at all.

Women DO have that hormone I spoke of, but I suppose I have to be politically f***in correct around you and say tat it could be a female hand the sample woman is griping when she gives birth....

Only 3% of male rapes are reported on average, and the rate of solving is so very low. It is a disgrace. Women are just as capable as men of committing that act, and their gender isn't really a facotr. Rape is about power, not sex or gender.

the last point I made, yeah, that was a joke. I wanted an even ten... I'm OCD, I aplogize.

You are not a misogynist. I know this because you're a jerk to everyone, not just females.  

Lady Rayya

Bellabie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:29 pm
I think that men have an easier time than mothers, in childbirth, but it is more difficult, socially to do other things.
b  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:57 pm
un-rest in the discussion forum

Not good
~~

I think girls have it easier because I put myself through hoops just to make sure the girl I love has a decent time. I almost got myself killed one time trying to help her, she ended up saving me but thats besides the point. They have child birth, Men (most of us) lack real feelings and can't understand what they go through. They have there period, we have late nights getting drunk and regretting everything we did in our life.

The list goes on forever  

Dameon the -V-

Rakiz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:48 pm
I think for most people, they will think the opposite sex will always have it easier but they haven’t seen the aspects of other’s lives to really determine things.

There are many ups and down to both genders. I had to do a list for this once, and I found that the lists were pretty even. It’s really how you look at life, and how you would define the differences in the lives of the same class female and the same class male.

<3  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:55 pm
Well said. I just think we were created with the same amounts of ups and downs. I think both genders are equally. I don't think one gender was made to have a harder life than the other. Thats is just my opinion though.  

hoplite323

Demonic Repentance

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:00 pm
Hmmm... I agree.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:39 pm
this is true, while we are all equal in theory, practice is another matter.
Also, we all have some things easier while we have a harder time of others... The true answer is that people have it harder..... but you had to choose just one gender? silly teachers.... it limits the answers too much.  

Lady Rayya

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:00 pm
Men suppress emotional responses, and end up intensifying their own mental strain. Our baser instincts are far stronger, and harder to resist (the exception being childbirth, of course). We are expected to be physically adept; our intelligensia is mocked and ridiculed for being lesser in that category. We may have to endure less physical pain, but our emotional pains are equal or greater. Men are expected to have fight at all times; some of us do not. Those of us who do not have a great deal of suffering. Men are just what society makes them. Men just try to function in a world that constantly batters and pushes, a world like a vortex of panultimate pain and pleasure. But equally, women are beaten down by the media as much as men are beaten down by standards. And women make themselves suffer physically to try and achieve the ideals set for them. The physical make-up of a woman, however, is designed to handle intense amounts of physical duress. I believe both suffer equally. As one wise person once said, 'There are more worlds than these.'  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:02 pm
well said  

Lady Rayya

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:19 pm
As were your points, Lady Rayya.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:22 pm
I don't think that it is even.
I actually think that we will never be able to say because, first our society is not equal and, second, we are only seeing this from one view-point, really. We have no control for our "data."
b  

Bellabie

Dameon the -V-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:40 am
We need an omnipresent being to judge us ~.~

That would solve EVERYTHING

While you say some of those things mobius I am gunna take a stab at the girls end of this even though I am a guy. Girls have emotions beyond there control where they will find themselves crying for no reason at a given moment. Once a month the red baron comes and drops bombing in there area and creates a hellish explosion...I use anologies of course. Child birth is always a key note to hit but it is not always as painful as we would like to say my aunt had her daughter with little or no pain at all and it was really surprising. In life women are seen as sluts or whores if they do one thing around the opposite gender that isn't marked as hers or she is single otherwise it is seen as an act of affection and she is marked as a whore/slut.

Just a quick stab at that subject

(I am sorry for the warning system being placed in effect but it is becoming really annoying from the peace protectors point of view to have outbursts of anger and causing emotional grief and or pain.)  
Quest and Donation Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff