Welcome to Gaia! ::

Drawing a Day Guild! Improve Your Drawing!

Back to Guilds

Reply Drawing a Day Guild
W.I.P...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wtf its kae

IRL Cupcake

22,675 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:03 pm
User Image

any critique would be great! I think this may (if I do it the way I like) be my first ever print on dA (or maybe just cafepress or something). I think the middle character should be a bit higher so you can see more...

but is there anything else? o:

If possible, I'd like to make changes before I color it... sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:47 am
X3 yes I agree, it would be nice to see the middle character more

I don't know about the print part because they're gaia avatars and not really characters you've made D: but I don't know about that stuff.

the lines are really clean 3nodding

I suggest moving the character on the right over more to the right. X3

maybe switching their positions? Like move the center one to the right and the left one to the middle and the right one to the left?
XD just play with the positions on the page

:3 I'm guessing all three of them are on different layers  

Bassken Lake Monster
Vice Captain

wtf its kae

IRL Cupcake

22,675 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:49 pm
they are definitely on separate layers, and they're also part of separate documents, in case i need to start over. 3nodding

i colored it already, but i like your idea of moving them around a bit more. i might try placing the right character (me) on the left and flipping the character in the back (Ama) to face the other way, and move her to the front... then if i move the guy on the left (Phx) to where i am, and turn him around too...

yeah, that could work! O:

but here's what i did earlier today:
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f91/Kaenai/avas/Xmas07_Ama_Phx_Kae.png

and yes, i probably won't make a print of this. it wouldn't feel right, no matter how much i've altered the items. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:57 am
I had to rethink the above statement I made. I've read and read the ToS, and saw very little about selling artwork of Gaia's avatars. However, I also have seen a thread in the R&C forum by Noraboo, in which she addresses the issue. It seems that RL commissions are acceptable, in which case, it might be okay to sell a print or two on commission.

At any rate, I sent her a PM asking her about multiple prints, eg., what you might do on CafePress or something like that. Haven't gotten a response yet, but I'm sure she'll check into it. :3

wtf its kae

IRL Cupcake

22,675 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Drawing a Day Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items