Reply Questions and Answers
im still afraid of death Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MissKML

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:17 pm
i think everyone is but when ever i talk or think about death i get this really sick feeling but i know god will keep me safe. any help?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:23 pm
MissKML
i think everyone is but when ever i talk or think about death i get this really sick feeling but i know god will keep me safe. any help?

I think that's a normal human feeling.
Remember- we were supposed to be immortal. Humanity was never supposed to die. But because of sin, we have this very very scary thing called death looming in the back of our minds. Our mortality is the one constant reminder we have as humans to the consequences of sin.
When I feel afraid of dying, of what it will be like to die or how I will die, I just try to take my mind off of it by thinking about something else until I've calmed down more. I don't know how close you've ever come to dying, but I've been closer than your average American before. I know what it feels like to be scared of dying.
It's Ok.
It's a consequence of our sins.
But we have to remember that because of Jesus' death, probably the most scary death of all, we only have to die physically (which is scary enough in itself. Imagine what the un-saved face!) Thankfully our spirits will not die, and so we will continue to live.
But yes, it is a horribly gruesome thought, and it does sneak up on us every once in a while.
I sing my favorite songs to myself when I get that feeling. That usually helps for me. Maybe you should find something like that too.
3nodding  

Beth Turner
Captain

MissKML

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:38 pm
Beth Turner
MissKML

I think that's a normal human feeling.
Remember- we were supposed to be immortal. Humanity was never supposed to die. But because of sin, we have this very very scary thing called death looming in the back of our minds. Our mortality is the one constant reminder we have as humans to the consequences of sin.
When I feel afraid of dying, of what it will be like to die or how I will die, I just try to take my mind off of it by thinking about something else until I've calmed down more. I don't know how close you've ever come to dying, but I've been closer than your average American before. I know what it feels like to be scared of dying.
It's Ok.
It's a consequence of our sins.
But we have to remember that because of Jesus' death, probably the most scary death of all, we only have to die physically (which is scary enough in itself. Imagine what the un-saved face!) Thankfully our spirits will not die, and so we will continue to live.
But yes, it is a horribly gruesome thought, and it does sneak up on us every once in a while.
I sing my favorite songs to myself when I get that feeling. That usually helps for me. Maybe you should find something like that too.
3nodding

thank you :] would you mind sharing your story with me?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:45 pm
of what?
Near death experiences?  

Beth Turner
Captain

Lord Rhapsody

Greedy Giver

8,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:55 pm
MissKML
Beth Turner
MissKML
I don't know how close you've ever come to dying, but I've been closer than your average American before. I know what it feels like to be scared of dying.

Yes I would like to hear your story as well, if you don't mind.

Honestly, I don't fear death, for it is written for all. And besides that, you never really truly die. For we are taught that as long as we believe in the Lord-and-Savior Jesus Christ, then we shall have eternal life.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:00 pm
The_Great_Rhapsody
MissKML
Beth Turner
MissKML
I don't know how close you've ever come to dying, but I've been closer than your average American before. I know what it feels like to be scared of dying.

Yes I would like to hear your story as well, if you don't mind.

Honestly, I don't fear death, for it is written for all. And besides that, you never really truly die. For we are taught that as long as we believe in the Lord-and-Savior Jesus Christ, then we shall have eternal life.

Exactly.  

Beth Turner
Captain

Beth Turner
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:19 pm
Well, I'll probably dissapoint you.
It's nothing spectacular. I've never jumped out in front of a semi-truck to save a kitten, or rushed into a burning building to save a baby. I've never been in an armed or UN-armed fight-to-the-death.
Curiously enough, the few times my life has been threatened have all been OUTSIDE my home-country...
I came 3 inches from being hit by a car in Argentina. My fault. I was just a kid but still- running out into the middle of the street is never a good idea. That one scared me pretty good.
I've ridden in a roller-coaster (same country, I'm afraid) which did not lock. (You know how the little bar comes down and you hear the click before the ride takes off? No click.) It was a loopy roller coaster. The only thing that saved me from falling OUT and splatting on the concrete was sheer will power and a firm grip on the little bars on the sides of the seat.
Another time (which hit me a day later and I'll explain why) was when my husband and I were visiting his best friend Steven for his wedding in Bethlehem (this is in the occupied territories of Palestine.) We traveled out to a nice hotel in Israel to spend some time with the newlyweds after their honeymoon along with the rest of the wedding party. Unfortunately, we left a day early because my husband got very suddenly and violently ill. The next day we were surfing through the news channels (my husband has miraculously recovered) and landed on a channel stating that a large conflict had started yesterday (The recent war between Hezbollah and Israel) and that Hezbollah fighters had fired rockets on northern Israel, hitting several buildings. Then they showed the buildings. One of them was the hotel we were supposed to have spent the night in. Our entire section of the building was rubble. It was a two-story building reduced down to a couple feet of thick rubble. If we had stayed 18 hours more, we wouldn't have made it out alive.
Bethlehem is an area of great conflict and turmoil if you don't know what you're doing and you're a mighty-whitey, like us Americans. Luckily, I look Arab enough to pass as one of them, but my husband sure DOESN'T. But even with connections, one often gets into positions one does not expect to be in. While we were staying in Israel (same visit, actually) the Immans started screaming into their megaphones at 2 a.m. as we woke up to rockets and an erie red light bathing the entire neighborhood. We stayed up all night as the Israeli helicopters flew over the little town. The scaries part for me was when a large truck full of Muslim men rushed by our apartment (like an idiot I was staring out the window) and began shooting up in the air randomly and yelling "Death to the Isralis!" Well, being on the second story of a building at the window is not a very good place to be when lunatics are riding around. Naturally I ducked, but it sounded like they were shooting right at me. In the morning I spied a bullet hole altogether TOO CLOSE to my perch at the window. It was an interesting night. I'm sure there will be more like them in the future- my husband's field of study might have us living in that same area as soon as I graduate.
I told you, nothing spectacular or too exciting, but all of them deffinately made me consider my mortality.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:30 pm
Wow! Thank God you, and your family and friends are allright.

And may God be with y'all allways.  

Lord Rhapsody

Greedy Giver

8,650 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100

Beth Turner
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:35 pm
The_Great_Rhapsody
Wow! Thank God you, and your family and friends are allright

And may God be with y'all allways

Thank you.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:34 pm
Yeah, as Beth already pointed out, it's a natural feeling.

I've faced near-death experiences, except they're not what you'd think...

And thank the Lord you were safe! eek  

Retermined

MissKML

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:20 pm
Beth Turner
Well, I'll probably dissapoint you.
It's nothing spectacular. I've never jumped out in front of a semi-truck to save a kitten, or rushed into a burning building to save a baby. I've never been in an armed or UN-armed fight-to-the-death.
Curiously enough, the few times my life has been threatened have all been OUTSIDE my home-country...
I came 3 inches from being hit by a car in Argentina. My fault. I was just a kid but still- running out into the middle of the street is never a good idea. That one scared me pretty good.
I've ridden in a roller-coaster (same country, I'm afraid) which did not lock. (You know how the little bar comes down and you hear the click before the ride takes off? No click.) It was a loopy roller coaster. The only thing that saved me from falling OUT and splatting on the concrete was sheer will power and a firm grip on the little bars on the sides of the seat.
Another time (which hit me a day later and I'll explain why) was when my husband and I were visiting his best friend Steven for his wedding in Bethlehem (this is in the occupied territories of Palestine.) We traveled out to a nice hotel in Israel to spend some time with the newlyweds after their honeymoon along with the rest of the wedding party. Unfortunately, we left a day early because my husband got very suddenly and violently ill. The next day we were surfing through the news channels (my husband has miraculously recovered) and landed on a channel stating that a large conflict had started yesterday (The recent war between Hezbollah and Israel) and that Hezbollah fighters had fired rockets on northern Israel, hitting several buildings. Then they showed the buildings. One of them was the hotel we were supposed to have spent the night in. Our entire section of the building was rubble. It was a two-story building reduced down to a couple feet of thick rubble. If we had stayed 18 hours more, we wouldn't have made it out alive.
Bethlehem is an area of great conflict and turmoil if you don't know what you're doing and you're a mighty-whitey, like us Americans. Luckily, I look Arab enough to pass as one of them, but my husband sure DOESN'T. But even with connections, one often gets into positions one does not expect to be in. While we were staying in Israel (same visit, actually) the Immans started screaming into their megaphones at 2 a.m. as we woke up to rockets and an erie red light bathing the entire neighborhood. We stayed up all night as the Israeli helicopters flew over the little town. The scaries part for me was when a large truck full of Muslim men rushed by our apartment (like an idiot I was staring out the window) and began shooting up in the air randomly and yelling "Death to the Isralis!" Well, being on the second story of a building at the window is not a very good place to be when lunatics are riding around. Naturally I ducked, but it sounded like they were shooting right at me. In the morning I spied a bullet hole altogether TOO CLOSE to my perch at the window. It was an interesting night. I'm sure there will be more like them in the future- my husband's field of study might have us living in that same area as soon as I graduate.
I told you, nothing spectacular or too exciting, but all of them deffinately made me consider my mortality.

wow no that is a wow i cant even put words together thank the lord you are still alive you and ur husband  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:07 am
wow ...speechless.....
God is great, He watches over us all the time. xd  

Kezel

Hatchet Twit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:29 pm
I know it seems pointless to say you don't need to fear death, but its true. It's something that's natural. God has a plan that's always in motion, and each life and death is a part of that. Even the most horrific car accident is a part of it. We cling to life because we're afraid of what death is like. But from what I remember, when you die your spirit goes to sleep until Judgement day, and that's the next thing you are aware of after death. (I really should look up verses some time >.>) Don't fear it. I don't believe there is pain in death as we imagine in life, and if anything it is the one point where our minds are clear. Remember the joys of heaven awaiting God's followers. Love for life is a healthy practice, but don't be afraid when God has promised us salvation. =)  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:56 pm
Just remember that if you have faith that Jesus died for you so that you can be forgiven and go into Heaven that you won't really die anyways. A relationship and faith in Jesus promises eternal life smile  

ChikiMongo

MissKML

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:19 pm
thnkx alot you guys :]  
Questions and Answers

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items