Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Rap

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like Rap Music?
  Yes
  No
View Results

2_demonic_fuuckers

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:36 pm
Just because we are in this group about grammar, does it mean that we can not like Rap Music? Like Eminem, Akon, and John Cena?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:15 pm
Not really; taste in music is your own thing. 3nodding

But there are few artists who I have respect for, and even fewer songs I like because of their lack of grammar as well as the topics of "hoes" and "wangstars" or however it's put. I prefer rock music over rap anytime.

Just thought I'd throw my two cents in. ^-^  

Patron with a Mission

Amaya84

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:34 am
I believe music is more of a "feel" thing than anything else. Hey, I listen to country with all the ain't this and that, with a lot of grammatical errors in it. However, I just can't stand rap. It's more what they talk about than how they talk about it!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:47 am
I like some types of Rap music, but not all. Sometimes, Rap music will have things in them that aren't of my liking.  

PrincessAraira333

Woodnut

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:53 pm
You can listen to whatever music you like, just as long as it doesn't affect how you speak/write. wink  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:41 pm
Woodnut
You can listen to whatever music you like, just as long as it doesn't affect how you speak/write. wink

I agree. Just because someone says it does not me you have to say, think, or write it too. ninja  

toachung

7,450 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Contributor 150

MyOwnBestCritic

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:04 am
I'll listen to some rap. A good portion of it, however, just isn't to my taste. stare

Has anyone seen the whole "Retards Attempting Poetry" acronym? Even if it's not true all the time, it still gives me a chuckle.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:11 pm
I like very little rap, but I would certainly never discount it entirely. The great majority of what I have heard is not very intelligent, this doesn't mean it all is not. And has been said, no matter the sort of music you listen to, so long as you carry yourself intelligently in the real world and online it doesn't matter a bit.  

QuixoticNeurotic

iJo0seBawx-

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:14 pm
My tastes whirl around rock more than rap, but I do listen to a lot of rap.

(i.e Akon, Young Jeezy, etc.)  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:49 pm
I don't listen to rap AT ALL.
However, you don't have to hate rap in order to join this guild... That would be very discriminating.  

Shikaeii

Gaian Grammar Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff