Welcome to Gaia! ::

Poll Guild of DOOM [pwning moms since 2005]

Back to Guilds

Poll Guild of DOOM liek totally doomy and stuff 

Tags: Poll, DOOM, Elephant, Guild, Silly 

Reply Literate Hell
Why the hatred for Christians? We didn't do anything to you!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angel of Music

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:43 am
I'm a Christian, and I get a ton of hostility from non-Christians. Why is that? I treat everyone with respect, as all the other Christians I know do. If you wish to believe there is no God, why can't we believe there is? If I think the Big Bang theory and Evolution is completely ludacris, thats my opinion and everyone should respect that. Sure, Jehova's Witnesses' or whatever can be annoying, but they're different from Christians. And grouping us all together and getting upset over what we believe does no good.

Its completely useless for a non-Christian to get all pissed off at me because I don't believe in Evolution. Because I'm still gonna not believe it whether y'all like it or not.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:49 am
Those who don't accept other cultures the way they are, are the ignorant.

I know several ignorant people. For example, I know one person who bases all asians off some of the lunatics on Ninja Warrior. I also know some people who show their distaste for Christians, like you're talking about right now.

It's hard to crack the minds of ignorant people, they're just plain stupid. I'm not christian in the least bit but I will still sit down and listen to a sermon on Chrismas day or something without complaining.

People also like to base a certain group of people off of just one single group. There are people who believe that all Christians go door to door endorsing their religion and their church (much like Jahova's Witness). True there are some people who like to go on missions and spread the word of their Lord to those who are less fortunate, (and in the process they help the lower class community in the process) but they don't go door to door.

The whole issue of hostility towards Christians is quite confusing, and mostly based on prejudice really.  

lil white chocolate

6,350 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100

Werner von Braun

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:56 pm
People who are critical of Christians are not ignorant, and CALLING them ignorant merely because their beliefs are not the same as yours IS IGNORANT. THAT is why said criticisms exist. They are based on a VERY LONG history of Christians' stupidity. Hundreds of years of bad decisions, prejudice, racism, and, in some cases, murder.

To more fully answer your question, it is also because of STUPID PEOPLE who have used the name of God to justify their stupidity. Examples are the KKK and the Crusades. Much racism, even today, is still justified by Christianity, even though no such practice exists in the Bible and is very un-Christian. Hatred and discrimination of homosexuality and women has also long been "justified" by the Bible.

There are MANY LEGITIMATE reasons for people to hate Christianity, and it is GENERALIZATION, NOT IGNORANCE, that causes that hate and criticism.

It is the JOB of Christians to ACCEPT that Christians are persecuted everyday and to show, through their words and actions in their everyday lives, that the stigma that comes with being "Christian" is just as untrue as the idea that all people with AIDS must be "gay," because AIDS is a "gay" disease.

The ignorance with which the both of you have handled this topic thus far is a HORRIBLE example of Christian love and understanding and is EXACTLY how non-Christians think Christians act and think.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:37 pm
Why can't we all just get along? D: -hippy-
I have lots of friends with different religions. [my boyfriend isn't religious either and I love him more than anything in the world.]
I never act like that.
It contradicts how I'm suppossed to act according to the Bible. [I'm Christian, but I'm super open minded. ex: I believe in some parts of evolution and Judaism and some parts of asian religions >.> I'm just a giant mess of opinions.]
Plus it's just plain wrong to judge people like that.
I do understand what people are saying about crazy Christians though. :/
I've met quite a few that act completely insane about their religion.
However, you'll find that in every religion.
meh.
-minirantover-

I hope that made sense >.<
I tend to talk in circles.  

Sh1ver

Sh1ver

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:42 pm
Werner von Braun
People who are critical of Christians are not ignorant, and CALLING them ignorant merely because their beliefs are not the same as yours IS IGNORANT. THAT is why said criticisms exist. They are based on a VERY LONG history of Christians' stupidity. Hundreds of years of bad decisions, prejudice, racism, and, in some cases, murder.

To more fully answer your question, it is also because of STUPID PEOPLE who have used the name of God to justify their stupidity. Examples are the KKK and the Crusades. Much racism, even today, is still justified by Christianity, even though no such practice exists in the Bible and is very un-Christian. Hatred and discrimination of homosexuality and women has also long been "justified" by the Bible.

There are MANY LEGITIMATE reasons for people to hate Christianity, and it is GENERALIZATION, NOT IGNORANCE, that causes that hate and criticism.

It is the JOB of Christians to ACCEPT that Christians are persecuted everyday and to show, through their words and actions in their everyday lives, that the stigma that comes with being "Christian" is just as untrue as the idea that all people with AIDS must be "gay," because AIDS is a "gay" disease.

The ignorance with which the both of you have handled this topic thus far is a HORRIBLE example of Christian love and understanding and is EXACTLY how non-Christians think Christians act and think.

<3
everything you said explains it perfectly.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:58 am
Werner von Braun

The thing is, personally I can't recall going on the crusades, or killing anyone with my KKK buddies.

And your "Suck it up and take it to prove your faith" view only serves as a testament to self-importance and ignorance.  

Elektro7

Devout Poster

8,550 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Mark Twain 100

Calliope Solipsism

Wheezing Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:27 pm
Elektro7
Werner von Braun

The thing is, personally I can't recall going on the crusades, or killing anyone with my KKK buddies.

And your "Suck it up and take it to prove your faith" view only serves as a testament to self-importance and ignorance.

Luke 6:29 "If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic."  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:58 am
Calliope Solipsism
Luke 6:29 "If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic."

We will stand our ground in the face of adversity, and give our sympathy to those who fail to understand.
But we're the dogs at the end of our chains, and he is the child mocking us, just out of our reach, something no one would argue the cruelty of.

He antagonizes us into a response, then uses that to fuel his delusional campaign. Well I have news for you all, we are still Human. We try, we do, but you can't honestly expect us to be perfect, and any christian who believes otherwise is equally as deluded you are.  

Elektro7

Devout Poster

8,550 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Mark Twain 100

Calliope Solipsism

Wheezing Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:56 am
Elektro7
Calliope Solipsism

We will stand our ground in the face of adversity, and give our sympathy to those who fail to understand.
But we're the dogs at the end of our chains, and he is the child mocking us, just out of our reach, something no one would argue the cruelty of.

He antagonizes us into a response, then uses that to fuel his delusional campaign. Well I have news for you all, we are still Human. We try, we do, but you can't honestly expect us to be perfect, and any christian who believes otherwise is equally as deluded you are.

Hey, I'm just quoting your holy book. As a Christian, you're supposed to act Christ-like, even when it's really difficult. I don't care what your reasoning may be, the fact is simple: You are sinning, and trying to justify it by saying it's so hard not to. It's a good thing Job didn't take your line of thinking.

It's distressing that you are unable to admit that generalizations about Christians come from reality. No, not every Christian would disown their own child and actively fight against their rights if they were gay, bisexual, or transgender. No, not every Christian thinks that the country in which they live should become a Christian theocracy and preaches a completely false history in order to make their country seem more Christian. No, not every Christian thinks that all non-Christians are evil. No, not all Christians speak out against other religions while ignoring the similarities to their own. No, not all Christians pick and choose which Bible verses to follow. No, not all Christians act like moral crusaders while committing the same acts they speak out against. No, not all Christians whine about being persecuted while persecuting others. No, not all Christians are scientifically illiterate yet seem to think they're experts.

I want to be nice, but only a handful of Christians aren't hypocrites from the beginning, failing to follow their own religion's commandments, all while condemning others. Very rarely do I see a Christian claiming to be victimized who actually has been. Most of the time, either they were shooed out of a scientific debate in which they were claiming something absurd and pointing to their Bible as proof, or they were being an a** and using their Bible as justification. Sometimes you'll get the whole, "The schools won't let us teach kids that God made the universe! We're SOOOOO persecuted," BS.

In your case, someone dared give you the real reasons behind people not liking Christians, while repeatedly pointing out that those people were making generalizations, and you continued to throw a hissy fit, because you're too PRIDEFUL to admit it.  
Literate Hell

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games