Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Role Playing IC and OOC
Ragnarok Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which School of Magic do you favour?
  Fire?
  Water?
  Wind?
  Earth?
  Illusion?
  Healing/Light?
  Destruction/Darkness?
  Chaos?
  Reflection?
  Psion? Berserk/Rage? Farsight? (Didn't have enough room for all the options to be separate)
View Results

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:11 pm
The Story Thus Far

The year? Nobody knows. It has been far too long sine mankind forgot the passage of time. The fabric of reality is torn and tattered; time is meaningless. A single day could lst a month, or a year could last a second. The world has moved on, as they say.

The universe is running out of mana. Careless human sorcerors have squandered it for countless millenia, thinking it a renewable resource. With every spell they cast, they consumed more and more of reality's supply of life-force. Now, everything threatens to fall apart.

Ragnarok is at hand.

The world has been thrown into chaos. There are those who seek to repair the damage with their magic, risking hastening the coming of the End with their careless magic. There are those who are attempting to destroy it all, corrupting and annihilating with their power, trying to use up every last drop of energy to create a baptism by fire, to renew through destruction. There are those who serve a deity or a god of some sort, taking this as a sign to call to arms and defeat the opposition fo the sake of their immortal souls, or for the sake of their Lord(s).

But the greatest number is simply trying to survive.

Choose your destiny. Experience the world through a new lens as its time draws near. Unleash a multitude of magics to smite yor opponents, and make your own decisions.

Save the world.

Or doom us all.

This.

Is.

Ragnarok.

The Magic

Everyone in this RP uses magic in some form or another. No excuses. While you must join one of the Great Schools of Magic, how you use your type of magic is up to you. You create your own spells and choose your own summons. Below is the list of Schools and their descriptions.

The Primal Schools

-Fire: Offensive magic, specializing in bursts of energy. Quite exhaustive. Mostly consists of attacks with flames or sparks of some sort. Summons are beasts used to fire, who fight in a barbaric fashion wih reckless disregard of safety. Can walk on magma safely.

-Water: A balanced magic which uses surges of liquid or the might of ice to perform various tasks. Capable of minor healing and the curing of poisons. Can be used sparingly, as to save energy, or in the manner of Fire, unleashing great force at the expense of the caster's energy. Summons are beasts of the sea, often armoured, and usually quite fast. Can walk on water safely.

-Wind: An offensive magic which uses pure concussive force and the power of the air to deal with enemies. Can grant the user flight, and some control over the weather. Often attacks with air moving at great speedsto slice through the enemy, or using great storms to fling enemies and weapons alike. Somewhat difficult to control. Summons are beasts of flight, or ethereal beings made of wind, such as Will 'O Wisps.

-Earth: Highly defensive, with tricky and devastating attacks that affect large areas. Manipulates soil, stone, and even metal to perform a multitude of functions, such as the creation of barriers or traps of quicksand or mud. Plants are also usable by these casters. Summons re usually Golems, beasts made of living earth to do the caster's bidding, or beasts which burrow and scuttle across the earth. Can alter terrain.

The Arcane Schools

-Illusion: Uses the opponents own mind to inflict damage, creating horrible hallucinations to create enemies otherwise impossible. Can only affect one to three targets at a time, though, and requires a great deal of energy. Capable of minor healing through suggestive thought, and minor hypnosis. Summons are beasts of the mind, creatures from the realm of dreams and nightmares to hound a single enemy without mercy.

-Healing/Light: A magic absolutely useless for attacking, this magic repairs flesh and steel alike. Can cure poisons and sicknesses effectively, and can create minor barriers of light. One exception: Can fire bursts of light to smite any undead or illusory enemies. Summons are angelic beings, spirits of fallen warriors who fight nobly and honourably to defend the cause of good.

-Destruction/Darkness: The Great Despoiler; this magic corrupts and destroys with cruel methods. Can create poisons of many kinds, and can send them through any given surface through touch. Can use blast of negative energy to destroy things, and even summon undead without counting them as an actual summon. Actual Summons are daemons or greater undead, capable of great destruction and willing to destroy anything that crosses their path.

-Chaos: The most unpredictable magic, and thusly the hardest to control. This magic can alter the shape of anything into that of anything else. A Chaos mage of high power is still hard pressed to turn a being into a desired form, and those new to this magic often backfire and end up changing themselves into barnyard animals. Chaos magic also has the power to alter probability, which is even harder to control. A Choas mage has equal chances of making an opponent stumble or making themselves stumble. Summons are creatures whose allegiances are fickle, and whose methods destroy and lash out randomly. The Hydra is a good example. Other summons include combinations of animals; various chimaera make up this category.

-Reflection: The art of creating walls and barriers of pure energy, for defending or attacking as a blunt object. Each Relector mage is unique; a Reflector can only reflect certain kinds of attacks. Some can only reflect physical attacks; others ethereal attacks. Some defend the spirits of the living; others, the dead. You get the picture. Can walk on flat barriers over water or even in mid-air for short distances. Summons are heavily-armoured beasts who are loyal to the caster.

-Psion: Magics which enhance the mind, granting telepathic and telekinetic power. Psions can dispell illusions on themselves with ease; their minds are too strong to be conquered. Vulnerable to physical attack. Can levitate themselves over harsh terrain as long as they can concentrate. Summons are beasts of great speed and intelligence who can project their attacks beyond themselves.

-Berserk/Rage: Magics which enhance the body, unlocking hidden potential and activating functions of the body to alter physical properties. Berserkers can activate their own adrenaline reserves, heighten their senses, and amplify their endurance, among other things. Limited armour magics which amplify the toughness of the skin are available. Berserkers often don't feel wounds until after bttle is finished, which mak them an effective offense. However, Berserk magic can take its toll on the body, and often leaves the caster drained after extended use. Vulnerable to Psionic attack. Able to dispell illusions with great concentration due to sheer willpower. Healing is limited to the creation of a regeneration factor in their own body. All Berserker magics only apply to self. Summons are animals, often pack animals who are loyal to the caster and each other.

-Farsight: Magics which rely solely on the caster's sixth sense. No offensive magics: Farseers must attack with their weapons. However, Farseers have an innate precognito which gives them a sense of danger (like spider-sense), and a rare few have the ability to read minds. However, what they do with this knowledge is based on their combat prowess; knowing an attack is coming won't help if you can't block or dodge well. Farseers must be adept warriors for their talents to truly pose a threat. Extremely vulnerable to Chaos magic, and Berserkers seem to be immune to their mind-reading talents. No summons.

The Weapons

Technology has declined. Some small firearms remain; pistols, submachine guns, and other guns of that size are still around. Mostly, warriors are reliant on traditional weapons; swords, staves, etc. Even with the presence of firearms, there are those who have preference for the bow, the bah, and the crossbow. Take your choice, but don't use too many.

The Rules

There is only one rule: no god-modding within the limits of your School. Farseers can dodge excellently about 85% of the time, true, but evn they can't be considered invincible. Otherwise, swear and kill as you will, and all relation options are open.

The Profiles

Username:
Name:
Title/titles (if granted any):
School of Magic:
Summoned Creature:
Alignment:
Bio/Backstory:
Appearance (optional):
Weapon(s): Other data:
The Countdown

The world is dying. It only has a set number of mana. In my posts, you'll see The World Mana count. It is the count of how much mana is left before the world ends.

World Mana Count: 666,666

Here's how spells work. Each person has a mana count of 500. Spell costs are as follows:

-Minor spells: 25 mana
-Major spells: 50 mana
-Summons: 100 mana
-Terrain-alteration, Flight, or Surface-walking: 10 mana for every 10 yards walked

When a person runs out of mana, they do not die. Their personal mana count regenerates by 10 for every 5 posts, except for when specific rest times are posted (i.e. He went to sleep.). When a spell or spells are cast by you, please put the total amount of mana used at the bottom of your post so I can subtract it from the World Mana Count. I think it's a no-brainer to figure out that using weapons and hand-to-hand combat does not require mana.

World Events

At certain points in the countdown, the degeneration of reality will become evident due to various events. While we, the OOC authors, will now that these events will occur ahead of time, the characters will not. They are as follows:

-500,000: Most of the world's animals shall go berserk due to the fact that there is something wrong with the balance. Monster encounters in the wil will occur more frequently.

-400,000: Mankind will begin to lose touch with the world of magic. All players lose 150 of their mana maximum.

-300,000: Ties to the ethereal realms shall start to shatter. Summons will cost 1.5x more mana.

-200,000: Time is starting to slip away, and all chronological events are skewed. Each player who has hit zero mana must now roll a die of 1 to 6. 1 will make it so that no regenration occurs for the following posts. 6 will instantly restore all mana. 2 will restore 10 points. 3 will restore 50% of your mana total. 4 shall restore 50 points of mana. 5 will restore 10% of your mana at the cost of 10% of your Hit Points. Furthermore, the Time School will be introduced.

-100,000: The world is nearing its end, and hs become unpredictable. No more terramorphing, flight, or surface-walking spells can be cast.

Hit Points

Each character has 1000 Hit Points, except for Berserkers, who get an extra 500. Max damage for each kind of attack is as follows:

-Minor attack: 50 Hit Points
-Major attack: 150 Hit Points
-Summoned Creature's attacks: 300

Please, PM me if you feel changes should be made to this.

Status Attacks:

To compensate, some elements can inflict Status problems on their enemy. To do this, state the status effect you are trying to invoke with your spell in brackets and roll a die. Roll a 1 or a 6 and it will succeed. Here are the status effects available to various Schools:

-Fire: Burn: Target loses 10 Hit Points per turn until healed.
-Water: Freeze: Target cannot attack for their next three posts.
-Wind: Gale: Target cannot block attacks for the next three posts; however, dodging is still quite acceptable.
-Earth: Gravitation: Target is made slower due to increased gravity. Attacks have a 10% less chance of hitting, and there is a 15% less chance of dodging or blocking.
-Illusion: Confusion: Makes the sufferer attack their comrades for three posts, believing they are demons come to slay him/her.
-Darkness: Poison: Target loses 10 Hit Points and 10 Mana per post until healed.
-Chaos: Transfiguration: Target changes into an animal of the caster's choice; performed with a 20-sided die instead, with 1, 6, 14, and 18 being the right numbers. Failure results in that caster being turned into said animal. This effect remains until cured.
-Psions: Disruption: The mental focus of the target is sapped. No spells can be cast until the status is cured. Berserkers are immune.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:17 pm
(LET THE ARMAGEDDON COMMENCE!!!)  

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100

SweetKeiks

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:36 pm
(Hey Mobius canI join??)
Username:SweetKeiks
Name:Kellie
Tittel:Kellie of fate??
School of magicDestructive/Darkness
Summoned creature:Wolf
Alinnment:Good-Choatic
Apearance:Black Pants with black top and withe shoes Black hair and Dark crystal eyes?? (is this good??)
Weapons:Two samuris and one dager nothing else  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:46 pm
(*sighs* Alright, let me explain...

Title: Do people call you a special nickname? Like 'Kellie the Killer' or 'Kellie the Crusher' or something like that?

School of magic: Read the rules I set up.

Summoned creature: An animal or creature you can summon related to your school.

Alignment: Are you good? Evil? Neutral? Chaotic?

And yes, the appearance is good.)  

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Bellabie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:59 pm
[My, sir, quite comprehensive! heart
It sounds very, very lovely. I should like to join, but, as you know, I already allow too much of my time to this site. Perhaps I may be able to join in a bit.
Quite brilliant, dear Master Nightshade.
I should love to see in which direction this moves!
whee
b]  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:39 pm
(I second that sentiment! When I formulated this game, I was trying for an epic scenario which had a videogame/Dungeons&Dragons feel, and I'm sincerely hoping it works. Go ahead and join later. If you join late enough, the Time school will be open, and thus you will be at an advantage. Personally, I'm going to wait a bit to join meself.)  

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:48 pm
Username: Mobius Nightshade
Name: Rothgar Steelrend
Title/titles (if granted any): Rothgar the Relentless, Rothgar the Ravager
School of Magic: Berserk/Rage
Summoned Creature: Fenrir, Lord of Wolfkind
Alignment: Good-Chaotic
Bio/Backstory: The last of a barbarian tribe, Rothgar lives by the sword. He knows not of the condition of the world and he does not care; As long as he can survive and enjoy the intensity of battle for the remainder of his years, he shall be content. Enjoys combat, drinking, and womanizing.
Appearance (optional): A large, muscular man who adorns himself completely in wolf pelts broken up with the occasional steel garment. Long, black hair all in dreadlocks. Gray eyes.
Weapon(s): A great serrated flamberge he calls Bane.
Other data: His exact age is not known, but is estimated by scholars to be 127; yet he looks like a 35-year old warrior.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:12 pm
(bellabie you have an amazing siggy)

Username: Toekiyo
Name: Tomoyuda Oda
Nickname: Wakka
Title/titles (if granted any): Wakka the Vagabond
School of Magic: Light and healing
Summoned Creature: A holy samurai mounted on a pegasus
Alignment: Trying to survive the world
Bio/Backstory: Tomoyuda is a ninja who is in a completely foreign world and can barely speak english. He is trying to find a way back to his home back in Japan during the feudal era.
Appearance (optional): User Image
Weapon(s): Claws in picture
Other data: He is from the past and came through a slip through time and space

(is this ok?)  

Toekiyo Wolfwood

Dangerous Lover

4,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:09 pm
(More than okay, Toekiyo! It's perfect! Enjoy the game! I'm just hoping more people will come. I have no idea how to start...)  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:36 pm
(i am chaos chaos is strong yay)

Username: king phar
Name: Krith Adorelip
Title/titles (if granted any): the chosen of slaanesh
School of Magic: CHAOS!!!
Summoned Creature: the servant
Alignment: really really evil
Bio/Backstory: Krith was blessed by slaanesh at birth and his power has grown to allow him to destroy the world and grant him rights as a demon prince.
Appearance (optional): User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The servant is a beautiful young woman that can change her shape at the slightest change in thought, who has eyes that will absorb the soul of any man (or woman) with but a single second of eye contact.
Weapon(s): Other data: axe  

King Phar

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:47 pm
(Yay!!! Lord Slaanesh! I just hope you don't look that Daemonette in the eye yourself, young one. Chaos magic is very volatile, and almost impossible to control. By the way, I made an error in the profile structure. The Other data section next to weapons is meant to be it's own profile component.)  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:55 pm
( All of you boys creep me out except for you Bellabie whos a girl your cool and mobius you really scar me i mean really!!??)  

SweetKeiks

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:02 pm
(You think I'M scary? You just called Bellabie a boy. If I'm scary, she'll be just plain terrifying once she finds out! And what really scares me is that frown on your avi's face.)  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:04 pm
(he has a VERY good point....)  

hoplite323

SweetKeiks

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:06 pm
( you guys come on I need some different looks do you want me to change it???)  
Role Playing IC and OOC

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff