Welcome to Gaia! ::

Super-Happy-Fun-Time Guild

Back to Guilds

A fun place to make both friends and gold. 

Tags: giveaway, game, gold, contest, free 

Reply Contests, Giveaways, and General Chat
OMG Widget on Bebo

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll for you ^.^
  Yay! ^.^
View Results

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:20 am
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/announcements/introducing-the-omg-widget/t.35704273/

Apparently, if you sign up to Bebo or already have an account, and then if you add the OMG widget to your account on Bebo, then you can earn an item.

I hadn't even heard of Bebo before that announcement xD

Anyway, when you go to use your widget, there's a gift meter that you can fill up by clicking on stuff in the app. There are two scenes: a night club, and a parking lot that looks like the one in Rally. In the night club, you can click on grey balls, big support-structure thingies, and speakers; outside in the parking lot, you can click on light posts, shopping carts, and garbage cans.

It takes a lot of time, but once you fill up your gift bar, you get a Gaian item. I'm still working on mine xD (I'm less than halfway through so far.)

So, discussion topics:
~Had you heard of Bebo before the announcement?
~What do you think of Bebo?
~I can't believe how long this is taking! gonk (okay, so that was more of a complaint than a discussion topic...still, if you want to complain about it too, go for it xD)
~What you think of the item, once you get it (I dunno what it is; I think it's something like an MP3 player of some sort)
~Are you going to use the OMG Widget on other sites, once they make it available on other sites? (the announcement said something about this)
~Anything else that bears relevance to this topic  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:46 am
i'd heard of Bebo, but was avoiding using it.
it's a very awkward site.

i joined for the gaia thing
but with the game server problems,
it hasn't worked for me
-_-  

nox erebus

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:53 pm
Yeah, I joined it just for the item, too. They've put out a second Bebo item - the GO Phones (they're actually pretty cool headphones). Usually when free items come out, I send my army of mules to collect as many as I can, but this one was so time-consuming and carpal-tunnel-inducing, I've only done it on one account emo xD  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:12 am
yea, i haven't even bothered getting the Go Phones yet.
i hate the site so much -___-  

nox erebus

iKalena

5,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:03 pm
i have never heard of bebo before the announcement! i go on there sometimes and is actually cool. oh thanks, i thought that you could only click on the grey balls, and i wouldnt be able to fill my meter cause they move away! So now i can maybe get closer to filling mine up blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:21 am
lady bug luver 101
i have never heard of bebo before the announcement! i go on there sometimes and is actually cool. oh thanks, i thought that you could only click on the grey balls, and i wouldnt be able to fill my meter cause they move away! So now i can maybe get closer to filling mine up blaugh
Don't forget, you can click each clickable thing three times 3nodding  

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Contests, Giveaways, and General Chat

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers