Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Coupling
Pairings and the trouble they've caused *spoiler warning* Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like H/G or H/Hr?
H/G
100%
 100%  [ 6 ]
H/Hr
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

monochan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:11 pm
After the sixth book came out, JK got a lot of flak from Harry/Hermione fans; some even said that they weren't going to buy the 7th book just because it's Harry/Ginny instead of Harry/Hermione.
I don't get it. It's her book! Who knows, in the seventh book Harry might end up eloping with the twins for all I could care.
Why the hate? (although the founder of mugglenet's comment about H/Hr fans being "delusional" probably doesn't help...)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:45 am
That's ridiculous... A Harry/Hermione paring wouldn't work at all! Shippers for them who won't buy the final book won't know what they're missing! xd  

Magenta Platypus

Batsutousai

Dapper Lunatic

9,650 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:33 am
Personally, I think all those psyco shippers need a life. -.-
'Course, I know my OTP'll never happen, so I don't bother with ship wars... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:24 pm
Ok, so the couple you want to happen doesn't happen? What's the big deal?

Oh well, they clearly don't like the books all that much if something that small can sway them from finishing.  

non642

monochan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:15 pm
well, actually I was a H/Hr shipper for a while.... but I began to see that it wouldn't work out, first when it was Hr/K then when Ron started getting ferociously jealous. H/G completely threw me, though... I though Ginny'd gotten over Harry  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:25 pm
I'd thought she'd gotten over him too actually, because it had been such a little girl infatuation.  

non642

Treacherous Desire

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:01 am
Yuh. My sister is a Hermione/Harry fan. She kept asking me while I was reading it wether they had gotten together. She refuses to read them now that JK killed of Sirius.

Man, I think Harry and Hermione are too much like ... siblings to get involved that way. It would be like emotional incest.

Anyway. I agree. Her book. She can do whatever she wants with it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:02 am
hahaha, I love the term "emotional incest" rofl  

non642

RavenRogue

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:17 pm
I think it is ridiculous, the whole thing. Shipping is fine, but when people become so obsessed that they start hating the author because she, God forbid, wrote the books the way she wanted to instead of how a bunch of obsessed, occassionally sex-starved teens and pre-teens wanted it.

::sigh:: I rant about that a lot.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:23 am
RavenRogue
I think it is ridiculous, the whole thing. Shipping is fine, but when people become so obsessed that they start hating the author because she, God forbid, wrote the books the way she wanted to instead of how a bunch of obsessed, occassionally sex-starved teens and pre-teens wanted it.

Amen, as it were. wink  

Batsutousai

Dapper Lunatic

9,650 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Grey_Temerity

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:43 am
Nialla
I'd thought she'd gotten over him too actually, because it had been such a little girl infatuation.

It's because J.K. Rowling feels compelled to inject some sort of romance into the book because Harry is getting old. However the female characters are all so two-dimentional and underdeveloped that any pairing seems odd.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:11 am
Well I don't know if I'd say that about Hermione, but with Ginny I agree that she is not as developped a character as Harry so her motives are kind of flimsy.

I understand that as Harry gets older, JK would want to show teenage romance. However, I did sort of feel like many of the characters were thrown into relationships just for the sake of having them dating. If that makes sense.  

non642

RavenRogue

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:35 am
Nialla
Well I don't know if I'd say that about Hermione, but with Ginny I agree that she is not as developped a character as Harry so her motives are kind of flimsy.

I understand that as Harry gets older, JK would want to show teenage romance. However, I did sort of feel like many of the characters were thrown into relationships just for the sake of having them dating. If that makes sense.

With Lavender it made sense, since Ron only got into that to get back at Hermoine (he owes Lavender an apology... annoying or not she was used). But with Harry and Ginny... Well, Ginny had a bit of a Mary Sue Syndrome going on...  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:28 pm
Batsutousai
RavenRogue

Amen, as it were. wink

Yes!!! Two normal people!!! xd  

monochan

Grey_Temerity

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:45 am
Nialla

Essentially, she didn't manage enough character-development in the early books. A failing of hers.  
Coupling

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff